• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The War of the Stars II - The Future in Motion

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
I tend to think of the things I liked more than the things I didn't. It's definitely a very unique and imaginative take on the story. I plan to do a re-watch sometime soon.
Totally agree.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just got finished watching this, you did a great job. I really enjoyed the alternate/deleted scenes ive never seen before.

Thanks again!

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Put me in the camp that actually liked this one more than the first.

While the first one was imaginative, I didn't think think everything worked. I personally really didn't like the Neil Young replacement, though using the Troops footage was brillant. In my opinion, keeping the second more grounded and less being an attempt to grindhouse served the story better and made for a better experience. Clearly this one is splitting opinions but I'm glad that TMBTM was able to create such a cool story. I showed it to my mom, who watched the original Star Wars eight times in theaters loved his take on the universe and has actually watched it again recently. Definitely made a fan due to this edit.

Too bad there's no more good footage to use, as I'd really like to see where a third film would go. If only there were more Star Wars set after Jedi......;-)

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hymie said:
Too bad there's no more good footage to use, as I'd really like to see where a third film would go. If only there were more Star Wars set after Jedi......;-)

Another reason a new SW movie every 2 years is a good thing. And if the "bringing back Vader" rumor is true, it might make TMBTM's job easier
since he could turn Luke into the new Vader easily.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The funny thing is, I actually still need to see the first one (the grindhouse cut)!

I think part of the issue for me was simply that, for once, I wasn't watching a movie that I thought needed fixing. When I watch all the prequel edits, I'm wanting things to be as different as possible. But Empire and Jedi are pretty close to perfection for me, so it took some mental adjustment to get used to this wildly different interpretation.

But when I think back on it now, I'm always thinking of the masterstrokes: the integration of Revenge of the Sith into the opening of this film; the alternate arrival on Dagobah; the wildly different dream prophecy in the cave; the way that the scene actually played out when Luke got to Cloud City; the Trek/Wars Wampa; the hilarious revision of the Emperor/Vader discussion; the inclusion of most (if not all) of the Blu-ray scenes; the new duel; and, of course, that corker of an ending. I just keep nodding my head and saying, "Yeah, that was another really brilliant scene."

Like I said, I need to re-watch this soon. :) Rather than seeing it as a replacement, I just need to see it as a Star Wars sequel from an alternate universe.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hymie said:
I personally really didn't like the Neil Young replacement, though using the Troops footage was brillant.
It's so funny how opinions vary so widely (something I've definitely experienced with my edit). I loved the Neil Young and disliked the Troops footage. It's really true that YMMV.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's another who liked this one better. Actually, of all the fan edits I've seen, this is my favorite.

By the way, let's hope that the sequel trilogy's got some good material for a WOTSIII!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Rather than seeing it as a replacement, I just need to see it as a Star Wars sequel from an alternate universe.

wurd.

Pagz

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoyed it a lot. A worthy successor to WOTS. The only minor complaint that I have is that the good footage really sticks out against the poor footage. I would have preferred to have seen the whole edit treated to the "grindhouse" effect. It was a little jarring.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pagz said:
I enjoyed it a lot. A worthy successor to WOTS. The only minor complaint that I have is that the good footage really sticks out against the poor footage. I would have preferred to have seen the whole edit treated to the "grindhouse" effect. It was a little jarring.

Thanks, I understand about about the poor/good footage.
The thing is that I did try my best to degrade the prequels footage to match the Original Untouched Trilogy, and I thought most of the OT deleted scenes were more or less okay the way they are; except Han/Leia on Hoth and the desert storm scene on tatooine (I tried to remove some scratched and dust but the work was too exhausting so I let them like that).
I was a bit worried to degrade "grindhouse style" 90% of the video while the mood of the fanedit was not to be really "grindhouse" like the first edit. But yeah, "grindhouse or not" was a dilemma, before I released this fanedit. I choosed not grindhouse because it was not the main goal of this fanedit.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is available at MEGA. (maybe check fanedit.info, soon)
In fact it was available for a long time, just forgot to spread the news.

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great edit, highly recommended for its creativity and masterful use of special effects.

You (TMBTM) said: "Boba Fett does not roll the grenade, it is Leia.At least it's the way I wanted the audience to understand it. But it was VERY difficult to do and it's not surprising some people do not understand it. Let's say that despite the amount of work spent on this scene, it is not the moment of the edit i'm the most proud of in the end."

Ok, misunderstood that, watched that scene again and you are right, Leia rolled it, and yes that works. Only problem could be the explosion could wake up Jabba's palace-folks. But that's a minor problem compared to the problem I thought there is because I thought the bounty hunter rolled the grenade. Sorry, my mistake.

Amended the review for that point.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool, but I agree it was not "super crystal clear" either.

I thought about the explosion waking up everyone, but in the words of Doc Emmett Brown: "Well, I figured, what the hell!"
Then I added a very quiet exterior shot of the Palace directly after the explosion to specifically tell that no one cared about the explosion.
I even think it can provide a little humor to the scene. The best would maybe have been to have a shot of Jabba opening an eye and then continuing to sleep!

weed1967

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Watched this for the second time today. I'll try to keep my thoughts brief and not spoil any surprises.

War of the Stars II succeeds in its own right and is a wonderful follow up to the first edit. There were many times I was blown away by how TMBTM changed things. The opening sequence lets the viewer know right away that this is a sequel to WAR OF THE STARS, not just a fanedit of ESB and ROTJ.

I personally loved that this was not a Grindhouse movie and that some of the added scenes and effects didn't have the same consistent look throughout. It added to the mythology of it all, as if the director of this movie blew his budget on two sequences so had to go cheap with some other effects. And maybe even the original director never fully finished the movie and some scenes were re-shot by someone else.

TMBTM has succeeded in making a truly great sequel to War of the Stars without falling into the trap of making a carbon copy of the first one. A lot of hard work went into this making this and it paid off well. 10/10.
:) Hi, War of the Stars II: The Future in Motion sounds really good. How and where can I watch it? Can I download it? How can I contact the maker of the movie? Thanks:D

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=31586]weed1967[/MENTION], please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit and its first part (A New Hope Grindhoused) can be found in streaming on vimeo.
Check my blog

Top Bottom