• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Six Million Dollar Man

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All the legel rights issues have finally been resolved!

The greatest action adventure series of the 1970s is finally coming to DVD!!!!!! :lol:

THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN and THE BIONIC WOMAN will finally get a Region One release this FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Universal Studios is releasing THE BIONIC WOMAN, with street date of October 19!

Time Life will releasing THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN.
The release date has not been announced yet, but one can expect it will closely coincide with the BW release.

The real cool part, with past Time Life releases, you could always buy the entire series collection immediately instead of waiting for
season set releases monthes apart from each other. Also, Time Life does an incredible job cleaning up old series and creating excellent bonus material.
:grin: :grin: :-D :-D :D

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok BIONICBob, I have to ask... do you have any plans for fanedits based on this series?
If so, what? the entire bigfoot arch? going from Andre the Giant to Ted Kennedy? or the Death Probe?

If you were to re-make it as a hollywood film, what would be your cast?
here's mine:
How about Chris Pine as Steve Austin?.
Pierce Brosnan as Oscar Goldman,
Alan Arkin as Dr Rudy Wells?
Directed by JJ Abrams.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hhhmmmmm.....

I seem to rekall us doing a thread about this a few years ago.... :smile:

I do have a couple of Bionic Edits planned... hee hee!!!

After watching THE HUMAN TARGET season finale a few months back,
I thought MARK VALLEY and AMY ACKER would make a good STEVE AUSTIN and JAIME SUMMERS.

But for the Big Screen with an unlimited budget.....

Some people might think this is crazy
but I think BEN AFFLECK and JENNIFER GARDNER would make a good bionic couple.

For some reason, I think PETER WELLER would be a cool and yet dangerous OSCAR GOLDMAN.
I think I would change RUDY WELLS gender (thus, Oscar and Ruby are the bionic parents) and would
choose either CCH Pounder or Alfre Woodard.

For a movie of such movie of such epid awesomeness it would require the brillaint genius of BOTH JJ Abrams and James Cameron!!!! :grin:

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok. then how about this for casting:
Will Smith: Steve Austin
Jeff Bridges as Oscar Goldman
Ben Kingsly as Dr Rudy Wells
Kate Beckinsale as Jamie Summers
Shaq as Bigfoot

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will Smith?!!!?

Well, I guess he has the bionic ears already! :lol:

No, keep Mr. Smith away from my beloved Bionic memories. Will Smith is one of my favorite actors, but he already raped my childhood once with the WILD WILD WEST :lol:

Honestly, I would prefer the SMDM return as weekly dramatic action sci-fi series. It has so much mythology to tap into, that a big feature every 3 or 4 years would be too much for me to stand.

Imagine, the SMDM, now retitled simply CYBORG, as big budget 13 episode HBO series.
With the right showrunner and production team, this show would rock!
Have each season be one epic storyline, like BUFFY used to be.... resolve the A story each episode while the B story builds to the climatic season ender!

How about Ryan Reynolds as Steve Austin? He seems destined to play every superhero!
Or how about Tom Hanks as Oscar Goldman?
And Tyler Mane as Bigfoot! :grin:

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SixMillionDollarMan_Complete.png

Pretty decent looking box set ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I ordered my set last week ago! Counting down til November!!!!!:clock:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Season One of THE BIONIC WOMAN was released today.
I got my copy, did you get yours???

Hopefully Universal won't drop the ball of this one. They have a bad track record of releasing first seasons but never following through with the remainder.

Now the real countdown begins....
Four weeks until the release of THE COMPLETE SERIES of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN!:rockon:

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love your enthusiasm about this. I've been tempted to check it out before, but this might just push me over the edge.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theslime said:
I love your enthusiasm about this. I've been tempted to check it out before, but this might just push me over the edge.

Just make sure you pick the right episode for your First Exposure.

Like any series, there are a few stinkers. Plus, it was the 1970s.....

But first season dvd set of The Bionic Woman is a great intro to the whole Bionic Universe,
as the dvd set includes the original SMDM eps that introduce the Jaime Sommers.
Just plug your ears when Lee Majors sings.:bounce:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Already about half way through the Bionic Woman season set.
So far, mostly very happy.

If you have only ever seen the series in syndication on TVLand, Sci-Fi or your local cable channel,
WOW... all I can say is the picture quality is amazing for a 30plus year old show.
After decades of watching a washed out, fuzzy picture, it is like going from regular DVD to BLUE RAY!
The colours are bright, the picture image is sharp... they did a great job restoring the series.

The commentaries are pretty good, some interesting behind scenes memories.
The one little documentary is decent.

But as usual, Univeral was lazy in the packaging.
No information/episode booklet.
No information/episodes listed on the individual dvds!!!

So if you are looking for specific episode to watch, you have to put each dvd in and wait for the menu to come up!
Very sloppy.
I don't know if this is standard practice for all Universal dvds,
though my Essential Incredible Hulk dvd set came the same way.
Very frustrating!

Hopefully Time Life does a better job with the SMDM collection.
3 Weeks and counting....:icon_e_biggrin:

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
But as usual, Univeral was lazy in the packaging.
No information/episode booklet.
No information/episodes listed on the individual dvds!!!

So if you are looking for specific episode to watch, you have to put each dvd in and wait for the menu to come up!
Very sloppy.
I don't know if this is standard practice for all Universal dvds,
though my Essential Incredible Hulk dvd set came the same way.
Very frustrating!

I bought the five individual Hulk boxes and the eps are listed on each individual case sleeve. I guess the megabox just has a pile of discs with no cases, right? PM me your email and I'll send you a listing of eps/discs.

Top Bottom