• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The "This movie has a clean center channel!" thread (List in OP)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
I know the Resident Evil Extinction DVD does. I haven't checked the Blu-ray, but I'd wager it does.
Awesome! :)
DSM2337 said:
I used the Man Of Steel BluRay (Region B) for my source, and it was mostly clean on the centre channels, but not entirely.
I have the exact same one, but I'll edit it heavily when I go through with it, so I'll probably lose some of the unclean parts anyway :)

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All episodes of The Clone Wars (not including the movie).

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IIRC Starship Troopers 3 has a very clean center channel on the dvd.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=6348]TV's Frink[/MENTION] if you're going to catch up, watch 3 and ditch 2. You'll still burn your retinas, but the third entry is first degree burns only compared to the 2nd film ;-)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Independence Day blu ray has a pretty clean center channel, too. It only bleeds through on some of the more bombastic score moments (flight scenes, really).

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I didn't even know there was a 2...

But the real question is why anyone would want to replace 3's music. I mean, it has this "masterpiece".

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ "When doodie calls you pay the price" :-D

Tell me that song was done ironically.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
^ "When doodie calls you pay the price" :-D

Tell me that song was done ironically.

Duty. But enough of that crap. I haven't seen anything other than the first movie, so I really can't say. That said, if they tried to emulate Verhoven's satirical style, it's probably tongue in cheek.

Neuros

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doctor Who, Series 1-7 (and probably 8, although I haven't checked it.)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neuros said:

Oh really? Fantastic news :). Is that Blu-Ray, or DVD?

Neuros

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't checked the Blu-Ray but I have often used the clean stuff from the DVDs. :)

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind has a clean center channel.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neuros said:

Wow, really? I like Murray Gold's music, but in the early seasons, the sound mix was poor. I'm surprised they didn't have any music bleed. Could be very, very useful. Thanks for sharing that information!

Neuros

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh dear, let me preface this by stating I'm not an expert on technical terms so I may have misunderstood what is being discussed. As far as I have noticed - and I edit a lot of Who - the majority of the NuWho DVDs have an isolated dialogue track.

For example, I recently made an audio edit for a scene from Day of the Doctor, removing John Hurt's dialogue and replacing it with the Ninth Doctor's. :)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neuros said:
Oh dear, let me preface this by stating I'm not an expert on technical terms so I may have misunderstood what is being discussed. As far as I have noticed - and I edit a lot of Who - the majority of the NuWho DVDs have an isolated dialogue track.

For example, I recently made an audio edit for a scene from Day of the Doctor, removing John Hurt's dialogue and replacing it with the Ninth Doctor's. :)

Still sounds pretty much the same to what this thread is about :) This thread is to list those DVD or Blu-Rays that, when you extract and split all audio channels (be them, 6, 7, 8 or more) you get a center channel track that has (at least 85-90%) exclusively dialogue and sound effects. That makes it easier to cut an edit and/or rescore the film. That's what we're listing here.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neuros said:

So they have a menu-selectable dialogue track? Or one of the surround channels has a music free track? Or what?

By the way, I was watching my new R1 'Short Circuit' Blu-Ray and noticed it has a selectable dialogue-free track. Very odd. It's a unique experience where all the soundfx and music are there but no sound comes out of the actors mouths, rendering the film incomprehensible to watch. Awesome! I have no idea who this was supposed to please :-D.

On the plus side, this means that a noise-cancellation might be possible and an editor could easily replace all the dialogue in the movie for comic effect. I may add this to an "honourable mention" list on the OP.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
So they have a menu-selectable dialogue track? Or one of the surround channels has a music free track? Or what?

By the way, I was watching my new R1 'Short Circuit' Blu-Ray and noticed it has a selectable dialogue-free track. Very odd. It's a unique experience where all the soundfx and music are there but no sound comes out of the actors mouths, rendering the film incomprehensible to watch. Awesome! I have no idea who this was supposed to please :-D.

On the plus side, this means that a noise-cancellation might be possible and an editor could easily replace all the dialogue in the movie for comic effect. I may add this to an "honourable mention" list on the OP.

Dub Short Circuit's voice with Adam West dialogue! :-D

Neuros

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

One of the surround channels has a music free track. :)
(On a similar topic, several of the classic Who DVDs have a music only option selection through the menu.

Top Bottom