• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The X-Files: Fight The Future

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't have a name for this project yet but I just thought I'd post what I have for it. I'm sure Throw will be interested.

- The X-Files Premiere Special (E!)(06/11/98)
- The X-Files Movie Special (Fox)(06/15/98)
- The X-Files: Behind-The-Scenes (E!)(06/20/98)
- 3 tv spots

As far as I can remember the two specials from E! were one-hour shows but I can't remember anything about the Fox one. I checked the back of my DVD for the movie and they don't list tv spots as being included so I checked the back of my Blu-Ray of the film and they don't list them either, although they do say "and more" but iirc tv spots weren't included. I also have several newspaper articles about the film printed around the time the film came out.

I'm going to be transfering these in XP mode so this should be a 3-disc project, unless the Fox special is only a half-hour special then it'll be a 2-disc special.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This guy is interested too.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Actually since I cancelled my internet at home I've barely been using my computer at all. Somedays I don't even turn it on at all. I really should get back to work on them but I'm really bad when it comes to procrastinating. I keep telling myself that I should get to work on them but I usually just turn on the tv or crack open a book. I'll try to get started, or rather continue, this weekend.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got some good news and some more good news for you Throw. I was going through my tapes and found another tape with the E! Premiere special and the FOX special. This is the tape that I would have had them on after editing out the commercials but before taping them on the other tape where I was able to add the second E! special. This tape is one generation better so I'll be using that tape to transfer them to DVD.

The other good news is that I found another tv special that I had recorded about The X-Files movie. The special is called "Inside The X-Files" and is technically a special about the show that features interviews with the cast and crew and a behind-the-scenes look at the show, iirc, but there's also a sneak peak at the movie.

I just checked DVDAF and it appears that it was officially released on the first edition of the fifth season box set. I've only got the third release of the box set which has no extras on it so if you've got the first release of that season could you check to see if it's the same one that FOX aired?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nice!! I don't have season 5 yet (only own 1-3 at the moment), but I will do some research.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks. It'll be too bad if it's available on the box set but at the same time it'll be good because the version on the box set will be better quality than the one I have.

Top Bottom