• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Spoon Thread

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This thread is for Spoonerisms, but I've been intentionally vague with the title in order to allow for other kinds of spoons, should people feel so inclined. 

If you don't know what a Spoonerism is:

Google said:
A spoonerism is an error in speech in which corresponding consonants, vowels, or morphemes are switched between two words in a phrase. 

Examples:

TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:
I'm listening to a Pastor of Muppets

Possessed said:
It's been a few years since I've seen the Barton Buttman

Rules:

1. Spoonerisms must be Spoonerisms. 
  2. Spoonerisms do not need to form actual words, providing the result is amusing. 
  3. Spoonerisms are more about the sound than the letters. Therefore, a slight alteration in spelling to better communicate the sound-swap is allowed (providing it is accurate to the vowel sound you are swapping). Eg. "Master" was changed to "pastor" (as opposed to "paster") for my spoonerised quote of Frink. 
  4. Don't Google "best Spoonerisms" or similar, and post all your findings here. That's lame. Get creative. 
  5. If you somehow come up with such a cryptic Spoonerism that you feel it warrants explanation, put it in spoiler tags. 
  6. Use NSFW tags if warranted.
  7. The best kind of spoon is a quoted spoon, and the same rules apply as in the "Out of Context" thread (with obvious allowance for the section you've spoonerised). 

Happy spooning.

Rule 1 would make Oc Rolie proud.

I don't have any dacky iweas yet, but this could be a fun thread.

Spoony_Bard.jpg

I need to start remembering to be on the lookout for things that would fit in this thread similar to how I'm on the lookout for the out of context thread, because I like the idea.

mnkykungfu said:
Hell wey, stifferent drokes for fifferent dolks.  I only love about malf of those hovies

Duragizer said:
the mo-slo scattle menes were bunoxious obbleshit

jrWHAG42 said:
I ended up watching The Tran Map first, because I liked the slot pynopsis. 

I didn't really think about it when I started the thread, but I do love a bit of Spoon. 

Back
Top Bottom