• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

Whats going on everyone! Been lurking for awhile but just wanted to introduce myself, You can call me Punky! I love watching fanedits, especially horror and action ones. My favorite genres are horror, action, and kaiju. My favorite fanedits i've watch so far are Godzilla vs. The World and the B+ Movie Cut of Jason and the Argonauts. My favorite horror movie is the original Dawn of the Dead. I post art from time to time on my instagram: punkymonsterart. Thats all I have to say I guess 😅

Whats going on everyone! Been lurking for awhile but just wanted to introduce myself, You can call me Punky! I love watching fanedits, especially horror and action ones. My favorite genres are horror, action, and kaiju. My favorite fanedits i've watch so far are Godzilla vs. The World and the B+ Movie Cut of Jason and the Argonauts. My favorite horror movie is the original Dawn of the Dead. I post art from time to time on my instagram: punkymonsterart. Thats all I have to say I guess 😅
Welcome! Glad to have you! I would start by reading the rules of the forum which can be found here

After that, have a blast exploring and learning what this fascinating world has to offer.

Hello Hello, I’ve had this account for a while now but never really spent much time around the forums. I’m quite fascinated by the idea of fanedits and the effort that goes into them, though I must confess to having not seen all that many of them.
I’m not very good at introducing myself (or communication in general to be honest) but uh, I think that’s covers it.

Hello, all. I've mostly lurked in the Star Wars OT forums over the past decade, chasing what used to be the elusive theatrical edition. Lately, interest in better versions of the SW PT (particularly EP I) has led me here. Now, I'm caught up in browsing through all of the interesting edits that people have released. There are some exciting projects out there. Looking forward to reading more. Big thanks to MCP for assistance registering.

Hello there!

I'm Eyepainter, and I've been doing fan editing for the last two years (Mainly the Star Wars franchise). I've been excited to submit my very own fan edits here, but because I'm short a requirement or two (mainly because I know nothing about cover artwork), I haven't been able to do so yet! Hopefully, my time on these forums will be fruitful, productive, and fun!

I'm running out of things to say (but it sounds like that's common in this thread), so I'll close out this post with this: I'm happy to be on board, and I look forward to seeing what's around on this site! Thanks for having me, and I'll see you around the forums! :D

Hello there!

I'm Eyepainter, and I've been doing fan editing for the last two years (Mainly the Star Wars franchise). I've been excited to submit my very own fan edits here, but because I'm short a requirement or two (mainly because I know nothing about cover artwork), I haven't been able to do so yet! Hopefully, my time on these forums will be fruitful, productive, and fun!

I'm running out of things to say (but it sounds like that's common in this thread), so I'll close out this post with this: I'm happy to be on board, and I look forward to seeing what's around on this site! Thanks for having me, and I'll see you around the forums! :D
Welcome. There's no requirement other than just having a cover art. That can be as simple as text on a black background. I'm confident that you could figure it out and receive help on creating something fairly quickly. There are lots of free image editors out there and plenty of people here to help you if you'd like to submit your work.

Just found out about this site and decided to join, I have been doing minor fan edits for a while before I found out they were a thing.
Some that I have done:
Fixed the missing sound effects in the Rankin Bass "The Hobbit" before I found out someone else already had.
Edited Raiders of the lost are without indiana jones in it. it's 18:30 long and actually makes sense.
Fixed a line in the star wars cops parody that always bugged me.
did an intro for the Star trek episode Arena in the style of Space 1999 titles (on youtube).
fixed a minor error in Star Trek Assignment earth (youtube).
Removed some BS from Free Guy
Did an opening scene for Star Wars in the style of Top Gun.
added the reimagined darth vader obi wan kenobi fight from FXitinPost to the de-specialized Star Wars but I edited some of the fight out.
Re-did the Scary Mary Trailer by Chris Rule in HD (on youtube).
Fixed two parts of The old Rankin Bass A year without a santa clause to make more sense (on youtube).
Added a Rankin Bass inspired title (on youtube) to a Fan Edit of There and back again (that someone else did)

Hey there! I’m just a person who really really enjoys movies, and I really want to make my own someday. Sadly, I’m not currently in a position where I can edit, nor do I have much experience in editing (although I do have some ideas for a Book of Boba Fett edit that I’d really like to see come to fruition if anyone wants to hear me ramble about those), so for now I’m just here to watch other people’s edits, learn more about movies and editing in general, and maybe even provide some help or constructive where I can. For now though, it’s great to be here, and I hope I can stick around for a while!

Edited Raiders of the lost are without indiana jones in it. it's 18:30 long and actually makes sense.
This was a fun proof of concept to show how the story plays out without Indy and you did a good job with audio and video transitions, but unfortunately there were a couple of odd cuts due to limited footage available (like when the SS guy comes into the tent as Marion is trying to escape and when the priest first opens the arc to find dust). Still, I really enjoyed it!

Thank you. Yes some of it is awkward and I would like to have found a way to make it more clear that after they find the ark (and strange things start to happen) that they can be attributed to the ark being disturbed, and the part where they pull that ark out of the well of souls is a bit awkward. I did try to remove the clothes hanger gag and make it look like it really is an implement of torture.

then there was the issue of erasing indy and marion at the end since they play no part and just are there. I used Magix vegas 18 to edit the video and it's abilities in that area are limited.

Hello there!

I’m new to this but would be very curious to see how you edited some of the new Star Wars because it seems like there was so much contradiction and random motivations and would love to see how someone might go about untangling that knot. How would I see your work?

Hello and Greetings, long time lurker and fan of movies. In particular horror flicks and all things 80s. Happy to be here with other like-minded individuals.

I’m new to this but would be very curious to see how you edited some of the new Star Wars because it seems like there was so much contradiction and random motivations and would love to see how someone might go about untangling that knot. How would I see your work?

I'm reluctant to respond to this, since I'm still new to this site, yet I also don't want to come across as some prudish jerk, but it's stated very clearly (on the top of the forum page, mind you), that we are not to ask for fanedit links publicly. I'm not sure how much of this forum counts as "public", so rather than respond, I recommend you read the FAQ and Rules pages instead for answers.

Hello Everyone!
Been a lurker for a while now.
Always been doing video edits of some sort for a long time.
After now just completing my own for the first time, I'm completely hooked.
I can easily see how this becomes such a captivating hobby, especially getting to show your work off to friends and family.
Expect to see me around much more, thanks for having me team.

Hello everyone! Just set up my account and thought this should be the first place I should post. I'm just a movie fan who enjoys different takes on the artform, along with listening to editors talk about their craft. Thought everyone here was pretty chill so i decided to join. Thanks for having me.

Fairly new to fanedit and so far been loving it. Wished I owned more movies cause a lot of edits I wanna see ill be missing content. Other then that I've seen some really sweet cuts of some of my favorite movies. One movie has been a family thing and the edit we watched here has become my daughter's favorite version lol. Really have had a great time enjoying these cuts.

Hi! Newbie here, though no to fanedits I saw The Phantom Edit and In Thy Image (the edit of ST V as an episode) back in the day, and I have watched some fanedits over the years, but it has been during the lockdown that I have started to watch fanedits with regularity.

Back
Top Bottom