• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Walking Dead Apocalypse by g1orkatsos

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
%20hosting%20images][url=http://postimage.org/image/2ygugbchw/full/] [/url]
%20upload%20gif][url=http://postimage.org/image/bk24ldok/full/] [/url]

Original film name: The Walking Dead Season 1
Film studio name: AMC Studios
Film release date: 2011
Original runtime: 292 minutes
Fanedit name: The Walking Dead Apocalypse
Faneditor: G1orkatsos
Fanedit release date: September 5 2011
New runtime: 199 minutes
Amount of time cut/added: 93 minutes cut

INTENTION:
To take the Season 1 of the Walking Dead and create a more focused story centered more around Rick Grimes by removing all unnecessary subplots, delete various scenes increase the mystery and to make a more fast passed edit, but in the same time keeping the essence of Season 1.

EDIT DETAILS:
For now there is only an AVI version, but i would be more than happy to make a DVD version as well (well as soon as i figure how)

CUT LIST:
It's not everything but that is what i remember:
Episode 1
-Made new intro sequence
-Removed dialogue scene between Rick and Shane in the car
-Trimmed Rick waking up and walking in hospital
-Trimmed scenes in Morgan's house
-Deleted Rick hitting zombie with a bat outside house
-Trimmed shower scene at police station
-Deleted zombie cop outside police station
-Deleted Morgan trying to kill his zombie wife
-Deleted Rick trying to kill zombie with no legs
-Deleted scenes from camp. Now Rick simply just gets no answer
-Trimmed horse scene
Episode 2:
-Deleted all scenes from camp
-Trimmed dialog between Glenn and Rick
-Trimmed first encounter with Merle
-Deleted all useless Scenes and Dialogue of Merle
-Trimmed talk between Andrea and Rick
-Deleted scene about Rick and Andrea talking about Amy's gift
-Deleted looking at wallet of the zombie
-Deleted T-Dog making contact with camp
-Trimmed escape scene
Episode 3:
-Deleted scene of Merle alone in roof going crazy. it adds to the mystery of what happened to him
-Deleted scene between Shane, Lori and Carl
-Trimmed arrival scene
-The scenes of Lori's and Shane's sexual affair is shown as a flashback during the reunion scene while Lori looks at Shane
-Trimmed bed scene of Lori and Rick
-Trimmed wake up scene
-Trimmed preparations for Merle's rescue
-Deleted Lori and Carl scene
-Deleted Shane and Carl catching frogs (but kept the talk about Shane telling Lori rick is dead)
-Deleted women talking scene
-Deleted all Ed scenes
Episode 4:
-Deleted boat scene
-Deleted subplot of Jim digging holes and all references to that
-Trimmed old lady taking Rick to Hospital
-Deleted Andrea looking for gift paper
-Trimmed a lot of scene with people eating and talking at camp
-Ed during the zombie attack is no more than a random guy who was sleeping. you dont see his beat up face
Episode 5:
-Trimmed scene of Dale talking to Andrea
-Deleted Lori talking to Andrea
-Deleted Carol abusing Ed's body
-Trimmed Amy's resurrection scene
-Deleted funeral scene
-Trimmed Jim's goodbye scene
-Deleted first Jenner scene
Episode 6:
-Moved Shane trying to save Rick from Hospital and put it as a flashback after his attack on Lori
-Deleted elevator scene
-Trimmed dialogue afterwards
-Trimmed dinner scene
-Deleted shower scenes
-Deleted Andrea vomiting and her talk with Dale
-Deleted Carol with kids scene
-Deleted Rick and Lori bed scene
-Trimmed breakfast scene
-Trimmed dialogue during zombie's brain presentation
-Deleted Lori noticing the air condition is off scene
and more i cant remember right now

TECHNICAL INFO: 16:9
RELEASE INFORMATION: avi (for the moment)

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you want to review it for approval just PM me

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was hoping someone would do this. I love the series for what it is, but would be fun as a movie version. Your version is still quite long. I wonder if its possible to chop it down to about 2 hrs or less?

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I was hoping someone would do this. I love the series for what it is, but would be fun as a movie version. Your version is still quite long. I wonder if its possible to chop it down to about 2 hrs or less?
In my oppinion i dont thing it can be significantly chopped down because the producers crammed a lot in those 6 episodes. also i tried to left stuff that may not have great importance about season 1 but probably are going to be important in season 2 and beyond

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn, I was hoping I could bring this one to the table myself :) If this gets approved, I'm butting out :-D

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Damn, I was hoping I could bring this one to the table myself :) If this gets approved, I'm butting out :-D

no, you should keep at it. I still feel a shorter runtime is possible. And we encourage as many takes as possible (ummm, look at all the star wars edits :D ). There is a lot of material to work with here. Very different visions are possible.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmmm. Could be :) I'll have a look at the final product, and excise more if I feel it could be done. But I'm doing Family Guy first after Superman is done. I feel like laughing my ass off during editing for a month or so :) I'll take a look at this edit in the meantime :)

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
+1
But I only got as far as half-way through episode 2 before putting is aside. And that was months ago. :)

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
+1
But I only got as far as half-way through episode 2 before putting is aside. And that was months ago. :)
well it seems i had a longer attention span than you did lol. well it took me around a week to be exact

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no, you should keep at it. I still feel a shorter runtime is possible. And we encourage as many takes as possible (ummm, look at all the star wars edits ). There is a lot of material to work with here. Very different visions are possible.

this was on my to do list as well though i would have kept-ed it to the first few episodes and focus on Rick Grimes journey to be with his family

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
199 min movie :-o !

Keep cutting my friend, that is far too long. This can be taken down to 120-130 min. Start taking out events and even characters!

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
revel911 said:
199 min movie :-o !

Keep cutting my friend, that is far too long. This can be taken down to 120-130 min. Start taking out events and even characters!
ok, will try reduce the whole thing.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
ok, will try reduce the whole thing.
You should make the edit you want to make.

I have never seen a single episode of this show and I'm not saying if 199 minutes is too long or not...just make sure you cut it down because you want to do so, not because others want you to.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wait a sec...this was already submitted? Should this go back to IN-THE-WORKS instead?

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Wait a sec...this was already submitted? Should this go back to IN-THE-WORKS instead?
nope, i think it is ok as it is. actually there was that sopranos fanedit which was like 2 3hour movies, and it got approved. this my version, if it gets approved as it is fine. there are many possibilities for a fanedit with this series. let someone else try a shorter version
it may seem too long but i tried to keep stuff about characters that might be important about the series from season 2 and beyond.
this is more like a shorter, more fast paced season 1 with more emphasis on rick, with some fixes i wanted to do here and there

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just hope you didn't cut out a bunch of zombies. It is a character-driven show, yes, but you know the real reason we all watched it. (Zombies)

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't see how a 199 min movie is too long. As long as g1orkatsos is happy with it and did what he wanted to do with it. I've seen 90 minute movies that feel like 3 hours and 3 hour movies that feel like 90 minutes.

I'm sure this will be great as the series itself was very exciting. Focusing on Grimes is definitely the way to go!

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@addiesin
the only zombie kills i cut were
1)when rick goes after the zombie he saw while on the bike 2)and the zombie officer at the station.
there is still a lot of zombie killing that's for sure!

@musiced921
the only time we see the story shift a little bit to an another character is the whole thinh with
Andrea and her dead sister, which was trimmed quite though (and edited the resurrection scene a bit
as i felt it added to the emotional character driven nature of the show

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well as i saw in my RS account, this has been downloaded by a few people. Anyone kind enough to post a review?

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got this downloading right at this very moment. I'll try and have a review up by midweek. :)

Top Bottom