• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) Nominations for 2020 are now open! Submit your entries here.

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dreamgirl (WIP)

de2a85u-9a5a289f-0d22-4707-9d3c-c83318334f88.png

The girl's likeness in the last drawing wasn't bad, but it wasn't quite what I was going for, so I scrapped it and started anew. This likeness is much closer to the mark.

But I really don't enjoy drawing hair.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cover and interior pages of a comic I started recently, Cy Staton, Intergalactic Postal Worker. Third page not finished.
ZSkZGYi.jpg
h5HdgEj.jpg
T9EQTNW.jpg
JJc7Cal.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dreamgirl

pG9ZO2h.jpg

Not very satisfied with the colouring. The uncoloured version looks better (but I'm too lazy to make a SFW version of that one).

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My sole contribution to the world of art:

G9knrR8.jpg

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMG_20200802_004235.jpg
I drew Pris from Blade Runner. I'm not entirely happy with it.

sketch-1596428928162.png
Here I've digitally colored it. It was just an excuse to experiment with different tools on this drawing app.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yaXiLJv.jpg

The more complete third page from the earlier post. Also, none of the lettering is final, since these aren’t real scans, just pictures of the pages i took with my phone and I just typed the letters on with phone apps.

I actually hand letter these pages first, to practice lettering, but I’m still no good so I redo it with a font I downloaded from Blambot.
2QXHnJS.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love to paint now and I'm depressed and weirded out when I'm not painting, but I lose energy damnit, so now I'm exhausted and hurting bad cause there's a painting right over there and here I am typing this. Here's the first painting I've made that I actually love:
LEqMnCP.jpg

I had to hear "paint what you love" from a few different people, but at what cost, I found inspiration but thats all it can ever be. I don't think its all bad tho because "it was here, in this blighted place that he learned to live again", something like that.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recently found a tutorial on how to replicate the two-colour Technicolor look in GIMP, and I've just gone nuts with it.

just_let_go_by_duracellenergizer_de3p8mo-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de5vl3j-fullview.jpg
cake_mountain_i_by_duracellenergizer_de5vl8t-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de5vldz-fullview.jpg
in_visible_inunnguaq_by_duracellenergizer_de5wi1e-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de5wigl-fullview.jpg
easy_angel__wild_rider_iii_by_duracellenergizer_de5wj44-fullview.jpg
tree_of_life_by_duracellenergizer_de5ykh2-fullview.jpg
at_rest_by_duracellenergizer_de5ykyp-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de5ylac-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de5ym0q-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de5ymhu-fullview.jpg
kirkpatrick_by_duracellenergizer_de5ymll-fullview.jpg
gong_by_duracellenergizer_de5yni6-fullview.jpg
leprosy_by_duracellenergizer_de5ynlh-fullview.jpg
little_buddha_by_duracellenergizer_de5ynof-fullview.jpg
vampire_repellant_by_duracellenergizer_de5yntj-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de60ujy-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de60uma-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de60up1-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de60us5-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de60ute-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de60uvt-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de60v4i-fullview.jpg
untitled_by_duracellenergizer_de60v5y-fullview.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well those kick ass.

From top to bottom these are my favorites:

Two strip rocks.

TM2YC

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I love to paint now and I'm depressed and weirded out when I'm not painting, but I lose energy damnit, so now I'm exhausted and hurting bad cause there's a painting right over there and here I am typing this. Here's the first painting I've made that I actually love:
LEqMnCP.jpg

I had to hear "paint what you love" from a few different people, but at what cost, I found inspiration but thats all it can ever be. I don't think its all bad tho because "it was here, in this blighted place that he learned to live again", something like that.

^ Wow! I didn't notice you'd posted that. It's like if Van Gogh had been commissioned to do a prog-rock gatefold album cover.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've started teaching myself Blender with lots of youtube tutorials. I've been sculpting faces, trying to get a hold of the tools. This face isn't the best, there are no ears yet, and the mouth area especially is not fully sculpted with lips and teeth and whatnot, but it is the most developed render I've done so far, with attempts at nice lighting, advanced skin, actual eyes that aren't painted on, and hair that isn't a solid action-figure-like blob.

zn1iV28.png

I think he looks kind of like a caricature of Benedict Cumberbatch at the moment.

Top Bottom