• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The story behind your nick/avatar

Simba7

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello everyone!

I'm pretty new in this forum and I thought that it will be nice to get to know you people better. So if anyone would like to share the stories behind their nick/avatars, that will be great!

My own nick came from the days, many years ago, when I was playing counter strike online. I wanted a cool sounding name that will bring fear to the Swedish police forces in counter strike (I usually played the terrorist...). As you probably know the Swedes and the Finns have this love/hate relationship. So a lot of Finnish guys used to play in Swedish counter strike servers - it was great fun to kill some swedes everyday... :)
My favorite server was the Stockholm slaughter house. I sometimes even managed to kill somebody before I died... :)
The Z is because in Hebrew Z is the 7th letter and 7 is my lucky number...

The avatar is the logo of my band, which will be changing names soon. The logo will probably stay the same. It's a tribute to Bob Marley, who is one of my favorite artists. It's basically the lion of the late emperor of Ethiopia. The lion he had, had a cross in it. Since music is universal, we didn't want to put a cross in the logo, so we changed it to a musical staff.

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Woa, there's another finnish person on these boards :? And you even live relatively close to where I live. Scary.

Anyhow, my name messenjah14 comes from two things: messenjah comes from a decent song called The Messenjah by P.O.D. I just thought it sounded good. 14 comes from the age that I had when I started using the internet, since that's when I used the nickname for the first time.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hey finnguys! I worked three years for nokia in germany. does that give me any bonus points? maybe some of these liquorish candies with the salty filling? ?something pebber? was the name i guess...

:)

Mnm

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great idea for the story behind nick/avatar. O.K., my turn. Well my nick comes from the first letters of mine and my wife?s name, and ?n? stands for ?&?. We often use that nick, and that is at the same time logo when we do web design. As for the avatar, well I choose Tubular Bells from Mike Oldfield, because I am simply addicted to his music, and that music is very important part of my life. Every decision I?ve made, every step that I?ve made, that music was the part of it. Even at my wedding, ?Tubular Bells? were played. So that is pretty big deal for me. 8)

Jim

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I don't even know why I called myself Jim. First of all I can't stand my real name and secondly, you could only enter three letters as a name for the rankings in videogames back then. So I had to enter something and came up with Jim, since then I kept that nick.
Sadly it is a very "normal" name, so I have to usen different versions of it like here "Jim-".

EDIT: My avatar shows Kenshin from the anime/manga series "Rurouni Kenshin", one of my most favorite series. I tend to change my avatar not too often (unlike my signature), so I have this avatar now for like... I dunno, VERY long. I just like the look.

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well my name NexPhr3ak0r comes from years ago when i used to mod nextel phones as a hobby. Phr3aking was an old hobby of hacking phone systems. So two just came together one day.

As for my avatarit is hal from 2001 a Space Odyssey. I am an admin so you make the correlation.

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, people are talking about avatars too. I just put one up, it's Milkman Dan from the best comic in the world.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A long time ago I told the story behind my nick, but I ma sure it is about time to tell it again:
Back in the days I was a painter and painted only naked women (what else would you want to paint anyway?) and therefore I needed an artists name. In my bathroom there was a drawing from Egon Schiele (German artist of 1920), who is a master in drawing naked women. And his signature of EGON as he writes it looks like BOON, so I thought, wow, that sounds rather cool. And there was my artists name and I sticked to it and now lots and lots of people in real life are calling me that.
My avatar is Silent Bob aka Kevin Smith, who is famous for fanediting for his own pleasure and was for quite some time suspected to be the Phantom Editor. So Kevin Smith and fanediting are connected. But ther eis more to that: the webmaster of the once biggest forum about fanedits it is no more for quite some time now): http://www.originaltrilogy.com is Jay. Jay's best friend is Silent Bob (aka Kevin Smith) and since I am not so silent like silent Bob, this explains my title and it also means that Jay and I are on the same level, because back then when fanedit.org started, this guy was pretty arrogant about who he was and who the hell I was, when in my opinion we were always on the same level.
It's a bit of a funny wordplay.
Oh, finally the number 23. Well, it is my birthday on the one hand and it is a great number, even 2 movies were made about it already, so this keeps me mysterious, doesn't it? ;-)
So, I am Boon23, the not so silent Bob admin and owner of this little page about fanedits.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool, i am glad you explained, nex. I always wondered what your nick was. seemed rather complicated. :)

as i think i have explained before, my nick comes from a partially de-voweled spelling of Throwing Copper. I used this nick back in the day when I started college about 9yrs ago. I loved that album (although Live really sucks ass now, still a great album). My avatar is pretty self explanatory. It is myself being projected by R2D2. ...I am your only hope!!! :D

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon, my bday also falls on a 23rd. would love to see some of your art sometime. I dabble as well

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
my avatar is a character from the greatest comic books series ever made: The Sandman by Neil Gaiman. It is the Corinthian. He is like the Nightmare.

My nick is easy: Boon always called me that and since I am his official bitch it made sense to use it in this forum...

:smile:

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
not much to mine really. when i first got online in '98 or so i figured i'd use the handle 'Pharaoh' as im heavily into all things Ancient Egyptian, anyway about a million and half other people had had the same idea so i thought i'd go for another Egyptian title.

and that is how i came to use nOmArch, the capitalisation of the vowels is just a dumb haxxor wannabe thing ;)

a nomarch (pronounced like monarch) was responsible for an Egyptian Nome (think county or state) and looked after everyone that lived inside its boundaries.

Finn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I walked past a pub call Finn McCool's about 6 years ago, then joined a forum that night, and used the name as it was in my head.
It stuck. and half my friends call me that rather than my actual name...

My avatar is from The Tin Drum. nuff said
if you need it explained further I pity you.

Simba7

Reaction score
Trophy Points
my avatar is a character from the greatest comic books series ever made: The Sandman by Neil Gaiman.

I love that comics too. I think I read all of them!

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well.... my nick came a long time ago.... basically the "lewis" came from CS Lewis... who is one of my favorite authors.... and the 886 was the first 3 numbers of my phone number at the time....

i used to have an avatar on here that was a pic of my eye with all the color taken away except for in my iris.... looked cool/weird... but then i got tired of it and thought i'd change.... so i thought i'd try and find a cool one of maximillian from the black hole... but i couldn't find one i liked... so i settled for one of vincent instead, also from the black hole.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lewis886 said:
so i thought i'd try and find a cool one of maximillian from the black hole... but i couldn't find one i liked... so i settled for one of vincent instead, also from the black hole.

i?m always there for fellow members who need help. Take this picture as a gift from me...

:grin:

schellxmaximilian06jw2.jpg

it?s an early pic but you know where he?s heading...

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol..... hmmm.... perhaps i should rephrase that..... maximillian the character/robot.... not the actor..... lol
nice though, i enjoyed that ;)

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nothing exciting about mine, it has been my forum name on many different forums for years, and am now called 'Zeb' by quite a few people out of cyberspace!.

Cant even remember why I chose it now!!

My avatar is Sarah Michelle Gellar playing with some balls..........

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
beer2pe9.gif

Let?s have one on your lovely avatar, zeb!

I love buffy!

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Amen! And I'm quite content in the knowledge that should I ever have an affair with her, my wife would never believe me anyway!! No loose situation!

Top Bottom