• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The "This movie has a clean center channel!" thread (List in OP)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Dub Short Circuit's voice with Adam West dialogue! :-D

I was thinking Simpsons (and or Futurama). Apu for Benjamin (Obviously). Mr Burns as Skroeder. Professor Frink as Newton Crosby Ph.D etc... maybe Bender for Johnny-5.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't verified the whole movie, but at least for the scenes I needed, Grosse Pointe Blank has a pretty damn clean center track.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh yeah, "Boogie Nights" has a very clean center track.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Oh yeah, "Boogie Nights" has a very clean center track.

DVD or Blu-Ray?

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't checked the BD yet (but will since I'm planning an HD release for Large's Ark), Garden State DVD has a mostly clean center track.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I noticed this post was asking if the X3 Blu-Ray had a clean center channel... so I'm just bumping this thread in case anybody here forgot about it, or didn't know about it (Nearly a year since the last update), or has the X-3 Blu-ray and can check, or have any new films to add to the list in the OP. Thanks.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Arrow Season 1 and 2 blu-ray so far have a clean center channel

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Added to OP.

An honorable mention I've discovered today...

Star Trek Into Darkness (Compendium Edition Blu-Ray)

Sadly music is pretty high in the center but all other channels are 100% free of dialogue. So removing unwanted lines is a piece of cake (Like Sulu shouting "We've got to go!" 400 times in the opening scene :D ).

QuackAtomic

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Kal-El said:

I was thinking Simpsons (and or Futurama). Apu for Benjamin (Obviously). Mr Burns as Skroeder. Professor Frink as Newton Crosby Ph.D etc... maybe Bender for Johnny-5.

I've been wanting to replace Johnny 5 with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Don't ask me why. (Terminator was in my head, I guess?) Bender is a much better idea! Maybe a bunch of us could make audio tracks and sync them to the movie. Call it "The Many Voices of Johnny 5" or something.  :p

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
QuackAtomic said:
TM2YC said:
Kal-El said:

I've been wanting to replace Johnny 5 with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Don't ask me why. (Terminator was in my head, I guess?) Bender is a much better idea! Maybe a bunch of us could make audio tracks and sync them to the movie. Call it "The Many Voices of Johnny 5" or something.  :p

Dear Lord that would be hilarious. Replace the ENTIRE film's dialogue with snippets from Futurama :D
Sort of like what ssj does but on a whole new level of whackadoodlecrazy :p

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
QuackAtomic said:
TM2YC said:
Kal-El said:

Dear Lord that would be hilarious. Replace the ENTIRE film's dialogue with snippets from Futurama :D
Sort of like what ssj does but on a whole new level of whackadoodlecrazy :p

It may be sort of like what ssj does but it's exactly what I do.  And on that note, Bender is in the running to replace C3PO's voice in my Ep4 edit.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
It may be sort of like what ssj does but it's exactly what I do.  And on that note, Bender is in the running to replace C3PO's voice in my Ep4 edit.

Great idea! You've got my vote, if you're still considering :) The possibilities seem great playing them out in my head. Could be loads of fun and would easily become the funniest bits in your edit, I think.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, he was in the lead, but Robot Bones McCoy has emerged as a strong contender.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:

frink da master at what frink does. may the ridiculousness be with him through episode XVIII and beyond.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I think the center track on the final cut dvd of Blade Runner is pretty damn clean.

I've pulled an AC3 rip of my TFC DVD into Audacity and it's pretty clean indeed. Personally I do think it depends on what you're keeping though. During the Voight-Kampff test on Rachel, for example, there's an echo in their voices present everywhere but the center channel. If you remove the center channel, you're effectively left with nothing but the echo of their voices. If you mute everything but  the center channel, you do end up with something nice to work with. It looks like you're right :)

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice idea for a thread, TM2YC!  Once again, some brilliant ideas, both in and outside the editing room haha!  ::)
I wish the Star Wars prequels DVDs had a clean center channel!

Top Bottom