• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Thick Of It: Full Disclosure (Parts one and two)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With the second series of 'Veep' done, I got a hankering for another dose of acidic Armando Iannucci political satire. So I got out my DVDs of the two 'The Thick Of It' 2007 Specials and immediately realised it would be cool to have all 38 minutes of deleted material added back in for ease of watching. Whenever I watch these DVDs I almost always watch the 3 deleted material compilations along with the episodes since they are of equal quality. They were clearly originally removed to meet a strict 60 minute broadcast time and not because they were less funny.

So I'm cutting in all non-duplicated footage seemlessly back in to create two feature length films I'm calling...

THE THICK OF IT: FULL DISCLOSURE (PARTS ONE AND TWO)

Part One is in the bag and is a DVD-5. Here is the cover...

(^ Click to enlarge)

ORIGINAL LENGTH 59 MINUTES
FANEDIT LENGTH 71 MINUTES
22 DELETED SCENES REINCORPORATED

Here is a short teaser featuring some of the highlights from the reincorporated material from Part One... (WARNING! Naughty language, duh)

Part Two soon to follow. It will be longer at around 85 minutes, since there is more material to add back in.

Time to sort out the second part of this edit I think.

With the Party Political Conferences just finished your timing for Part 2 of this political satire could not be better. I look forward to watching.....

sgp1428 said:
With the Party Political Conferences just finished your timing for Part 2 of this political satire could not be better. I look forward to watching.....

Good to hear.

Here is the highlights trailer for part 2...

!WARNING! VERY NAUGHTY LANGUAGE!

^ All footage in the clip is from material not included in the original broadcast cut (Aprox 27 minutes in total).

I've finished adding the deleted material to part 2 and I'm preparing the DVD. Here's the cover...

(^ Click to enlarge)

It's coming in at just under 83 minutes, 24 minutes longer the original broadcast.

Back
Top Bottom