• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO... the Simpsons

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by AvP
Documentary about the television series THE SIMPSONS and the movie, looking at its growth and development since 1987 and its huge popularity.
simpsons_front.jpg

new film name: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO... the Simpsons
edit crew name: AvP Productions
Date Edit Was Released:14/10/09
Runtime:76 minutes

Fanedit details:

Author: AvP
Video Format: MPEG2/720×480/16.9/NTSC
Audio Format: Dolby Digital 2.0 STEREO

Description:
Documentary about the television series THE SIMPSONS and the movie, looking at its growth and development since 1987 and its huge popularity. Also The Culture Show paid homage to the great success of The Simpsons with this special half-hour documentary about them. Hosted by Lauren Laverne (who co-hosts Culture Show along with the great film critic Mark Kermode), this programme basically looked back from their first appearance on The Tracey Ullman Show in 1987 and episodes gone by to see why everyone loves this cartoon sitcom so much. This included the key and supporting characters, the jokes, the celebrity appearances, the writers, the mocking of everyday things, and much more, a great one-off documentary with plenty of clips, information and opinion to keep you interested. With contributions from creator Matt Groening, Ricky Gervais, Nick Park, Stephen Hawking, Phill Jupitus, Helen Fielding and Johnny Vegas.

Main Feature:

- THE WORLD ACCORDING TO... the Simpsons
- A CULTURE SHOW SPECIAL...

Hardware and software information:

* Avs script
* CCE SP v2.7
* DVD-lab PRO 2
* Mpeg Video Wizard DVD
* PgcDemux
* Sony Vegas
* VirtualDub 1.6

persons involved: AvP

Why is this listed under Preservations? Shouldn't this be under Special Editions? I don't recall this ever being officially released.

My bad. I guess I still have the old FE rules on the brain.

could someone tell me what the password is please

Its with the DLC rar package.

yeah, just found that. I'm an idiot! Sorry!

Popped the disc in tonight and watched the culture show special. Really entertaining. It's funny to see an English perspective on the show. Great job on the disc too. Looking forward to watching the other part.

ThrowgnCpr said:
It's funny to see an English perspective on the show.

how is it different to yours?

not much different really. Thats one of the things that makes the Simpsons so great. Unlike movies, most television shows really aren't very popular outside of their native country. The Simpsons seems to have something so special that it doesn't matter what part of the world you live in, people can connect with it.

I especially liked to hear Nick Park's reactions.

New special on last night. From the director who did the documentary "Super-Size Me!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_20th_Anniversary_Special_-_In_3-D!_On_Ice!

might make for an interesting disc 2 :)

Might end up being included on the Season 21 box set but better to grab the 720p cap now just in case. Are you going to be including any extras along with it?

Frantic Canadian said:
Might end up being included on the Season 21 box set but better to grab the 720p cap now just in case. Are you going to be including any extras along with it?

Well if they do it be along time....season 12 or 13 is only just come out.....as for anything else yes ive got "inside the actors".

Actually they're releasing season 20 tomorrow on DVD and Blu-Ray so they might be releasing the new seasons as they go along like they do with every other current show.

Might want to include this as an extras.

Top Ten List presented by Homer Simpson on David Letterman

And use http://www.youddl.com so you can get the 1080p version.

adding also "The Simpsons - Access All Areas" think it might be in free parts...so they could be an extra disc (3 in total).

the other 2 are called Simpsons - Mischief & Mayhem and Simpsons - Celebrity Friends.

by AvP
Documentary about the television series THE SIMPSONS and the movie, looking at its growth and development since 1987 and its huge popularity.
simpsons_front.jpg

new film name: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO... the Simpsons
edit crew name: AvP Productions
Date Edit Was Released:14/10/09
Runtime:76 minutes

Fanedit details:

Author: AvP
Video Format: MPEG2/720×480/16.9/NTSC
Audio Format: Dolby Digital 2.0 STEREO

Description:
Documentary about the television series THE SIMPSONS and the movie, looking at its growth and development since 1987 and its huge popularity. Also The Culture Show paid homage to the great success of The Simpsons with this special half-hour documentary about them. Hosted by Lauren Laverne (who co-hosts Culture Show along with the great film critic Mark Kermode), this programme basically looked back from their first appearance on The Tracey Ullman Show in 1987 and episodes gone by to see why everyone loves this cartoon sitcom so much. This included the key and supporting characters, the jokes, the celebrity appearances, the writers, the mocking of everyday things, and much more, a great one-off documentary with plenty of clips, information and opinion to keep you interested. With contributions from creator Matt Groening, Ricky Gervais, Nick Park, Stephen Hawking, Phill Jupitus, Helen Fielding and Johnny Vegas.

Main Feature:

- THE WORLD ACCORDING TO... the Simpsons
- A CULTURE SHOW SPECIAL...

Hardware and software information:

* Avs script
* CCE SP v2.7
* DVD-lab PRO 2
* Mpeg Video Wizard DVD
* PgcDemux
* Sony Vegas
* VirtualDub 1.6

persons involved: AvP