• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Terminator Salvation Archives

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Terminator Salvation Archives: Mission One

What is it about? This is the first disc in my Terminator Salvation project about the promotion of the film.
What kind of fanedit?: SP
Original film name: Terminator Salvation
New film name: The Terminator Salvation Archives Mission 1
Film studio name: Warner Bros.
Edit crew name: Frantic Canadian
Date Original Film Was Released: May 21st, 2009
Date Edit Was Released on FE: August 18th, 2009
Runtime: 106 minutes

details:

Video Format: DVD/VOB/MPEG2/720×480/4:3 and 16:9/NTSC
Audio Format: Dolby Digital 2.0
Size: 4.28 GB’s

Contents:

Bryce Dallas Howard - Craig Ferguson (05/11/09)
Christian Bale - Good Morning America (05/18/09)
McG - Carson Daly (05/19/09)
McG - The Early Show (05/20/09)
Common - Tavis Smiley (05/20/09)
Bryce Dallas Howard - Jimmy Fallon (05/20/09)
Common - Jimmy Kimmel (05/21/09)
Common - Bonnie Hunt (05/22/09)
Anton Yelchin - Jimmy Kimmel (05/22/09)
Moon Bloodgood - Craig Ferguson (05/26/09)

WonderCon 2009 Panel

Hardware and software information:

ConvertXToDVD
TMPGEnc DVD Author 3
DVD-Lab Pro 2
Photoshop

Time needed for the edition: A couple of hours.
Persons involved: Just me but AvP contributed the background image used for the menus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Terminator Salvation Archives: Mission Two

What is it about? This is the second disc in my Terminator Salvation project about the promotion of the film.
New film name: The Terminator Salvation Archives Mission Two
Date Edit Was Released on FE: August 23rd, 2009
Runtime: 65 minutes

details:

Video Format: DVD/VOB/MPEG2/720×480/4:3/NTSC
Size: 3.83 GB’s

Contents:

G4 special (05/13/09)
Innerspace: Behind The Scenes (05/14/09)
Easter Egg

DVD-Rom:

German tv special (.wmv)
HBO First Look special (.wmv)
4 official screensavers

ConvertXToDVD
TMPGEnc DVD Author 3
DVD-Lab Pro 2
Photoshop

Time needed for the edition: A couple of hours.
Persons involved: Just me but AvP contributed the background image used for the menus.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished the third disc in the set tonight. Should be fully uploaded in a few days. In the meanwhile here's the info for it.

What is it about? This is the third disc in my Terminator Salvation project about the promotion of the film.
New film name: The Terminator Salvation Archives Mission Three
Date Edit Was Released on FE:
Runtime: 90 minutes

Fanedit details:

Video Format: DVD/VOB/MPEG2/704×576/4:3/PAL
Size: 4.17 GB’s

Contents:

The Making Of Terminator Salvation (RTE TWO)
Terminator Salvation Movie Special (Five)
Terminator Salvation Special (35mm)
E! Behind The Scenes

TMPGEnc DVD Author 3
DVD-Lab Pro 2

Time needed for the edition: A couple hours
Persons involved: Two. Tonecapone compiled the material and I authored it.

Shimy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
could you check the links for disk 2 please, as jdownloader reports them as all down. Thanks in advance frantic

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know about Jdownloader because I don't use it but I just checked my Rapidshare account and the links for disc 2 are all still there. I checked the first few to see if they were working and they're good. I don't know why it's not working on your end.

Shimy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've tried downloading the container again to see if it was a corrupt download and I've tried loading the container in two differnet versions of jdownloader and into the latest version of cryptload and they all report the links as being down. If anyone has any idea as to why could they let me know. Thanks

A

AvP

dlc...they was copyed from FE so i persume they wasnt updated...ive checked them and all working now.

Shimy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks for fixing the links AvP and thanks to Frantic Canadian for making the disk. I appreciate the help and hard work!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good to know it wasn't the RS files. How exactly is a .dlc file created?

A

AvP

in JDownloader....just load the links then start the download then stop then right click on the folder and it will give choices,the click on "create DLC".

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just got the 3rd disc. Looks like some cool specials, but at glancing at it, I was really surprised to see 4:3 letterboxed videos. FC, is there a reason you didn't convert these to true anamorphic widescreen before authoring the DVD? It would have been a BIG improvement, and it's not hard to do.

Also one of the menu selections is misspelled. It says "Terminator Salvatio" instead of Terminator Salvation. Just FYI. still looking forward to watching these.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I left the videos as is because I don't know how to make them anamorphic. Wouldn't there be some quality loss too? And are all four specials letterboxed? I can't remember. As for the typo Ziz brought it to my attention. I don't know how I could have missed that becuase I always double check to make sure that all links are working and everything is properly written but somehow it must have gotten past me.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I left the videos as is because I don't know how to make them anamorphic. Wouldn't there be some quality loss too?
Using virtualdub and doing a multipass encode using an encoder like CCE will produce results that will hardly be noticeable, and for everyone with a widescreen TV, it will be a huge improvement. huge. Even just using TMPGEnc (cropping the black bars, and setting output to widescreen) will be an improvement for those with widescreen TVs.

Frantic Canadian said:
And are all four specials letterboxed? I can't remember.
I believe 3 of the 4 main specials are letterboxed. One is actually fullframe

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll have to look into that next time I guess. Does it give you a true widescreen or does the picture get stretched?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I'll have to look into that next time I guess. Does it give you a true widescreen or does the picture get stretched?

if you have all the settings correct, it will be proper anamorphic

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hmm, something seems off there. The image looks a little squished, and its a bit blocky. might try a different resize algorithm.

EDIT: I'm sorry, the second image is displayed right. The first image needs adjusted to be displayed as 4:3. You're all good :)

Top Bottom