• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

THE VAST OF NIGHT - A NOTFLIX SHORT EDIT

NOTFLIX

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi guys!

It's been a long time since the last time, but here I am again.
This is my new fan edit: THE VAST OF NIGHT - A NOTFLIX SHORT EDIT.

Listing:
Vast Of Night: A Notflix Short Edit (NSE), The

AM-JKLUiYeAfpEh1WSPHnVVClGqGZr8LSoKlRLMGC45ka1n8mY-MfAYbbiGV4ISxrFkLpyZlqJZt-gyCr7NqDNZmbpfvEj9DjsgOOFmsGqniY8q1Rpke31zCVcPr0w8n_GTOcMelE6b1VgqL_V6mcyj-1pX3=w637-h937-no

Let's get to the point:

Edit: Movie to episode
Runtime: 54 min 40 s
PG: TV-14
Quality: 1080p
Language: English (Stereo)
Subtitles: No

Synopsis:
In the twilight of the 1950s, on one fateful night in New Mexico, young switchboard operator Fay and charismatic radio DJ Everett discover a strange audio frequency that will change their lives forever.

Movie info:
The Vast of Night was a 2019 American science fiction mystery film (a dialogue heavy one) directed by Andrew Patterson and co-produced and written by Patterson (under the pseudonym James Montague), loosely based on the Kecksburg incident and Foss Lake disappearances. The movie premiered at the Slamdance Film Festival in 2019. Then, Amazon Studios acquired distribution rights to the film.

Intention:
The film was too long and dull, although interesting, so it's shorter now, like an episode of an old mystery TV show.

Original source material:
– The Vast of Night (2019) (an Amazon Prime Original)
– The Planets, op. 32: VII. Neptune, the Mystic’ by Gustav Holst (1914)

Fan edit changes:
– Trimmed almost a third of the unessential footage to remove filler scenes and going to the point.
– Visually enhanced to achieve a more intense colors and deeper blacks.
– Reordered a lot of scenes.
– Divided the film into chapters.
– Edited sound and music.
- Added ‘The Planets, op. 32: VII. Neptune, the Mystic’ by Gustav Holst (1914) to the old lady scene.

Trailer:

----- THE VAST OF NIGHT - A NOTFLIX SHORT EDIT is already available. Register on my website to know more ------
And the way to stay updated on incoming edits is to subscribe to my YouTube channel 🔔

Last edited:

NOTFLIX

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@NOTFLIX Great film but where did you buy the source from? I thought this was an Amazon Prime streaming only thing?
Indeed, only those of us who have Prime can see it. As far as I know the film does not exist in a physical format.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just looked and it indeed is a subscription access only production. Unfortunately, this would violate our own the source rule. As such this project is not allowed at FE.org. Please PM staff with any questions regarding the Own the Source rule.

Thread closed.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With the new OTS Streaming adjustment , this project is now able to go forward.

Thread restored.

NOTFLIX

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is already available. You know the way. ;)

Top Bottom