• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Wolverine - Very Slightly Extended Edition (title pending)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit takes the unique snippets of footage from the theatrical cut that wasn't used in the Extended, and puts them back in. Some are only a few frames and some are a few seconds. Regardless, this is the longest version of the film. The alternate ending is also used for a bit of flair. I mean i was planning on making an edit with only the alt end, but thought I may as well make some other minor additions too

ADDITIONS FROM TC
- A shot of Wolverine getting his claws out to kill the bear is slightly longer
- Wolverine goes towards the door after talking to Yashida, and Yukio follows him
- Mariko and her kidnappers are walking down the hall longer
- A close-up of Wolverine can be seen insignificantly longer as he is being beaten
- Wolverine looks down at the drain where his blood runs down with the rain 
- Wolverine is standing at a door slightly longer after coming in from the rain
- Hranda pours the poison in a bucket, and dips his arrows in it
- Yukio arrives at the tower with her motorcycle. She gets off and stops in front of the fence.
- Alternate Ending from BR Bonus Features is also used here 

It's only about 30 seconds longer than the Extended, but I thought it was still worth sharing. 

And also I couldn't think of a good name as the Unleashed and Immortal Edition were already taken by Fox. The Samurai Cut was my next idea, but unsure about it.

Trez75

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Samurai Cut was my next idea, but unsure about it.

Bobson strikes again :) The Samurai Cut sounds ok. How about you consider japanese words like "Kuzuri" (Wolverine in japanese) or The Ronin cut. Personaly i think he is more a Ronin than a Samurai. 

Anyway looking forward to this one. Good luck.

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
This edit takes the unique snippets of footage from the theatrical cut that wasn't used in the Extended, and puts them back in. Some are only a few frames and some are a few seconds. Regardless, this is the longest version of the film. The alternate ending is also used for a bit of flair. I mean i was planning on making an edit with only the alt end, but thought I may as well make some other minor additions too

ADDITIONS FROM TC
- A shot of Wolverine getting his claws out to kill the bear is slightly longer
- Wolverine goes towards the door after talking to Yashida, and Yukio follows him
- Mariko and her kidnappers are walking down the hall longer
- A close-up of Wolverine can be seen insignificantly longer as he is being beaten
- Wolverine looks down at the drain where his blood runs down with the rain 
- Wolverine is standing at a door slightly longer after coming in from the rain
- Hranda pours the poison in a bucket, and dips his arrows in it
- Yukio arrives at the tower with her motorcycle. She gets off and stops in front of the fence.
- Alternate Ending from BR Bonus Features is also used here 

It's only about 30 seconds longer than the Extended, but I thought it was still worth sharing. 

And also I couldn't think of a good name as the Unleashed and Immortal Edition were already taken by Fox. The Samurai Cut was my next idea, but unsure about it.

How about All-Claws Edition, referring to the bear scene with claws out is longer, and a play on words/concept where most scenes are simply longer (i.e. more complete)

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Bobson Dugnutt", you've changed! Yoda never tried to phone home.

For title ideas, I wouldn't call it a "cut" if you didn't cut anything. Then again, is it stretching it to call this an extended edition if you add only 30 seconds? :angel:

With that in mind, perhaps:
Wolverine, the barely-extended edition?

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:

For title ideas, I wouldn't call it a "cut" if you didn't cut anything.

That would invalidate the majority of Director's Cuts..... :D

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:

For title ideas, I wouldn't call it a "cut" if you didn't cut anything. Then again, is it stretching it to call this an extended edition if you add only 30 seconds? :angel:

With that in mind, perhaps:
Wolverine, the barely-extended edition?

It's barely extended, but at least there is some mildly interesting stuff, like the new ending

Trust me, Yoda has always tried to phone home

tumblr_ndirmui63s1rp0vkjo2_500.gif

Trez75 said:
The Samurai Cut was my next idea, but unsure about it.

Bobson strikes again :) The Samurai Cut sounds ok. How about you consider japanese words like "Kuzuri" (Wolverine in japanese) or The Ronin cut. Personaly i think he is more a Ronin than a Samurai. 

Anyway looking forward to this one. Good luck.

I did wanna use Kuzuri, but I'm not sure since this is still in the works and shares the name.

What about The Slightly More Savage Edition?

Trez75

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What about The Slightly More Savage Edition?

Maybe "The Slightly More Savage Cut" It is another way to say "unrated". But you have a point..i guess "Edition" is the best word to use.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motleys Fanedits said:
Seriously, how many edits do you have in store, Bobson?

No more than 24.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Logan's claws look like the current WWE logo :D

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sold: using the alternate ending doesn't add much time but really changes it. For my taste, for the better. :cool:

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Motleys Fanedits said:
Seriously, how many edits do you have in store, Bobson?

No more than 24.

That's vongoli, I've got at least 30, which is about 4 or 5 higher than 24. 
jswert123456 said:
version 2
w9eYUDK.png

Not bad, here's my take on the poster. Might not be savage enough though
9RaCnrS.png

Official Extended is 2:18:14 while this cut is 2:18:38, so it's only really 24 more seconds of footage

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Late to the party I know but title ideas:

The Wolverine: Fully Extended
The Wolverine: Reclawed

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For anyone that needs/wants the Japanese subtitles to this film, I put them together for everyone's enjoyment. Feel free to DM me if you want them. You should be able to DM Bobson as well, but I wouldn't want to distract him any more than possible so he can concentrate on his excellent workload.

Top Bottom