• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On Twitter, someone suggested I draw Michael Myers stabbing Michael Myers. 

0209191736c.jpg

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^  Looks great!  I've been making some Doctor Who Sims, a sort of sculpting in itself.

DeOz9Mi.png

PBc0DIC.png

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need people to name some characters from things. Your favorite character from a movie, your own original character, a random obscure superhero, anything. 
I'd prefer if they were human or at least humanoid in shape. 

I used to spend full days just making characters in Soul Calibur 5's character creation. Now I have Soul Calibur 6, and I want to get back into making characters, but I'm at a loss for who, and I'd like some help jogging ideas. And yes, I consider this art.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I need people to name some characters from things. Your favorite character from a movie, your own original character, a random obscure superhero, anything.

Castor Troy from Face/Off; Arthur Molenarr, the God-Prisoner of Hypertime; Stardust the Super Wizard.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I should give some extra criteria. The person has to have a notable feature other than their face, as faces are limited. So sadly, I can't capture any sort of Nicolas Cage. 
And as far as original characters, I'd also need a physical description or a picture for reference.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I should give some extra criteria. The person has to have a notable feature other than their face, as faces are limited. So sadly, I can't capture any sort of Nicolas Cage. 
And as far as original characters, I'd also need a physical description or a picture for reference.

Klaus Nomi, singer

Conrad Veidt, actor, specifically his characters in The Man Who Laughs and The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari

Pirate Einstein, original character. It's Einstein, but he's a pirate.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pirate Einstein is a winner.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I absolutely adore Salvador Dali. He was my gateway drug into the Stupendous Sphere of Surrealism.

sleep.jpg

the-great-masturbator.jpg

9f6b79cb19e42828d9d45bef31abd476.jpg

CwEtf-8UEAENvJa.jpg

Dfuuse-XcAA7UhD.jpg

salvadordalc3ad-self-portraitmao-marilyn.jpg

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Same here 100%. I love Dali's works.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah. Stop being so down on yourself all the time.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Yeah. Stop being so down on yourself all the time.

But ironic detachment protects me from negative reaction to my work.  Also, I can't stop myself at this point.

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
rotate your pictures for an automatic 10% boost.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I post my pictures on mobile, and they turn out fine. 

I used to have this problem on one website, so I took to cropping all my photos into a square so that the site wouldn't rotate them. Of course that doesn't always help, but you could add borders to make it a square.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I post my pictures on mobile, and they turn out fine. 

I used to have this problem on one website, so I took to cropping all my photos into a square so that the site wouldn't rotate them. Of course that doesn't always help, but you could add borders to make it a square.

The issue isn't posting from mobile, it's that they show up normal on my end, but when on desktop they're sideways.  The fault is of the link I used (I share with friends on Discord and then just grab the link from that post).

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Something dumb I whipped up last night:

fezes_by_duracellenergizer_dczgaz6-fullview.jpg

A vision better in theory than in practice.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's strange, because I'm on mobile and the pic still looks sideways, and it's only your pics. And I also post all of mine from Discord.

Top Bottom