• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The War of the Stars II - The Future in Motion

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved the new effects and the deleted scenes, they really captured that "new movie" feel that the first WOTS had. The only things that didn't work for me were very small, the audio in the sandstorm was really bad and somewhere between the ESB and ROTJ footage it lost my attention and I had to come back to it. The story's setup was done but the climax was still pretty far off and it dragged a bit. If this had been a grindhouse affair, that would be the moment that would benefit the most from a "missing reel". There were some instances of audio not synched with lips and R2 has subtitles, so in those instances it briefly reminded me of Frink's edit (no offense to Frink, but that's not a good thing if the intent is to not be ridiculous). However, like I said, those were very brief and almost inconsequential, and definitely not cringe-worthy like some instances in Lucas' current versions.

Moving past the bad, there is SO MUCH GOOD! TMBTM once again makes me give a crap about Star Wars for a few hours. There are 90 new effects, but calling them effects seems to do them and TMBTM a disservice. They're full blown completely new shots that craft a new story wherever possible! This is the stuff of professionals, goes far above and beyond mere editing, and at least 90% of it is just damn beautiful.
The movie looks and feels like it was made in the 80s in Fringe's alternate universe where Star Wars as we know it simply does not exist. There's more Wampa, more Boba, more Dark Side Red Eyes and some really clever stuff I won't spoil. Yoda's training is actually better and Luke is just awesome.

I think the film would have done better as a grindhouse edit for the sake of consistency with the original and to hide the quality of some of the deleted scenes, but it works as is 8.5/10

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
watching this was a childhood christmas all over again—thanks, TMBTM!

i'll put up a review when my work duties ease up, but for now, i should point out to the mods that TFiM was corralled into the episode IV section on the star wars fanedit.info page. :-?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
i should point out to the mods that TFiM was corralled into the episode IV section on the star wars fanedit.info page. :-?

You passed the "are you paying attention" test. :)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i sensed a disturbance in the force. :-D

chris4evil

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im so excited. Im preying that London goes on lock down from some sort of weather related disaster and I have to go home and watch this. Thanks TMBTM,

Dethryl

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mere words are insufficient here. I loved the opening. It made utter sense and was an awesome way to open the movie. I was blown away by the altered storyline. I bow to you, sir. If we should ever meet, I will buy you a drink. This is truly magnificent.

chris4evil

Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK.... TMBTM...

Ive watched alot of these fanedits, I like to think of myself as a tourist in a wonderful film subculture. I told my wife proudly, "one day people will look back on this work as art and describe it as a rebellious knee-jerk reaction from a modern audience." (yes, I speak to my wife like that) My first fanedit was Dezionised, I was hooked, that movie is now proudly sat on my shelf as my DEFINITIVE sequel to the Matrix. I fell in love with TMBTM after watching his silent shorts and later Jaws and Star wars grindhouse re-edits.

The anticipated follow up to the The War of the Stars, aptly named Part II was viewed last night and it is a game changer. With respect to many editors out there, you really have to show alot of empathy when viewing fanedits, they can be ropey and a little cut and paste. Hell, even Dezionised is a little shaky at times, can you blame the editors though? They are effectively hacking up a work of 'Art' and pasting it back together to try and get across their viewpoint...

TMBTM has grown and grown and now TWOTS Pt II is the closest thing ive seen to a perfect fanedit. Its a different film entirely with a nod of the head to those moments we love from the original. This film isn't self indulgent at all like other attempts. I love the Ridiculous Menace, I truly do. But its too long, self indulgent and has some poor taste at times, but its a wonderful idea and there are moments when I simply black out from lack of oxygen as I am laughing so hard. TMBTM has worked on a film that is clever, engaging and has funny moments you dare not miss.

I felt I had to contribute more than a "I LOVE IT" post, This film is truly wonderful and gets a five star high five from myself and the team at Supergoober. What am I doing tonight? Im watching it again.... TEEEEEAAAAMMM!!!!!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know this is the wrong thread for a TRM discussion...but poor taste?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As it appears that .info is down by now, you can PM me if you're interested in this edit.

chris4evil

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Fink.

First off amigo, you have given something magic to the world. Trust me I will watch anything you make and gladly share it.

I ment no disrespect to the edit. You have no idea what I went though to get a copy of it and I will happily watch it again and again. Some of the gags just didnt hit home and it has many a ropy moment. I love the 'Naked Gun' direction it goes in. Liam Neason and his dry manor, hes like Lesley Nealson! The banaka phone gag, too long, we got it the second time. Anakin finishing the race. To long, we get it. Some of the Jar Jar subtitles where a little tedious. You work better when you chop up the dialog and change the charector traits. I felt the Obi Wan and Qui Gon thing was utter genius and should have be explored a little more. I really really really love the "your Majesty" gag. That had me my wife and our friends rolling around. The film is a riot and has me in stitches, please dont take offence. I think you could do a redux version, streamline that M***er F**ker and get it tight. I want to see the sequal that I HOPE you are working on instead of worrying about what I think.

I hope I have expressed myself and how I feel about your work. TRM is in my top five dude. LOVE it but it wont hit a mass audiance like TMBTM's edits can and have.

"always remember, I killed a Jedi once, that should be enough for you" - Pure class.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Once upon a time, there was a specific thread for The Ridiculous Menace discussion.

Now there are two of them.

:p

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:lol:

Anyway, back on-topic, .info is back up so don't hassle TMBTM for links. ;)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
i should point out to the mods that TFiM was corralled into the episode IV section on the star wars fanedit.info page.

Both War of the Stars edits by TMBTM are now listed under Saga Sets.

rankmaniac2012-40.gif

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I'll update this edit because of some typos errors.
The biggest one is Ian McDiarmind (in place of Ian McDiarmid)

F...!!!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The typos didn't bother me in the slightest.

Love the guitars on hoth, it works so well!

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anything, you should just play the typos off as "planned creative changes."

:D

ghouldetail

Reaction score
Trophy Points
it's not unusual for actors to have their names spelt wrong in movie credits, especially low budget ones. You used to see it quite often in the 80's italian horror movies when they had British or American actors in the cast. I thought TWOTS2 had an oddball European feel to it so, to me, there's nothing wrong with typos.
to be honest I never even noticed typos, just the occasional comma missing or out of place. And even then it felt right for the kind of film it is

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ghouldetail said:
to be honest I never even noticed typos, just the occasional comma missing or out of place. And even then it felt right for the kind of film it is

:lol:

You forgot a period. :-D

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
I think I'll update this edit because of some typos errors.
The biggest one is Ian McDiarmind (in place of Ian McDiarmid)

F...!!!

^^That would be cool, especially this one if anything. Also, I think a line by Luke and R2 going to Hoth; "Do you want me to scan the area?" (I believe area was spelled "aera"). If not, no biggie. ;-)

Top Bottom