• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Warriors - Theatrical Cut Reconstruction (HD) V2 Finished

SilverWook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thisTV  in the U.S. shows old edited for tv versions of films. (They are a 4:3 SD digital subchannel.) They inexplicably ran the longer ABC version of Star Trek II a couple years back, so I'm hoping that Warriors tv cut pops up again someday.

Have you thought about asking around on the Warriors fan forum?
http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14245
Check the last post in that thread.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SilverWook said:
thisTV  in the U.S. shows old edited for tv versions of films. (They are a 4:3 SD digital subchannel.) They inexplicably ran the longer ABC version of Star Trek II a couple years back, so I'm hoping that Warriors tv cut pops up again someday.

Have you thought about asking around on the Warriors fan forum?
http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14245
Check the last post in that thread.

Worth a try. Thanks. A decent source does exist because that old TV composit edit looks nice.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I gave up trying to find a decent source for the deleted scenes. Nevermind. Not including them gives more space on the disc for video quality of the main movie anyway :) . I think/hope the final render is processing now.

SilverWook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hooray!
I still hope maybe we get the deleted stuff for the inevitable 40th anniversary release next year. Paramount undoing the awful 1997 soundmix of Grease for the new 4K edition gives me a tiny ray of hope they might at least give us both cuts of The Warriors.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SilverWook said:

...and hooray for the VHS soundmix you donated. It's by far my favourite accompaniment to the movie and is set as the first and default sound option on the blu-ray. To my untrained ear, the other stereo and surround mixes are a lot stronger on the bass side but thinner everywhere else, so the bass tends to overwhelm things in comparison. Your VHS mix has lovely clarity and punch.

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Glad you're finishing this up! The Director's Cut haunts my dreams. Such a useless cut of a great film.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Coverart is done, with a Criterion style one and two alternate covers based on the theatrical posters.

42533222531_82f23fc337_o.jpg

42533222491_c3af3f968b_o.jpg

42533222361_6be4403e1c_o.jpg

They're designed to be replacements for the official cover, with the 'Director's Cut' listed as a bonus disc.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
V2 of what I have renamed the "Theatrical Cut Reconstruction" (rather than the earlier "Restoration" title) is now finished, uploaded and the old ifdb listing has been updated: https://ifdb.fanedit.org/warriors-the-theatrical-cut-reconstruction-hd/

I uploaded this cropping demo I had on vimeo, on to youtube:

Much rejoicing :) . This projet has been a long time in-the-works.

tumblr_n0u9aeI1lD1smt9e6o1_500.gif

b58533cdd6e42126e8da163840c37ad5.gif

DVDReal

Reaction score
Trophy Points
please forgive me if this has already been asked but isn't there already a HD version of the original 1979 Theatrical Cut readily available on Netflix?
Also the version I got (yesterday) only contained the 5.1 remixed audio track and the ISO image was 20.4GB (not 22GB)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVDReal said:
please forgive me if this has already been asked but isn't there already a HD version of the original 1979 Theatrical Cut readily available on Netflix?

There is a discussion on the difference a couple pages back.

DVDReal said:
Also the version I got (yesterday) only contained the 5.1 remixed audio track and the ISO image was 20.4GB (not 22GB)

Maybe you downloaded somebody else's version, or my old version from somewhere. PM me for more info.

DVDReal

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you for the quick reply and I look forward to reading the discussion on the difference between these versions

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Link removed. Do not post download links in the forum. Please read the site rules and contact a site admin if you have questions.

DVDReal

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't actually post the link just mentioned the name of the site mentioned in the faq?

Tony

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi,

Is there an MP4 or MKV version available of this cut? I have no way of burning a new blu ray and I'd like to check it out it. I hate what Hill did with the film in the UDC.

But, I don't want to DL 25gb and not be able to watch it.

Thanks,
Tony

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tony said:
Hi,

Is there an MP4 or MKV version available of this cut? I have no way of burning a new blu ray and I'd like to check it out it. I hate what Hill did with the film in the UDC.

Thanks,
Tony

There is little point in presenting this fanedit below blu-ray quality because you could just go buy the Theatrical DVD. However, you can still get the blu-ray and demux the video & audio streams from the blu-ray's *.m2ts file using something like TSMuxer and then put them into an MP4 or MKV container using another program. You'll then be able to watch it just fine on your PC (or TV using a 25gb+ usb stick drive) without the need for burning off.

Tony

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Tony said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Tony

There is little point in presenting this fanedit below blu-ray quality because you could just go buy the Theatrical DVD. However, you can still get the blu-ray and demux the video & audio streams from the blu-ray's *.m2ts file using something like TSMuxer and then put them into an MP4 or MKV container using another program. You'll then be able to watch it just fine on your PC (or TV using a 25gb+ usb stick drive) without the need for burning off.

Um, never used TSMuxer. Can I use makemkv to dump and MKV version of your files?

Is the DVD good quality? If so, I might just get that. But, I've stopped buying DVDs. The difference in clarity between even something as small as a 5gb compressed MKV of a bluray and a DVD is quite remarkable.

Sorry for all the dumb questions.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tony said:
Um, never used TSMuxer. Can I use makemkv to dump and MKV version of your files?

I believe so but I've not used it myself.

Tony said:
Is the DVD good quality?

The old Warriors TC DVD is actually pretty good (the PAL version I have is anyway). It usually has this cover (one of the worst artwork designs of all time :D ) but the disc is fine:

51JG4BY42PL.jpg

It's possibly out of print and cheap second hand, although they just released a VHS style repack with the DC blu-ray and TC DVD as a bonus:

61BzbJbELpL.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Warriors-Bluray-Limited-collection-included/dp/B07F2FNYQS/

Tony said:
Sorry for all the dumb questions.

Not at all.

retroramblings

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last night we held a screening of this theatrical restoration at my new Cult Film Club at the Hippodrome theatre in Eastbourne. It went really well, except I think I selected the VHS sound track instead of one of the better ones! It looked great but sounded hissy, but I didn't want to have to stop the film to fix it! I don't think anyone in the audience noticed, and it kind of added to the grungy feel of the film. It looked great on the big screen though!  Thanks!

49938302_2302070159812677_8941845838364147712_o.jpg

50337251_2302070386479321_7268905262814068736_o.jpg

50223067_2302070406479319_59835521567817728_o.jpg

50259437_2302070443145982_8411985025955790848_o.jpg

You can see all the pictures on our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/HippodromeCFC/

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brilliant!  :) Thanks for posting those. Did you mention it was the Theatrical Cut beforehand, or just surprise people?

Top Bottom