• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (The Rescored Cut)

doyoulikescarymovies

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
View media item 1239
For the 48th anniversary of this horrific film, I have made a fan-edit. This fan-edit contains 4 new composed pieces of score.

Scenes that have new score:
- The Opening Crawl
- Kirk's Death
- Sally Runs to the Cook
- The Final Scene

The purpose of this edit is to elevate scenes in the theatrical cut that had no score even though it deserved score. And with the original film's tight budget, they couldn't have a well-rounded film. So this edit fills in the missed parts.

Here's a preview of The Opening Crawl that was rescored (it's blocked in America and Canada so PM if there's issues)

Last edited:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the 48th anniversary of this horrific film, I have made a fan-edit. This fan-edit contains 4 new composed pieces of score. Those in particular; the opening crawl, Kirk's death, Sally runs to the Cook, and the final scene.
Have you made any adjustments beyond adding 4 new pieces of music?

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think if you want to generate more interest it would be worthwhile giving some more context and sharing an example or two. Why have you picked these pieces? What do you feel they add to the movie? Is this intended as a replacement or an alternative version? Rescoring can be tricky.

doyoulikescarymovies

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think if you want to generate more interest it would be worthwhile giving some more context and sharing an example or two. Why have you picked these pieces? What do you feel they add to the movie? Is this intended as a replacement or an alternative version? Rescoring can be tricky.
Updated!

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
do you have any links to these scenes (since you didnt do any editing) curious to see them without having to download a whole file.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ it's a youtube link for me.

It does give off a nice vibe. Personally, I would bring the music down just a smidge. It's not overbearing in that particular instance, but it is on the cusp of taking priority over the narration. I get the sense that if the music developed dynamically it would become too much. Hard to tell without hearing/seeing other examples.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
do you have any links to these scenes (since you didnt do any editing) curious to see them without having to download a whole file.

Thus isn't a matter of seeing something new, Coop. It's a matter of hearing something that wasn't already there.

I always felt like this movie could use some diagetic music in a couple of places to ratchet up the tension.

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thus isn't a matter of seeing something new, Coop. It's a matter of hearing something that wasn't already there.

I always felt like this movie could use some diagetic music in a couple of places to ratchet up the tension.
Making a before and after reel would be good enough to showcase this.

Top Bottom