• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A nearby Comic Con this fall apparently is scheduled to have Jim Steranko as a guest. JIM STERANKO! Holy shit. It’s several months away, but holy shit.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some ancient comics:
Adventures of Mr. Obadiah Oldbuck (1842):
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=73110
2.jpg

London out of Town(1847):
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=75139
1.jpg

Comical Adventures of Beau Ogleby (1854):
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=71798
5.jpg

I edited this post to remove the part where I mentioned my interests. I hope that is okay, thank you.  :)

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
9lWiNP8.jpg

Did this the other day, just playing around with a Kirby-ish symbol, just adding dimension and Krackle to the design he did before DC had Murphy Anderson redraw parts of his Superman’s Pal, Jimmy Olsen issues.

kirbysketch.gif

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got an A on this photography project. Professor is now asking if I’ve considered a minor in photography. Much to think on.

wcWIErk.jpg
kF2mRVd.jpg
Up3FZiZ.jpg
tRUnSf8.jpg

Shot on Kodak TMAX 400 35mm film, printed at 8 x 9.5 on Ilford multigrade De Luxe paper.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I believe I'm going to be doing a photography project soon for an art class. I will update when something comes of it.
Also, in my art class I made a ceramic Robotech Defense Force logo, which I will post once it is fired. I only finished glazing it the other day.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also, Coffee's photography is awesome as always.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gothic-dystopian-postapocalyptic-surreal-paintings-zdzisław-beksinski-24.jpg

I've fallen in love with this painting by Zdzisław Beksiński.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recently discovered Beksiński. I need to delve into his work more deeply.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wwz4k3K.jpg

God I love Jerry Ordway. Went to the shop to grab this book today, unfortunately they didn’t have this variant cover (or the main cover, which is an also awesome piece by Alex Ross)

Dkj87VL.jpg

and only had this variant by Gabriele Dell’Otto, which is okay I guess, just not what I wanted.

SYXif7e.jpg

Anyway, interior art by Ordway, so fans of the Ordster, heads up: this is available now.

(Also, coming next month from this “Snapshots” line, there’s a Marvels Snapshots: X-Men book that’s the first Marvel gig for writer Jay Edidin, an internet friend/mentor/hero of mine, so maybe check that out too.)

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd forgotten how excellent the art of John Jude Palencar is.

215d635fb267d2f424d66382ee1d140a.jpg

ce16f2861ea0986f2f37eac9129bf13a.jpg

18c522ca6ad473b90587f2e262591df7.jpg

602ad1ad4aa61ea5e2918ecb8126cc36.jpg
octavia.jpg
0b59318b6dab545f94298ccf219f75b4--skull-and-bones-halloween-art.jpg

0_88741_5f7d8105_orig

188885.jpg
f3deee34a1cebf34f226ecaa34793839.jpg

737792ec8a6048d79dd63990ab2f9807.jpg

acca06dc34b523c08d2319d71de10102.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry for making this post, I didn't mean anything by it, I was trying to share my own interests.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy 71st birthday to José Luis García-López, praise be his name.

vHPHCLl.jpg
cBh6kbq.jpg

(Fun fact about this one: this figure from some version of Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe is his only published Marvel work)
hlOSo47.jpg
Xr0SVFl.jpg
MnJHHO1.jpg
g2HoddJ.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jor-El & Lara-Van (Universe 1)

ddv1miu-16f25863-1e09-41cb-bfc1-f23e3cbf3dca.png

Due to convergent evolution, Kryptonians were near-exact genetic duplicates of Terran humans. Owing to the greater age of their race, however, Kryptonians were further along the evolutionary path; they lacked the body hair of their Terran cousins, and their physiques were more robust, with a powerful immune system and healing factor enabling an average lifespan exceeding 200 years.

Kryptonian society was completely egalitarian. Sons were born into the houses of their fathers, daughters into the houses of their mothers. Though a sexual race, Kryptonians relied on artificial "birthing matrices" to reproduce; natural gestation/birth was considered an inefficient, barbaric practice and was almost unheard of by the time of their demise.

Genetically bound to their planet, the population of Krypton could not relocate en masse to Earth in the face of their world's destruction. Instead, they created 144,000 genetically modified embryoes, tailored to enhance their resemblance to Terrans and grant them abilities which would make them living gods on Earth. Of these 144,000 "new" Kryptonians, only a handful survived to make it to their new colony and grow to maturity. Among them was Kal-El, biological son of Jor-El and his wife, Lara-Van.

Spider-Man: Universe Two (WIP)

spider_man__universe_two__wip__by_duracellenergizer_ddv1myy-fullview.jpg

I plan on making this similar to my earlier Superman piece, with images of people and events from Pete's life in the background.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some older collages I've never shared before, mostly because they were mostly NSFW and it took me this long to sanitize them for mass consumption.

Beat the Devil Out of It (SFW Edition)

YvRPpkd.jpg

Green House (SFW Edition)

4KnzBXI.jpg

Harmless or Toxic? (SFW Edition)

gqiZUhx.jpg

Just what is it that makes yesterday's memes so different, so appealing? (SFW Edition)

zlh9rsT.png

Narcissus (SFW Edition)

QHSGrGe.jpg

Naughty 'n' Breaker Go to Heck (SFW Edition)

J8tADBg.jpg

The Road to Anal

d30f4vb-f6391407-3eed-4111-9ec0-b175f2e0d329.jpg

Make the Road to Anal Great Again (SFW Edition)

NM6IY6u.jpg

Sincerity, Sympathy, Urgency, and Frustration (SFW Edition)

QJ5YSwg.jpg

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Miscellaneous drawings of late.

A moment from The Wrath of Khan
UScTXyJ.jpg

The main trio of Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken in a (poor attempt at a) Kirby-esque corridor.
P8hUcUn.jpg

Thor, from Walter Simonson’s Ragnarök comic (not Marvel).
6vTv4az.jpg

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jOUUKCK.png

So out of complete nowhere, I had the idea "Kyle Maclachlan playing Megaman in a 90s Megaman movie"
I went for a low effort experiment, I just wanted to see it, I didn't want to put effort into it. I traced over a picture of Dale Cooper giving a thumbs up. It looks horrible and I love it.

Top Bottom