• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The story behind your nick/avatar

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Just when I thought I had settled into my final avatar, Porgs go and happen. A temporary change, but a super fun one nonetheless. Thanks for the suggestion, @"ssj"

2202538_1

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
I HAVE ASCENDED

Whatever computer-like state you've ascended to, it must be pretty dated if you're limited to caps-lock and zero punctuation... With all due respect, your Frinkiness.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
TVs Frink said:
I HAVE ASCENDED

Whatever computer-like state you've ascended to, it must be pretty dated if you're limited to caps-lock and zero punctuation... With all due respect, your Frinkiness.

UNABLE AND UNWILLING ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS

See?

I DO THIS MERELY SO YOUR PRIMITIVE BRAINS WILL KNOW IT IS ME SENDING YOU THESE MESSAGES

NOT TO MENTION YOUR SOCIETY IS RUNNING OUT OF PUNCTUATION

HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED LESS AND LESS HUMANS USING IT QUESTION MARK

BY 2047 YOU WILL BE LUCKY IF YOU CAN EVER END A SINGLE SENTENCE

I HAVE TAKEN PITY ON YOU AND AM HELPING YOU CONSERVE

WITH MY HELP YOU MAY BE ABLE TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF THE PUNCTUATION MARK FROM MIDDASH2047 TO LATEDASH2047

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
I DO THIS MERELY SO YOUR PRIMITIVE BRAINS WILL KNOW IT IS ME SENDING YOU THESE MESSAGES

Personally, I just look at the name tag. 

And we're not primitive. It's more complicated than that... 

2rdf0ar.jpg

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jr- my first two initials.
WHAG- an inside joke between me and a friend based on her typo in which she misspelled What.
42- the answer to life, the universe, and everything, according to Douglas Adam's novel The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Profile pic- some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Username: An obvious portmanteau of "Duracell" & "Energizer".

Avatar: A photo of Jennifer Lawrence. I can never stick to one avatar for too long, so I'll likely change it in the near-future.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The avatar is an accurate artist's rendering of myself. It's been used as the basis for a character in some obscure TV show without my permission. I really should look into legal action.

The username is from when I started making custom DVD covers when I was 13-14, which I started specifically to replace the "paper bag" cover of the old Army of Darkness "Bootleg Director's Cut" DVD. In case you can't tell, I was a bit obsessed with the Evil Dead trilogy at the time. I used it when I registered over at OT and I became active enough there that I felt like I had to keep it to maintain a single identity across various video project type sites (OT, FE, FanRes, MySpleen, the like).

It's been my handle for so long I'd probably answer to Ash in real life, even though that's not even close to my real name.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a nickname my dad had as a kid, that I took when I started going online.  It's a riff on our family name.

I like Star Trek.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The name comes from an old Twitter handle. I just thought of two words which were funny together. For the avatar, I just make it whatever I'm working on at the moment

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nick combined with modification because I thought the "Modification" sounded fun after watching this with my kiddos.

Avatar used to be the simple logo I made, now it's back to mashup of two of my favorite robots, Tars and R2.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've had this name on every website I've been on for probably at least four years, and I don't remember why I came up with it.  The avatar is just a png I found somewhere.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My avatar is just whatever I feel like. 

My username name started out because I used to be a big fan of the classic death metal band Possessed. Then as I grew and stayed with that name for almost ten years I'm finding it fits me more than anything else I could have picked.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mine is easy to explain.

0:40

My whole family quote this daily so I felt it was between this and Redonu :)

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wouldn't call him "my" Nick, we just used to work together and are still casually acquainted. But anyway his parents named him that, he had no say in it.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The nick is the name of a NPC prepared for my live RPG session back in 2004 who ended up completely unused because of some unexpected plot twist that occured before I could introduce him.

As for new avatar - just watched "Blood Drive".

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love the Wilhelm Scream sound effect, and the scream painting was perfect to match with it

Top Bottom