• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

I'm not new to fanedits but want to participate more actively and provide feedback/help support the community. I love Star Trek edits and lots of others. It really sucks what the guv'met forced this site to do but we shall overcome (queue music). Thanks for all the edits and all you guys who support this site. I'm hoping to join your ranks :) -Wolf359

Welcome to the site! I hope you keep enjoying fanedits. :)

Thanks very much Neglify! I'll post the titles I have and hope someone helps me with Star Trek Antithesis (2010) - deLimited Productions Fanedit

Oh, for that one, you sign up at www.digital-fanedits.com. Register yourself as a member, introduce yourself over there, get friendly. They'll help you out. That edit is exclusive to DFE.

Hello everyone, it took me some time to decide to become an active member... but here I am now, a little bit confused tho (still trying to figure out what the best Star Wars and Lord of the Rings edit is).

CARZ said:
Hello everyone, it took me some time to decide to become an active member... but here I am now, a little bit confused tho (still trying to figure out what the best Star Wars and Lord of the Rings edit is).

Welcome to the boards. The best way to figure out is to read up on them over at IFDB and then watch the ones that sound closest to what you're long for.

Sent from my Swatch Phone using Tapatalk.

Hello, I'm new here. I found this site as a result of another fanediting website (Digital Fan-Edits). I am amazed at the number of fanedits that are listed here! I look forward to checking them out and hope to find a place that is kinder to new members.

welcome, Kalbo!! I think you'll find it's pretty friendly around these parts. Enjoy your stay!!

Kalbo said:
Hello, I'm new here. I found this site as a result of another fanediting website (Digital Fan-Edits). I am amazed at the number of fanedits that are listed here! I look forward to checking them out and hope to find a place that is kinder to new members.

Oh those guys, yes you'll find your stay here to be much more relaxed and friendly.

Welcome! We do tend to be a friendly bunch. Best advice is just make sure you read through and understand the rules of the site. As long as you adhere to those, and don't consistently break them, you'll be fine here.

I had a run in with that site a year or two ago too. I said something, I don't remember specifically what, and they banned me. Their elitist trigger fingers might explain why their site, at least back then, had very little activity.

Anyway, welcome!

I should probably just hold my tongue, although I'm sure you've heard awful things about me there. I can assure you they're all true. ;)

In IFDB you can do advanced searches. I'm pretty sure you can search "Release Information" to find BD25s, AVCHDs, MKVs and MP4s.

Note to self: I should make a thread that keeps track of all the HD edits.

Greetings all, my name is Ninjaofginger.

Upon first reading about fan-edited versions of many movies I've rated as "good, but a bit far off the mark of being great", I immediately had to look further.

My own dabbling into "fan editing" (if you can call it that - this was long before I even knew about "fan edits") was an attempt to take segments of Red Dwarf's first two seasons (including deleted scenes) and put them together to create one long movie-length video. I must say though, the result wasn't perfect, and I have lost all the video files since. I'm keen to work on something more elaborate in the near future.

I am also an experienced music and film reviewer, having written for numerous fanzines and publications over the last few years. I'll be keen make contributions to fan-edit reviews.

Oh, and as my handle suggests, I am a ginger, but also the worst offender of ginger jokes!

Back
Top Bottom