• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Spectacular Spider-Man Continued

DustinCuppett

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope it's clear that I want everything I said in this thread to stay in the thread, just to avoid stirring the pot anymore than it already is.

Last edited:

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ouch. I didn't know things were that bad Dustin, I appreciate you coming forward with this. Arguments and fall outs are never fun, and it sucks there appears to be no way of reconciling with this individual even for the betterment of the project, I hope you're able to retain your passion once the embargo lifts for you in June, at least you're showing some wisdom beyond your teen years, and the project appears to be still be going strong.

The community on discord is always creatively thriving too, with fan scripts, fan art, comic strips etc, trust me, the community on the MTV Spider-Man discords was absolutely nothing like that. They were ghost towns with hardly anyone interested in progressing Spider-Man whatsoever. The SSC discord is one of my favourite places to be, you and the team are funny, engaging, educated, all display maturity that is seldom found with teenagers today. You put your best foot forward and despite ups and many downs, the fact you still come at us with a positive attitude towards the project embodies the spirit of what Peter Parker is all about.

DustinCuppett

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ouch. I didn't know things were that bad Dustin, I appreciate you coming forward with this. Arguments and fall outs are never fun, and it sucks there appears to be no way of reconciling with this individual even for the betterment of the project, I hope you're able to retain your passion once the embargo lifts for you in June, at least you're showing some wisdom beyond your teen years, and the project appears to be still be going strong.

The community on discord is always creatively thriving too, with fan scripts, fan art, comic strips etc, trust me, the community on the MTV Spider-Man discords was absolutely nothing like that. They were ghost towns with hardly anyone interested in progressing Spider-Man whatsoever. The SSC discord is one of my favourite places to be, you and the team are funny, engaging, educated, all display maturity that is seldom found with teenagers today. You put your best foot forward and despite ups and many downs, the fact you still come at us with a positive attitude towards the project embodies the spirit of what Peter Parker is all about.
This means so much to me, thank you so much!

I've seen your name plenty in the server (I don't get why you haven't been granted veteran role just yet since you seem to be an avid enough member of the community)

Either way everyone's patience here will be rewarded, just this morning I got word on a status update on the teaser, not going into any further detail, I'll say it's looking INSANELY

Spectacular even!

I don't want be self indulgent because there's obviously going to be some level of bias here, but for a 2D animated fan project with a shoestring budget, we've reached heights that shouldn't even be possible.

The animation quality I'll describe (from what's done) is just above the scale of Marvel's Spider-Man 2017 (Describing the actual movement here, not the visuals, shading, compositing etc) with visuals that are on par with the official show. Again for a fan project this is an accomplishment.

Even the later seasons of Young Justice, the budget being sliced in half was felt as the show strayed away from high octane action and cut as many corners as physically possible, that's not felt here. Atleast I personally don't get that impression from the material provided. Then again what I've seen is very early, but from what's being done here the animators show ambitious and aren't in anyway taking the easy way out.

Years back we released a teaser featuring the Spider-Man foe Jack O'Lantern which we opted to experiment the idea of making the project into a detailed animatic opposed to full animation to accommodate for our smaller team, which we then got a fair number of complaints for, saying the animation was too stiff and felt cheap. We proceeded to step back on the decision, wishing to deliver the most authentic experience possible.

Did it pay off? You tell me! Whenever it finally goes live

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Years back we released a teaser featuring the Spider-Man foe Jack O'Lantern which we opted to experiment the idea of making the project into a detailed animatic opposed to full animation to accommodate for our smaller team, which we then got a fair number of complaints for, saying the animation was too stiff and felt cheap. We proceeded to step back on the decision, wishing to deliver the most authentic experience possible.

Did it pay off? You tell me! Whenever it finally goes live
That's awesome you're still able to receive information to share, and that the team are going to provide something sensational, keep the positive vibes coming, we'll be patient longer.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've noticed the instagram account for the project is gone, or at least it's not showing up on my end

Oh, wait, never mind, I wasn't logged in

Last edited:

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Instagram released a short teaser, there's been a few delays but the trailer premiere is approaching

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also please for the love of GOD don't take this and run with "Oh TSSMC's got some drama going on too, it's another Lotus, TNASC, TNASC (The other one)" or whatever the hell. It's not a big deal and isn't worth anyone getting cancelled over
Without saying much about what's going on or what I've learned...

...This aged well.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Updates from the discord

Work is slowly progressing, the teaser they're putting together faces some delays because of people having to choose between the project and other life commitments, and understandably opting for the latter. They have also expressed interest in going for a motion comic if all else fails,, but for now, the animation remains their goal.

Top Bottom