• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The "This movie has a clean center channel!" thread (List in OP)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The US blu-ray for Drive has a clean center channel.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:

omfg... sooooo many rescoring options  :)

MusicEd921

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Magnificent Seven 2016 R1 Blu-Ray has a mostly clean center channel.  I'd say about 75% of any music heard is pretty low, but there are some parts where there is vocal from the music track that bleeds into the dialogue track.

Man on Fire R1 Collector's Edition DVD has a really good amount of clean center channel.  The only reason I abandoned an edit of it was because of more of the jarring camera work and not so much having to do with the center channel.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
thecuddlyninja said:

omfg... sooooo many rescoring options  :)

Yep.

If I ever get around to completing my Taxi Driver Rescored edit, my next project would be Drive rescored with Bernard Hermann's score from Taxi Driver! (but not really, I think that would suck).

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I started listening to the band WILCO, and I'm thinking some of their tracks would make for a great alternate DRIVE soundtrack :)

matrixgrindhouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Being an early-80's comedy, I imagine this is a long shot.  But can anyone determine if Trading Places has a clean center channel?  I've got a kind of out there idea for this one that's mostly contingent on that.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone know whether T2 has one, its the 'Bad to the Bone' bit I'm interested in....

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
Anyone know whether T2 has one, its the 'Bad to the Bone' bit I'm interested in....

It doesn't. See my edit though. The music is spread through all channels. I had to rebuild that scene's audio from scratch.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Sinbad said:

had to rebuild that scene's audio from scratch.
Thats one of my old edits I probably wont revisit then.

Cheers :)

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just wanna know which T2 sound mix is the easiest to isolate and extract the dialogue. I'll be doing what ThrowgnCpr did for the "Bad to the Bone" scene for the entire film. The dialogue is the only thing I obviously can't replace.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All the DVDs are horrible. The Skynet BD was better, but still nowhere near clean. I would be very surprised if the new Blu-rays had a different audio mix.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tylerdurden389 said:
I'll be doing what ThrowgnCpr did for the "Bad to the Bone" scene for the entire film.

Oof.  See you in 2028. ;)

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
tylerdurden389 said:
I'll be doing what ThrowgnCpr did for the "Bad to the Bone" scene for the entire film.

Oof.  See you in 2028. ;)

Lol, oh that's only 1 piece of the puzzle. I plan on doing a bit of 3D animation for the opening credits ("Modern Vision" Terminator 1 font, and a few other small things), and blood splatter effects for certain scenes where people get shot/stabbed. Also gonna color correct the whole thing to remove as much of the steel blue color timing as possible.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A bit of an obscure one (unless you're familiar with anime), but Paprika (2006) PAL DVD has an almost completely clean centre channel.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a long-running FE/OT joke. I'll just go back to my colouring book now.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anybody confirmed if BR2049 has a clean center-channel or not yet?

Top Bottom