• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Terminator: Extended Edition

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by AdigitalMan
What is it about? Terminator 1 as a more complete movie, extended with several missing scenes that truly add to character development and the storyline.

original film name: Terminator
film studio name: Orion
Date Original Film Was Released: 26 OCT 1984
Date Edit Was Released: 03 OCT 05
Original Runtime: 108 min
New Runtime: 116 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 8 min added
Cuts removed/added/extended:

1. Restored Scenes:
* Sarah's "I'm so wholesome I could puke" conversation in front of the mirror before starting work
* T-800 leaving the scene of the first termination
* Several bits with Traxler and Vulkovitch in pursuit
* Bit where Traxler is considering that Reese may be telling the truth
* Traxler's admonition to Reese to protect Sarah before dying
* Sarah deciding to destroy Cyberdyne & Reese's breakdown (long, excellent scene)
* Sarah planning on all the great things Kyle will see and do after they change the future
* A little post-coital intimacy between Sarah & Kyle
* The chip being discovered ... at Cyberdyne

DVD - Features:

1. 116 min. NTSC
2. static menu

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

Deeper character development and brings Cyberdyne clearly into the greater story arc.

Time needed for the edition: 10 days
persons involved: ADigitalMan

Terminator_ADMEE_Cassidy_3D2.jpg

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved this! The scene by the brook is just beautiful. I'm not sure all the scenes are necessary, and some of them even adversely affect the minimalist menace of the original cut. For instance, the added Traxler bits do have a point story-wise, but they feel wrong. This film should never let up. Still, it's very nice to have these scenes reintegrated into the whole. Well done.

The sound is quite different on the deleted scenes. The quality itself probably couldn't be helped, but in my opinion the deleted scenes are a bit too loud compared to the rest.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thats odd ADM's edits are usually flawless in the sound department. in fact its something he prides himself on.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They sounded perfect when i watched it.

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thats odd ADM's edits are usually flawless in the sound department. in fact its something he prides himself on.
I'm not criticising him for the slightly flawed sound. The deleted scenes are like that. They look different too. I do think the volume was a bit loud on them too, though, but it didn't take me out of the experience. And the flow is perfect.

But really, I only mentioned it in passing. The emphasis was supposed to be on "loved this" and "well done". :)

EDIT: I could check the sound again to better explain what I mean if you want.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didnt have a problem with the quality of the audio at all on this edit, however, I did notice the volume levels were off on some of the deleted scenes, but not all. This could have been easily fixed I think. But still an awesome extended edition.

kaine23

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the way T1 should have been. I found no lack of video or audio quality throughout the film, even during the deleted scenes that were reintegrated. The end discovery of Cyberdyne was great! This should be the version everyone should watch.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it was flawless. It has replaced by normal DVD, and I even refuse to buy the Blu-ray because I like version so much. I showed it to my friends (my friend's GF hadn't seen any of the Terminator movies) and they certainly couldn't tell what was added or not.

fanboy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This BT (started in December) is at 88% with 5 peers. If anyone could assist, I'd appreciate it.
[spoiler:1p43y95a]Terminator 1 Extended Edition (fanedit.org by ADM) DVDrip x264 AAC 6ch NOsubs 1h56m[/spoiler:1p43y95a]
Cheers

PS If I'm curt with you it's because discretion is a factor ;)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dude, torrents are so before-I-joined...
;)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
fanboy said:
This BT (started in December) is at 88% with 5 peers. If anyone could assist, I'd appreciate it.
[spoiler:ayl9757s]Terminator 1 Extended Edition (fanedit.org by ADM) DVDrip x264 AAC 6ch NOsubs 1h56m[/spoiler:ayl9757s]
Cheers

PS If I'm curt with you it's because discretion is a factor ;)

If you've been waiting that long for it I'd just grab it from RS instead, even as a free user you'll get it down in a few days.

fanboy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's not so much BT over RS but the file size. A DL DVD must be around 8 or so GB and my quota is limited. Worth it for a sure thing like T1 extended ed. but 1GB-ish versions would be more accessible (if I may be so bold).
Cheers

Dethryl

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched this last night, and I was completely blown away by how the pacing of the movie changes. I always liked Sarah and Kyle finding a few moments of joy with each other in the face of the oncoming darkness, and now it's an even more powerful message. Sarah's "Think fast!" now seems much more acceptable given the playfulness we've now seen between them. Kudos to ADM for giving us this EE.

Visual: 5/5
Audio: 5/5
Presentation: 5/5

Cool Race

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really appreciate this edit. As a fan of the franchise and the characters involved, this gave me more of what I wanted. The edits were seamless and new scenes really made the T1 experience complete. Thank you for the effort.

Bsetter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Violation of the Trades & Requests guidelines
Can anyone give me a link to this please

Top Bottom