• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Song Remains the Same: Led Zeppelin live

Okay, Neglify has it now, I hope the admins will enjoy the work :) Also, if the First Cuts are too much of a legal hassle, I will revert back to the original film for those two songs with pleasure if that could help the situation. Sad really, because seeing Robert Plant singing is MUCH BETTER than watching him doing Lord Of The Rings. (Especially much better for Robert's sake I should add).

So the admins have put their heads together have decided it is acceptable to use "The First Cuts" for this project.

If any questions or disagreements with this, send me a PM. Refrain from getting off-topic in the forums.

(And if anybody questions why we don't want "Own the Source" discussions in the forums, send me a PM. I'm always glad to answer your questions.)

Now. Let there be rock.

I just tought of this movie again, and I think I may have an argument for it's movie status. This movie is NOT a concert movie. It is a complete fakery. It is not an actual concert experience, nobody in the NY audience heard what we're hearing in this movie (the Pro Tools editing), and noone saw it too (the band is miming sometimes). Most of the backstage footage weren't even shot in New York at all, but in pittsburgh or seattle. And I'm not even talking about the bombastic egotism experience that are the fantasy sequences.

It is my opinion that this is not a concert movie, not a music video, but a movie with far too much in it.

For fun, this is a source breakdown:

Rock and Roll
Visuals: 2007 DVD - Main movie

Celebration Day
Visuals: 2007 DVD - Cutting Copy bonus

Black Dog:
Visuals: 2003 DVD
except
Bring it on Home" Intro -> the first "...make you groove" from 2007 DVD - Main movie
Last chord to the end from 2007 DVD - Main Movie

Over The Hills and Far Away
Visuals: 2007 DVD - Bonus

Misty Mountain Hop
Visuals: 2007 DVD - Bonus (same as 2003 DVD)

Since I've Been Loving You
Visuals: 2003 DVD

No Quarter
Visuals: 2007 DVD - Main Movie

The Song Remains The Same
except
Unreleased uncropped footage from First Cuts VHS

Rain Song
Visuals: Unreleased uncropped footage from First Cuts VHS
except
fantasy sequence from 2007 DVD - Main Movie

Dazed and Confused
except
8mm footage from 29th

Stairway To Heaven

Moby Dick:

Heartbreaker
except
backstage footage from 2003 DVD menu

Whole Lotta Love

The Ocean
Visuals: 2007 DVD - Bonus (same as 2003 DVD)
except
ending from 2007 DVD - Main Movie

Review.

Summary -

This is a rocking good time! A must-see for any Zeppelin fans.

A/V Quality - 9/10

A number of different quality sources were used and it's obvious when it switches between. But the audio quality makes up for it in strides. And overall, excellent quality for the size of the file.

Editing - 10/10

No issues with anything. Like I said, it's obvious when lower quality footage has been cut in, but it's well executed and nothing felt jarring to me.

Narrative & Enjoyment - 9

I enjoyed this immensely. I only watched The Song Remains The Same once many years ago. I wasn't too big into their live stuff then, actually I think this film was the first live set I had heard. And I was turned off by the long fantasy sequences. This new cut remains focused on the concert and goes into fantasy land only when it can't be avoided.

Recommended drink: Black Dog

approvedpl.png

Neglify told me you were stuck for a DVD cover. Allow a fellow Zep fan to oblige...

(^ Click image to see fullsize cover)

^ Gone for that classic 70s LP cover vibe with a little help from some poster-art from never-released Hammer Horror movies :p. An evening spent working on a DVD cover with Zep 2&3 and 'Physical Graffiti' coming full blast out of the stereo is an evening well spent IMO :-D.

Let me know if I've ballsed anything up (Like spelling the name of the band on the cover "Lead Zepellin" or something).

Wow, nice cover.

TM2YC said:
Neglify told me you were stuck for a DVD cover. Allow a fellow Zep fan to oblige...

This is f*****g awesome :) ! Thank you, thank you, thannnnnk you! You really have a greta talent, I hope the edit is worth it :) Thank you again and again ! :)

eckoes said:
This is f*****g awesome :) ! Thank you, thank you, thannnnnk you! You really have a greta talent, I hope the edit is worth it :) Thank you again and again ! :)

Glad you like it, most of the credit is down to that amazing 1971 Hammer Horror teaser-poster painting that I chanced upon while googleing Zeppelin related images for inspiration...

zepptero.jpg

^ I wish they had made that ^ movie! :) I just had to extend the painting, paint out the original graphics and add my own.

TM2YC said:
Glad you like it, most of the credit is down to that amazing 1971 Hammer Horror teaser-poster painting that I chanced upon while googleing Zeppelin related images for inspiration...

I hope you will appreciate the movie too once released :) (should happen on Monday if everything goes fine)

DLC has been submitted to Info, PM me if you can't find it :oops:

"True Fanedit" is an old term. It IS a Fanedit. But it's a Special Project as an IFDB category.

Here's a banner for the fanedit (I like to do banners for any and all covers I do) and congrats on getting approved.

12443869885_6c3fd881a6_o.jpg

TM2YC said:
Here's a banner for the fanedit (I like to do banner for any and all covers I do) and congrats on getting approved.

Thank you a million time :)

awesome back cover. mankind's future in space needs to look exactly like that.

Watching this reminds me that someone should do a full edit of Freddie Mercury tribute.

It's too bad that they never put out the full uncut concert. One of my favorite parts is when they did Louie Louie!

It is a pity, really, I agree with you Dakbykayk. Problem is licencing. Jimmy Page cannot edit the movie, nor anyone from the band camp. Maybe one day? :)

As for Louie Louie, I think you might be mistaken. According to Eddie Edwards from the Garden Tapes, who carefuly studied all the recordings of the three Madison Square Garden shows recorded that night (July 27, 28 and 29 1973), Louie Louie wasn't played. The setlist for those three nights were as followed:

1."Rock and Roll"
2."Celebration Day"
3."Black Dog"
4."Over the Hills and Far Away"
5."Misty Mountain Hop"
6."Since I've Been Loving You"
7."No Quarter"
8."The Song Remains the Same"
9."The Rain Song"
10."Dazed and Confused"
11."Stairway to Heaven"
12."Moby Dick"
13."Heartbreaker"
14."Whole Lotta Love"

Encore:
15."The Ocean"
16."Thank You" (July 29th only)

The only missing song is Thank You. A soundboard recording of it exists, but so far it has not been reported to have been recorded by Eddie Kramer (probably was), it's not that great (the band plays it but it has not been played for a while and it shows), couldn't be fixed (no alternate dates to fix the now-very-tired Robert Plant vocals), and footage has to exists (which is doubtful, cameramens probably missed it, like they did for half of the concerts).

But yeah, it was played at the L.A. Forum on 25 June 1972. The show was recorded (but not filmed) and it was released on the 2003 CD How The West Was Won, sadly without Louie Louie inside. You can find it an a bootleg I think.

Hi eckoes! I specifically joined this forum to communique with the brains behind TSRTS redux! I wasnt expecting the fantasy sequences to be left in, thought it was spose to be strictly LIVE 100% but lo and behold! The movie turns out very powerful with them left in! I was blown away when you sync'd Heartbreaker with the "chase"scene!
Coming from a life long Zep fan, incredible job man!

Back
Top Bottom