• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I see Duragizer liked my post, and I feel guilty, I forgot to comment on your Supergirl.
I really like it, for the most part. The face reminds me too much of someone, but other than that, I really dig it. Your collages are also really neat.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
image.jpg

Did this while the football thing was on and I didn't care to pay attention.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I see Duragizer liked my post, and I feel guilty, I forgot to comment on your Supergirl.
I really like it, for the most part. The face reminds me too much of someone, but other than that, I really dig it.

I get a Laurie Holden vibe from the face myself, though I didn't use her as a reference.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know what it is, but all I see is a mix of Hillary Clinton and Scarlett Johansson in that face. It's not a bad face, just upon seeing that, I couldn't unsee it, and it just looks slightly out of place. That's just my personal viewing of it, don't take it as a criticism.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I don't know what it is, but all I see is a mix of Hillary Clinton and Scarlett Johansson in that face.

That's funny, 'cause before fixing it (for the final time), she looked EXACTLY like Johansson.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So here's the finished version of Supergirl (Earth 1938):

earth_356_supergirl_by_duracellenergizer_dcyuqnf-fullview.jpg

I had some reservations about giving her blue lipstick, but what the hell — it goes with her eyes and costume.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really dig the color choices. I mean, obviously the suit is blue, but the specific dark shade is nice, as with the black in the emblem and whatnot. I was going to mention the face looking flat, but then I zoomed in, and realized that there's a certain look to the face reminiscent older comics, and I dig it. All is very nice.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer, you should try doing art stuff more often (you mentioned that being the first since 2017).  You are quite good at it!

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I really dig the color choices. I mean, obviously the suit is blue, but the specific dark shade is nice, as with the black in the emblem and whatnot.

I took a lot of inspiration from the Fleischer Superman costume.

[img=304x228]https://i1.wp.com/www.supermanhomep...ent/uploads/2018/03/Fleischer.jpg?ssl=1[/img]

I was going to mention the face looking flat, but then I zoomed in, and realized that there's a certain look to the face reminiscent older comics, and I dig it.

Yeah, I'm certainly going for a pre-digital gradient look.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Duragizer, you should try doing art stuff more often (you mentioned that being the first since 2017).  You are quite good at it!

I really should. But I get incredibly frustrated when I can't bring a vision in my head to proper life, then I throw up my hands and quit.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I understand.  That often keeps me from doing much of anything.  It's a terrible mindset to get into.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMG_20190131_225229.jpg

Here is the Hypnoglyph, a monster I designed on Thursday that I forgot to share here. Drew it whilst watching Mama Mia for the first time.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really awesome drawing, face is a bit off to me. 

I sorta drew Wonder Woman the other day, except I drew a certain anime character dressed up as Wonder Woman because someone suggested it on Twitter.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have some drawings I’d like to share. Most are drawn as if they were movie posters:

My Planned Superman Returns Edit

lNKNYXU.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

UafcHxa.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask

jLaE6GJ.jpg

Anju & Kafei

KsxbeSV.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

51Y2fFm.jpg

This one I’d like to explain. I know I butchered the logo this time. That aside, the reason this poster has characters like Impa, Sheik and GanonDORF (instead of Ganon the Pig) and characters like Link looks different is because I made this poster (or rather a “mock” poster) for the ALttP fan film I’m working on. Link here was based more on my friend Emir who will play him.

The Goth Family from The Sims

onfy4mZ.jpg

This one is also a real film I’m planning to make.

The Sims 2 (for PSP)

mCDNNkQ.jpg

This one was a dream of mine to make a Hollywood movie when I was a kid.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Nice work! 

To everyone on this page: "Draw, Antonio! Draw, draw and don't waste time"  :)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need suggestions for stuff to draw.

Top Bottom