• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Walking Dead Apocalypse by g1orkatsos

TV's Frink said:
I have never seen a single episode of this show

Best show on telly for a long long while, the comic's are also absolutely amazing and makes the series pale in comparison.

It's in my netflix queue along with 400 other things. :-o

Aztek463 said:
I've got this downloading right at this very moment. I'll try and have a review up by midweek. :)
i would really appreciate that! :)

Looking forward to this edit, downloaded and will watch later tonight :)

i guess my attempt was forgotten ... :p btw if anyone decides to review it, now i am far away from my home pc ( i went for my university studies abroad) so any changes that might be needed will be nit possible until xmas ( all the project files are on my home pc, not on my laptop)

I am not able to download from the avi link provided. It says its an invalid torrent file. Any help? Another link?

g1orkatsos said:
i guess my attempt was forgotten ... :p

I plan on watching this fairly soon. You are not forgotten :)

Review of g1orkatsos' "Walking Dead Apocalypse"

Technical Quality: Video quality is nearly perfect. The only flaw I saw was during the fade to the flashbacks of Shane and Lori there was some pixilation errors. I hope this was due to this being an .avi release and it will look perfect on a DL DVD. Audio was great. 9/10
(As a note to the editor, at 3 hrs 19 mins this absolutely must be on a dual-layer disc.)

Editing quality: Overall the editing was excellent. It’s difficult to tell exactly where a lot of the cuts came in. The cutting between the end of episode 1 and the beginning of episode 2 was perfect. The transition from episode 4 to episode 5 was spectacular. The flashback scenes worked great (except for the video quality I noted above). The only edit I had a problem with was at the 2:52:31 mark. The music cuts out abruptly at the fade in to the next scene. Other than that, it was great! 9/10

Entertainment: I really enjoyed watching this. With Season 2 of The Walking Dead having just started I wanted to rewatch Season One and this was the greatest way to achieve that! Gone are most of the slow subplots and a lot of dialog that can drag it down. Now we can focus on Rick’s journey.

Specifically the choice to cut the scenes of the camp until Rick gets there was great. The moment with Rick reuniting with his wife and son was such an emotionally packed moment and you made it even better with the quick flashback cuts.

You streamlined everything so well without losing anything from the story or the characters. The plot remains intact and the audience still feels compassion for these characters.

In regards to the runtime, I for one felt fine with it. It’s a good watch for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Could it have been shorter? Sure. Did it need to be shorter? Not really.

Some may say that you could have cut more, but I understand how hard it would have been. For example, the main plot of episode 4 will most likely have no bearing on the rest of the series, but if you had tried to cut all of it, it would have looked choppy for sure.

Overall entertainment: 8/10

Presentation: N/A as this is just an .avi release.

Overall Rating: 8/10

approvedpl.png

Thanks for the approval man! It is really cool that you took the time to review my edit! thanks again!
The only flaw I saw was during the fade to the flashbacks of Shane and Lori there was some pixilation errors. I hope this was due to this being an .avi release and it will look perfect on a DL DVD
i was waiting for this to get approved before i tried to make a DVD version, and a dual-disc will be the best fit for it, so expect better quality there. i need to find a nice tutorial to do one now i guess :p

You are welcome my friend. And I feel ya on the DVD making part. I'm currently working out how to properly get my edit on a disc.

sooooooo, now what's gonna happen with my edit?

TV's Frink said:
reave doesn't do anything but complain.

And if nobody bothered him with their problems he couldn't complain. Then he would have nothing to do.

i PM L8.. now there is nothing else to do but wait :p Can anyone point a good tutorial for making a DVD or something? Everything i find online is reaaaally confusing. meanwhile i started working on a new fanedit. :p

Also pinnicle has a good dvd recorder available as well. I also watched the edit this morning and it was great,I am a big fan of the walking dead and I love the way the story was centered around Rick.

jamiemark said:
Will wait for a DVD version.
i will need to get the project files for this edit from my home pc first ( i am doing my university studies abroad at the moment ) and as soon as i do that i could re-render it and make a dvd version ( double dvd most likely. it is a long edit ) Be patient :)

Back
Top Bottom