• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

Honestly this site and the rules are a bit intimidating. I have lurked around, but never contributed (as is my fashion). But now that I am creating something I would like to share, after watching so many fine creation over the past year, I see all the rules about needing to be an active member in the community and have a 30 day old account with the website. While I have lurked around, I never made an account. I usually use reddit as my forum tool, there are just more people on it and it's more active. But now I fear my non-social behavior may result in I not being able to share my project with anyone. I just hope these facts don't weigh to heavily on the Academy Member judging my work, and that it can succeed more on it's own merit rather than based on the interpersonal relationships I haven't made online.
30 days will disappear in no time, which for you was yesterday. ;)

Hi there! After being introduced to Maple's edit of The Hobbit last year, and the 4k77 remaster project of old film scans of Star Wars, I finally learnt about this forum, and oh my, how cool projects I've seen here while going through the lists! Looking forward to watch some watch some great fanedits in the coming months!

This is internet at it's best!

ive been a fan of the site for many years
i finally made an account to share amazing fanedits made by my friends over the years which i believe deserve to have more people seeing them than just i

Not new to the site. I was on here several years back, when I was just getting interested in editing. My computer broke and I never really replaced it. I just kind of drifted away from the site. I still have a great interest in seeing projects as they develop on this site. I always thought about edits and editing, always wanting to come back someday, so here I am again.

Hello! I'm not the best with introductions, so I'll just say that I've gotten into fan edits in the past couple years, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what people have made, and maybe even making some of my own in time.
I'm a little intimidated and unsure of where to start posting and getting involved, so if you have any suggestions for where to start, I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hello. thegregster101 here.
I lost access to my old email. So this is my new account.
I plan on releasing my first fan edit very soon. Can I also just say what a great site this is!

Hello. thegregster101 here.
I lost access to my old email. So this is my new account.
I plan on releasing my first fan edit very soon. Can I also just say what a great site this is!
You could have emailed us and we could have helped recover your account. Regardless, your new account has been merged into your old one.

Heyo everyone. I've been lurking around these forums for a bit, but I've been following the fan-edit community for a long while and really enjoyed some of the ones I've seen over the years, especially ones that reinterpret a movie's structure or change the tone altogether. I've done some small editing myself, but nothing compared to this scale, so some of you guys' work also serves as a learning curve for me. Can't wait to see what new stuff you have cooking. 😁

Back
Top Bottom