• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pity. Love his work. His art for Crisis on Infinite Earths led me to believe that POS was good for a long time.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I slung some more ink on this piece, for better or worse.

IMG-5671.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^/^^ Both of those are tip top! Great work both of you.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks! Just felt like doodling a classic Megaman. I also did a Protoman, but it's not as good as the old drawings I used to do of him. I need to get into drawing more.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wish I hadn't lost all the drawings I made in my youth — my kindergarten ones, especially. They were crude, yes, but oh so very imaginative. There's one in particular I remember validly: the Grim Reaper, scythe in hand, standing over a human skeleton, on a small barren island, in an ocean of yellow acid. I could attempt a recreation, but it wouldn't have the same verve.  :(

I also wish I hadn't tossed out most of the collages I've been making since 2005. Yes, I was running out of room for them, but I should've scanned copies of them all first; I didn't with many.  :mad:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We put everything in storage in preparation for an eventual move (we've since moved), and I wasn't home when the others started packing things up. I came home to my sister telling me that she threw away all of my drawings. At least the best ones I took my own photos of, but still, they would be nice to have.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had another blank comic box that I decided to draw on, this time with Marvel heroes.  Trouble is, I didn't have any image in mind really and just started adding characters wherever.  Needless to say, the composition is bad and now I don't know how to add other characters I want to include without just making it an ugly clusterfuck.

IMG-5831.jpg

Also, Spider-webbing is just so damn hard to draw innit.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Draw Lockjaw sprawled out on the ground, behind Spiderman, but in front of the other three. Then draw Hulk in the background in the top left. Really any animal could work in the midground portion, as any tall or flying character can work in the top left portion. But I wouldn't add more than that.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
I had another blank comic box that I decided to draw on, this time with Marvel heroes.  Trouble is, I didn't have any image in mind really and just started adding characters wherever.  Needless to say, the composition is bad and now I don't know how to add other characters I want to include without just making it an ugly clusterfuck.

IMG-5831.jpg

Also, Spider-webbing is just so damn hard to draw innit.

Much improved body proportions. Good job, even if you're not happy with it. 

If you want suggestions for further character placement:
Kneeling Black Widow, guns drawn or batons held, bottom left.
Hovering Iron Man between Strange and Thor, "above" Cap.
Hawkeye in front of Strange, arrow almost to bow but pointed down, about to pull up and aim/shoot.
Ant Man carried by wasp near Strange's head on the right.

Descriptions are from our point of view to the paper, not from the POV of the subjects.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Supergirl (Earth 1938) (WIP)

earth_356_supergirl__wip__by_duracellenergizer_dcycpwb-fullview.jpg

A depiction of the Supergirl from the universe of my Superman Trilogy. This is the first real drawing I've worked on since 2017. I plan on colouring it digitally once the line work is done.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I started doing another Spider-Man and it sucked

image.jpg

so I said "eh, I can do better,"

image.jpg

and I did much better.

image.jpg

EDIT: No idea why those are sideways like that.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really dig your Spider-Man drawing. Very nice.

Top Bottom