• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Witcher: The Last Wish

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
full

Ok then, so here is my first attempt at editing streaming content. As a fan of Sapkowski's books for the last 23 years, I was anticipating this adaptation but was eventually disappointed by it. Too much unnecessary filler, pointless attempt to make Yennefer main character which she never was in the books, omitting things crucial to the story, logical errors, geographical errors, too many things to count... It can't be fixed the way i would want it to be, but I could at least make it a little closer to my beloved books, at least first one of them, as the show later deviates from the books more and more, making the story unrecognizable (season 2 is a complete mess which I dont think can be fixed like the first one could).

So here's a 2,5 hour long edit of episodes 1-5 of Netflix show. The goal was to keep it closer to the book, in a form of a few short stories presented one after another (there is no "The Voice of Reason" framing story as it was not in the show, and since "Grain of Truth" short story was changed in the show, and moved to season 2, it's not present here either).

Geralt is the only main character here, we stay with him most of the time, there's no Ciri (yet), and Yennefer shows up when Geralt meets her.
Episodes 2 and 3 were switched here for better flow, so Jaskier doesn't disappear just after he is introduced. Because of that, prostitute's line mentioning bard was cut.

There are also additional audio tracks (english and polish), re-scored with music from Witcher games soundtracks and "Hexer" TV show music by Grzegorz Ciechowski (which I consider to be the best witcher related music ever created), but for all those who enjoyed Sonya Belousova and Giona Ostinelli's work, there's original audio track too.

I think this is as close to a proper adaptation of first Witcher book, as we can get with this material.

PS. The sequel will follow (based on episodes 6-8), but it won't be that close to the corresponding book ("Sword of Destiny") as more than half of it was completely omitted in the show.

Last edited:
The original series could have had so much potential - too bad they gave the books into the wrong hands. During a recent Instagram Q&A session, ex-The Witcher writer DeMayo claimed:

"I've been on a show – namely Witcher – where some of the writers were not or actively disliked the books and games (even actively mocking the source material). It's a recipe for disaster and bad morale. Fandom as a litmus test checks egos, and makes all the long nights worth it. You have to respect the work before you're allowed to add to its legacy."

No wonder Henry Cavill left the show for Season 4. But I hope you can do something with seasons 2 and season 3 when it's released. Now I wonder how your film flows in terms of narrative.

Last edited:
I was planning to do whole series of book edits, but then the second season came, punched me in the face and kicked in the balls.

I really thought they can improve after first season, because they were at the start of the bigger story, all the books are great and they are completed (unlike certain saga that already got 8 seasons long adaptation), but no, they've decided to replace most of the plot with some stupid made-up garbage story of their own. I will watch third season and then decide if there is a way to save it, but after Cavill's recast I've kinda lost my motivation for this project.

Anyway, I haven't given up yet.

Now I wonder how your film flows in terms of narrative.
Closer to the book in that case means that we have a handful of short standalone stories, at least in first part. Second part will be a little different though.

I was wondering when someone would get around to doing an edit of this series. I am very anxiously anticipating seeing this. I promise to review Three F#$king Bears if you count me in...

As for the first review:

Versingthegamez said:
28:53 some weird color pallet change in the middle of the fight.

1:31:30 Cuts feel a bit jarring.

Not sure what it is about and I dont think I have anything to do with those :)

I constantly was annoyed that there was a music track in 95% of the scenes in the film.

Well, it may be overdone a little, but you may always choose original audio which is also available ;)

Last edited:
sorry about asking,I am new to this website and I don't know how to watch this fan edit.I will be greatful if anyone can tell me

You had me at Geralt being the main character! Haha

sorry about asking,I am new to this website and I don't know how to watch this fan edit.I will be greatful if anyone can tell me
I'm new as well. If it works the same way Reddit does then you need to send the creator a private message and ask for further details. I think that how it works here. :)

Back
Top Bottom