• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Ugly West

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Should be working now...

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is now available again, at usenet.
DVD9.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
too busy this week for a right, proper viewing of the two main courses. but i did watch the blueyoda vid, and it's f*cking cool.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
too busy this week for a right, proper viewing of the two main courses. but i did watch the blueyoda vid, and it's f*cking cool.

CIMEBOAT

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pardon me shouting but to have my favorite type of movie ( spaghetti westerns) more enhanced is AWESOME, thanks much for what is obviously very time consuming and of great effort!! :p

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CIMEBOAT said:
Pardon me shouting but to have my favorite type of movie ( spaghetti westerns) more enhanced is AWESOME, thanks much for what is obviously very time consuming and of great effort!! :p

Thanks! I'm sure Boon appreciates too.
(He does not post often anymore but I know he's lurking. ;) )

Dustin6595

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there any other way to download this other than by using an nzb

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there any other way to read the rules besides my linking to them?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry, I'm grouchy tonight. If you can't figure out where to look, you can always PM TMBTM.

Dustin6595

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry, I'm new to the site, but thanks for the suggestion.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This fanedit is now available at rapidshare.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, here's the review by Leeroy for my Harmonica edit (part of the Ugly West fanedit) that he jus posted at IMDB.
I wanna tank him for watching and reviewing the edit and I'll answer his questions after:

First up was Harmonica a very shortened version of Once Upon A Time in the West though its core story line is very much intact. I have to be honest and say the musical changes made weren't to my taste neither the more dance/remix version of Ennio Morricone score I didn't like nor the inclusion of the music used in Kill Bill. I can understand the idea as Tarantino himself used the music of Ennio Morricone within his two Kill Bill films, but I just feel this music is so inferior to the original it took away from the final epic confrontation between Harmonica and Frank.*

Another problem I had with the edit was just how did Harmonica get off the train? Last we saw of him was tied up on the train, next we see of him bidding on the McBain property. Apologizes to the editor if I missed something but I didn't fully understand what had just happened. At first I thought Harmonica was in cahoots with Morton, when the large amount of money was taken out of the drawer but then this would totally go against the character of Harmonica who has his own agenda. During the bidding we flashback to the train in which the Morton hands out $500 to his men to bid on the property though the men at the bidding are completely different. Again apologizes if I missed something but looking at the deleted scenes I couldn't help but think that the character of Cheyenne should have been included. It would have given the edit a longer run time that I felt it deserved but I also feel the character of Harmonica needed someone to play off as his agenda is with Frank and not with Jill McBain.*

Overall I felt this was a solid but unspectacular edit compared to TMBTM previous efforts; 7/10.*

Here's what is my take on my Harmonica's edit:

Morton wants Frank dead, because he knows one day or another Frank will kill him. So he is helping Harmonica, giving him money, during the train sequence.
The fact of removing Cheyenne during the whole movie had one big problem: it was Cheyenne who saved Harmonica's ass in the train. I had to find a way to get Harmonica out of this train.
And Morton helping Harmonica was the only way. I thought the smile on Harmonica's face when Morton is showing the money was enough for the audience to understand.
Later we see Harmonica deciding to use this money to win the auction in the only purpose to get Frank pissed off and meet him.
While the auction takes place, we see Morton "buying" Frank's men on the train to turn them against him. This is not a flashback it happens at the same time.
Morton giving them 500 dollars is only a "transition method" to go from one scene to another. Those are not the same 500 dollars. I understand it can be confuzing though.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks for clearing that up TMBTM i have recently saw once upon a time in the west so the film is still very much familiar to me

i got the impression that morton was giving money to the harmonica and when the biding on the property begun i knew what was going to occur (harmonica coming down the stairs) what threw me off was the scene in which we see morton giving the money to franks men. without this scene it could have played out that it's franks men bidding $500 and then harmonica comes along with $5000 given to him by morton in order to get one over frank.

i read this as a flashback scene because the men are bidding $500 on the property and we see morton giving $500 those on the train

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Ugly West, DVD9 version is now available at Mega.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Harmonica (the first fanedit of this project) is now on Vimeo.
Check my blog for more.

The second fanedit, called Two Glorious Bastards (made by CBB) should be on Vimeo next week.
Stay tuned.

The DVD9 with the two fanedits + bonus should still be available too.

Top Bottom