• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The story behind your nick/avatar

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MiniMetroid said:
Long story short: I'm a huge Metroid fangirl.

...and a fan of Austin based puns?

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I signed up for twitter many moons ago, I couldn't find a name that didn't include a bunch of numbers, so I picked two words that just sounded funny/nonsensical. For the time when I was trying to do comedy and writing, it ended up being pretty appropriate.

When I went to get a job that actually pays money, they found the account along with a bunch of stand-up videos (I should mention that my particular brand of humor can go into territory that some find offensive). So they yanked the offer. I deleted the accounts all across social media, but I basically just added "the" in front and used the name here as a nod to those fun, freewheeling times.

I pretty much just change my avatar at random to something I'm working on, hence why it's gone from the Insidious demon to the American Horror Story Rubber Man to Caleb from Ex Machina.

None of this is terribly interesting but I like reading everyone else's and thought I'd contribute as well.

I also have never heard of a Mini Metro but I think that name is just adorable.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Off the back of another thread where I requested to have my name changed (previously Juniquex), @"Sinbad" asked where the name came from and I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where people can explain the origins of thier usernames (should they wish). 

I personally associate "Juniquex" with older projects I did when I was young that were a bit naff, hence the change. 
"The Scribbling Man" is a meta-fictional character in a series of stories I write, and I've just begun to make use of it as a pen name. I thought it would be as good a username as any to replace the former.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mine comes from a lad deciding he wanted to call me 'Sinbad' when I was about 12, a little later I got a CB Radio and couldn't think of a handle and my best mate suggested Sinbad. Its been my psuedonym ever since and ironically I have no idea what the name of that lad who decided to originally call it me is to this day...

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
also, threads merged

Upgrade... Avatars as well, eh? Mine is the artwork for an album called "Old" by band "Starflyer 59". I think the art is cool and the album was one of the first that I really dug.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As UK members would know my avatar is Norwich's favourite son Mr Alan Partridge aaahhaaa.  I actually got to meet Steve Coogan in August and he was very amiable my alltime comedy hero.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Was watching some Alan Partridge the other night. Painfully funny every time...

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, so my name is basically the + my name. My avatar is an R. Okay, bye.

Wait... Story time.

So, some people have assumed my name was Ryaney because of my nick name. Well, it actually means: The Ryan E. Y. Get it?

For my avatar, it was not designed by me maybe 2 years ago I saw this video on YouTube on something like my logo, and I thought it looked cool for my avatar maybe in the world wide web. The video I watched was for Adobe Illustrator, but at the time I didn't have the "professional" and expensive software so what I did was I recreated with Powerpoint. Yes. Powerpoint. I made it out of the shapes you get in there. I'm serious. And now it still stays with me.

Also, to make this more fun, but you don't really have to do this, but @Zarius I want to know what your nick/avatar is about, because apparently you changed it from Sherlock to something else.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius sounds very Dr Who to me like Davros, I'll wager. SSJ's is the one I want to know, I'm guessing it will involve intergalatic dwarves or mermaids where the legs are on the bottom amd the fish bits on the top...

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Funny story. I came up with Masirimso way before I joined the site. Basically, MA SI RI MS O is the combination of the names of the game franchises Mario and The Sims, which I was a HUUGE fan of when I was much younger (and I still very much enjoy them to this day). It just stuck I guess.

The avatar is Atatürk, I put his picture to a Star Wars profile creator that GMail did back when The Force Awakens was being promoted. Now it’s Atatürk with a Blue Look and a Rebel Alliance/New Republic symbol. It’s actually quite fitting I think.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw a meme about the game Fighting Baseball for the Super Famicom and there was a whole team of badly translated names. One of which was Bobson Dugnutt, sounded funny to me at the time. My other choice was gonna be Sleve McDichael, maybe I should of gone with 'ol McDichael though. 

Lxa2Fep.jpg

I hope no one assumed that was my real name though. 

And the story behind my avatar is that I was looking through my PC for a picture to use and came across the cover to the soundtrack for ET by Michael Jackson. It's been with me ever since

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just when I thought I had settled into my final avatar, Porgs go and happen. A temporary change, but a super fun one nonetheless. Thanks for the suggestion, @"ssj"

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Just when I thought I had settled into my final avatar, Porgs go and happen. A temporary change, but a super fun one nonetheless. Thanks for the suggestion, @"ssj"

But what does it mean?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

But what does it mean?

It means I love Porgs, that's what it means...

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
The Scribbling Man said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

But what does it mean?

It means I love Porgs, that's what it means...

Deep, man. Love it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

But what does it mean?

mjxj70h.jpg

Top Bottom