• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

John Rigdon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm fairly new to this fan edit site but I love movies have done all my life so how does this work

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fan watches movie --> says to himself, "Hmm, this could be better" or "Hey, it would be interesting to see this movie play out like such-and-such" --> Fan edits movie --> Puts on site --> People watch edit --> Discussion occurs.

In other words, welcome to the site. Tell us what you like and dislike about movies. Try your hand at an edit, read up on the technical forums, ask yourself if there's a movie you wish had done _____ but didn't. Then make it happen. And let us see it. :)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
We have a FAQ, you know ;) And welcome :)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What the heck, thread title changed.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
What the heck, thread title changed.
33813d1328041787-how-do-cables-become-noisy-almost-overnight-its_magic.jpg

SRA

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi All!

Another newbie here. I thought I'd write my first post in this group as no doubt its the best place to start.

Firstly, I must say that this website is insane. I've hoped to see so many of these cuts that you talented people have made! Truly amazing to see / discuss them with you all.

On a personal level, I work in production (both TV and Film) in the UK. I am a huge believer that this sector has been untapped (as in addressing the demand for various cuts to be released to the fans). Hopefully one day we will start to see a movement towards this (branching options on home media for example - it can be done so why not more of it!?).

Anyways, I've read the FAQ but still a little unsure of how to watch these edits. I have PM'd various editors/ contributors but I've not had much luck. If someone doesn't mind dropping me a message I'd appreciate it!

All the best guys!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First off, thread has been stuck.

Now then...welcome to the site. I'm a bit confused by your post, given that you said you watched the Titanic White Star edit. At any rate, did you read "how to use this site"?

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/content.php?610-using-this-site

It should tell you what you need to know as far as finding the edits. For help with actually watching once you've downloaded, you can browse the tech forum and post there if you still need help.

urbanforces

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hello, i posted a message to another thread complaining about the lack of an obvious welcome thread. never mind. anyway, this a great site, one of the few out there where you can re-write history with a computer without having to worry about the consequences. i'm currently working on a re-edit of 'drive' which deletes carrie mulligan from the picture completely and replaces some of the more annoying music tracks. it's a tight, brutal edit that proves said actress/character should not have been in the film at all. i'm also working on a chronological version of 'go', including deleted scenes from the dvd. i've been editing videos for about 15 years, as well as filming and editing my own documentaries, promos, adverts, music videos and celebrity interviews, as well as sound recording and editing for several films. i'm using a mac with final cut pro and sound forge and reason for home made effects and music. any questions, feel free to ask. cheers.

TheFoo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been lurking around here for a long time, but I figured it was time say hello, and thank you to the faneditors for the great work that they do. Most of the edits that I have viewed have been marked improvements over the originals! I hope this site stays around for a long time to come.

TB5918

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another longtime fan, finally popping on to the forum. I saw this thread and wanted to echo what the others above had said. Thanks to all you folks who make a lot of movies way more watchable. Your efforts are much appreciated!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome aboard. Enjoy your flight.

Top Bottom