• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The story behind your nick/avatar

jeff said:
As for the pic, I typically like anything music wise with guitars..
Do you like guitars playing NES and SNES covers and the like? I'm really into that and have been for a few years. There are some amazing artists out there covering some of my favorite games. :)

My first fanedit was KILL BILL X and my avatar was an image I found while searching some tshirt ideas.
geeksyl0.jpg
[/img]

years and years ago before there was a world wide web, i used to connect via 1200 baud modems to BBSs
i was young and thought the word beaver was cool (like from Hustler's Beaver Hunt) i registered as the beave.. kinda a beaver hunt and Leave it to Beaver play on words. i really thought i was clever at 13 :)
it became my online persona for 20 years now..
as for my avatar, i used to use this one
hunters.gif

just because Hunter S. Thompson is a personal hero, but i recently changed it because i created myself a logo for the film editing work i am doing.. and the guy in the picture is me and my name is D.G.

by the way.. what is trolling, and what is the purpose behind it- i think i have an idea what it is but can not see how one could gain anything by doin it?

It is about time to get some new avatar stories or nick stories.
My new avatar... I chose it because it stands for many things... Shifu is wise, yet a smartass, he talks a lot, yet he is in control and experienced. He has power, yet he is not the one to win the game on his own. I thought he and I have a few things in common. Not all, because I hope to be a bit more likable, which is not my decision to make of course. And then of course there is the age thing. I may not be old and gray yet, but I am for sure among the 10% of the oldest members on fanedit.org.

one more thing: if you want your avatar on fanedit.org as well, you just have to sign on on www.gravatar.com with the same email you used to sign on on fanedit.org and select an avatar for that email address. It will show up almost at once.

ok, my newest avatar, which seems will stick around for a while. I am of course an ornithologist. hence the cute little bird. and whats not to love about silly lolcat style phrasing?

How about a thread where people can explain the origin of their screen names? Mine's easy; I'm lazy and uncreative so I just picked the name of the site.

I'm fluent in French and I love dogs.

Back in high school the song "Testify" by Rage Against The Machine was a hit. One day my buddy Ben just started singing "He's right outside your door, he's Neglify."

Well my real name is George, and "Giorkatsos" means something close to "Grand George" in greek. And i added the "1" instead of "i" cause i thought it might look cool (nope) and it would be a nice transformers reference.

back in 2000 I was coming up with a Unreal Tournament handle, so I picked Omaru_SD, the SD was for Sitting Duck because I knew I'd be terrible. Omaru was the name of one of the characters (so I thought) from a really old Anime from the early 90's called Legend of the Four Kings. It was only around 4 years ago I found out I was completely wrong and two of the brothers were named Amaru and Owaru... so i'm a happy compromise, but yeah I've just been Omaru around most places I frequented. 1982 is just unimaginative, the year I was born.

Look at my avatar for the meaning of my scre- oh wait. I just changed it. Go watch Inception.

I've always had trouble coming up with screen names for websites, and then one day realized that Dominic Cobb was a pretty freaking awesome name from one of my favorite movies, so I started using that for all my screen names. So, when I came here, I just used that. I didn't think I'd really be a participant in the forums (if I had I might have chosen a different name - though I'm very happy with what I have), but I did because you guys are cool.

Good thread idea!

Way back in the late '90s, I had a problem on some sites with creating screennames that I didn't recognize when people were addressing me with it. For instance, I called myself "Chilly Down" on one forum and people kept saying, "I agree with CD," and I was wondering what compact discs had to do with anything.

So I decided that my next screenname would have my own real first name in it, so people could call me that for short and I would still recognize it, while still retaining some safety and anonymity.

This being the late '90s, I still loved George Lucas and enjoyed his frequent references to "THX" and "1138." So I came up with a screenname that is an amalgam of THX 1138 and my real name. It's worked well for me, so I've used it on a lot of sites and forums since then.

Ironically, I've never actually seen the namesake movie.

Back
Top Bottom