• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Superman Returns

Avid4D

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay I think I've finished the third and final film in my trilogy, The Superman Returns, and open to anyone keen on a "pre-screening" before it gets published. This is the sequel to The Superman and The Superman Of Krypton. The primary focus of this third installment is to give the Superman franchise the finale it deserved. No sad-sack-man, no kid, and the tension now builds in the movie rather than peaking early with the plane rescue scene before fading into boredom. I setup a couple things in The Superman Of Krypton in preparation for this third installment, so if you haven't seen that one you may be asking one or two questions when starting this one. It's a new trilogy, a trilogy where you don't get time to fall asleep because a lot is going on, and I have edited Superman Returns to try and reflect that. I've created a trailer for this film that includes a quick recap on what we've seen so far. Hope you enjoy...

[video=youtube_share;8MTm-1_XQbU]

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope you do some color-correction too. The original's color was terrible!

Avid4D

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No I didn't do any color correction I'm sorry :(

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Someone should do and release a color corrected version of the whole unedited movie, plus the deleted scenes, for people to use as a basis for fanedits (of course the Own the Source rule would still apply). The colors of this movie are incredibly ugly. Filmed in Urinevision.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't seen your first two edits, but will have to check them out now. I'm doing a superman (smallville) too. I was a bit confused with the Reeves and Routh combo. Was the first song in the trailer a recap of your other too movies?

Avid4D

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay there seems to be a consensus to color correct this movie, so I've pulled it down from Mega and running another render to try and improve the situation. I'm hoping to keep it subtle but will see how it turns out. All going well with the first new render it should be back up in a couple days and I'll have to inform fanedit.info of the new link.

PS. Yes Ken Poirier there is a recap in the trailer but I didn't use any close up shots of Chris Reeve because the sequel is obviously Routh. If you're holding the originals closely to your heart I'd probably suggest you not watch my edits then because I change things quite a bit and cram in as much action as possible.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice one Avid, good luck with the colour grading!

Avid4D

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Attempt no.1 of color grading looked good in terms of color palette but appeared a lot darker so I'm rendering another version with luminance turned up a little... will advise.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you able to post some comparison pic/video examples?

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=25703]Avid4D[/MENTION] I don't consider myself a fan boy and I'm not one to shy away from liberal interpretations.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ken Poirier said:
@Advid4D I don't consider myself a fan boy and I'm not one to shy away from liberal interpretations.

Tip: Spell user name correct when user tagging :p

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ken Poirier said:
I have fat fingers!

zuramyda.jpg

Avid4D

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay fat fingers Homer faneditors! :D Slightly color corrected version available now. Link can be found on fanedit.info

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally managed to get it.

...And WOW. I'll leave a detailed review up on the database, this edit had a lot of surprises and I thoroughly enjoyed it

Avid4D

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks heaps Zarius... I know you're a big Supe fan so I'm glad you enjoyed my edit. And yes, editing out the kid was certainly a challenge! Thanks for your feedback :)

Top Bottom