• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Six Million Dollar Man

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am so giddy with excitement...
I feel like Homer Simpson when he is happy... Tee hee hee!

Two weeks to go....

Here's another little tease....

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last evening after dinner, my doorbell rang!
It was my fellow Postie buddy Mike working overtime delivering Parcels.

And guess what he had for me?!!??!!

Over 30 years of waiting have all paid off....
This is the Third Happiest Day of my Life!

So far I have only had the chance to watch a couple of the documentaries,
but I am thoroughly impressed by everything I have seen so far.
The packaging is amazing! The restoration of the video is fantastic! The bonus features are incredible!
Time Life really delivered!!!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Those Germans have done it again!

Another classic adventure tv show has been HD remastered!

Review... apparently the blu rays are not region locked!!!

So tempting!!!  :D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So after doing further research, I have learned that the 106 episodes and movies are on only 12 Blu Rays.  Yes, an old 4x3 1970s series has a lot less information than modern shows, but still, up to TEN EPISODES per disk ,is a lot of compression.  :s

But the site DVDBeaver gave it a positive review and the posted screen caps look good...
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-ray_reviews_63/the_six_million_dollar_man_blu-ray.htm

Though after reading through the Blu Ray Forum, I learned that these are not the original uncut broadcast episodes as on the Time Life collection.  These are the Universal syndication package episodes, so they are all slightly edited/trimmed.  Plus, some episodes are further slightly edited to meet German Broadcast Standards.   And because they are using the syndication package, some episodes are missing... for example, the classic three part KILL OSCAR (my absolute favourite episodes!) is absent because it is part of the Bionic Woman syndication package.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=310316

So, less tempting now.....

However, France's Elephant Films is supposed to be preparing a SMDM HD series release too.... hhhmmmm....  :p

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
So after doing further research, I have learned that the 106 episodes and movies are on only 12 Blu Rays.  Yes, an old 4x3 1970s series has a lot less information than modern shows, but still, up to TEN EPISODES per disk ,is a lot of compression.  :s

But the site DVDBeaver gave it a positive review and the posted screen caps look good...
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-ray_reviews_63/the_six_million_dollar_man_blu-ray.htm

Though after reading through the Blu Ray Forum, I learned that these are not the original uncut broadcast episodes as on the Time Life collection.  These are the Universal syndication package episodes, so they are all slightly edited/trimmed.  Plus, some episodes are further slightly edited to meet German Broadcast Standards.   And because they are using the syndication package, some episodes are missing... for example, the classic three part KILL OSCAR (my absolute favourite episodes!) is absent because it is part of the Bionic Woman syndication package.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=310316

So, less tempting now.....

However, France's Elephant Films is supposed to be preparing a SMDM HD series release too.... hhhmmmm....  :p

Yeah, I've read into all this too Bob.  I am holding back until someone brings out a definitive set on more discs (less compression).  Also, if a company like Network on Air (a UK based company who have done some incredible remasters - mostly on UK shows though) could get hold of the original negatives, the series would get a frame by frame restoration which would look incredible.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something like that may eventually happen for Six Million Dollar Man.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't see this 6-million spoof from 90s sketch show 'Goodness Gracious Me' anywhere on the internet, I thought it might be enjoyed by Steve Austin fans:

(Password: fanedit.org)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SHOUT FACTORY will releasing the Greatest Adventure Series EVER on Blu Ray this July!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YMTKH8..._p4CPJ0i4nPA4Ka2lCrZg0Ck0plyv_Ef9vgmW2yzJSeik

Still awaiting specific details such as is the a brand new transfer or the German one?
Is it the original televised episodes or the edited syndicated package ones?
Will it include the Bionic Woman crossover episodes?
New bonus features? Will the old BF from the Time Life set be included?

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SHOUT FACTORY will releasing the Greatest Adventure Series EVER on Blu Ray this July!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YMTKH8..._p4CPJ0i4nPA4Ka2lCrZg0Ck0plyv_Ef9vgmW2yzJSeik

Still awaiting specific details such as is the a brand new transfer or the German one?
Is it the original televised episodes or the edited syndicated package ones?
Will it include the Bionic Woman crossover episodes?
New bonus features? Will the old BF from the Time Life set be included?
Man, I should've waited just A LITTLE BIT longer before springing for the DVD set.

Does this mean some HD remakes of your earlier Cyborg edits? Updated ones? More ideas you didn't explore before? You've probably got six million ideas, don't you?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does this mean some HD remakes of your earlier Cyborg edits? Updated ones? More ideas you didn't explore before? You've probably got six million ideas, don't you?

Yes, I do plan on going back and rebuilding my CYBORG series... hopefully making them faster, stronger, better than they were before!

Now if only Universal or La La Land Records would do a release of the Oliver Nelson soundtrack, and life would be bionically perfect! lol

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The first "professional" review is in....

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10...AsPObfz4CWFzD7HsmgBBghaPRaOcbDftHVM2MtNkPUu3k

Pretty much what I expected. Sounds like they are using the Universal remasters that was on the recent German release, except less episodes per disc, so less compression issues which is a definite bonus.

Sadly, not all of the Time Life bonus materials were ported over for this new release -- no LEE MAJORS interviews. :cry:

Still, this is a no brainer buy for me. Pre-ordered it a while back, and while scheduled for a wide release this Tuesday, being in Canada it will probably be late lol.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
qsrjELCm.jpg

THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN on Blu Ray!!!

Found this beauty waiting for me upon my return from vacation. Randomly watched multiple episodes, and over all I am impressed though it is not perfect.

While this new set is released by Shout Factory, the actual HD upgrade was supplied by Universal. From what I can tell, Universal used the same prints from the Time Life standard definition collection that was released over a decade ago. So any inherent quality issues that existed in that set still exist here. For example, the episode Return of the Death Probe Part Two still has a scene that is mostly out of focus and of lower video quality than the rest of the episode.

With that said, this new release is a bionic leap forward in picture detail quality. SMDM was always a high grain show, especially when compared to it’s much cleaner spin-off Bionic Woman, and that esthetic is maintained with this release. If there is any DNR it is minimal. So if you expect your HD remaster to be crystal sharp and clean, this is not the show for you.

The colour timing is better on this set. The majority of the audio sounds solid to my uneducated ear, though there are some issues on the Bionic Woman crossover episodes. Shout Factory released a statement that attempts will be made to correct this on the BW Blu Ray release. We shall see….

The menus on the blu ray set are disappointing. They look cheap and uninspired. The Time Life menus are superior in every way. And as has already been reported, a large number of the incredible Time Life bonus features were not ported over to this new set, including the Lee Majors interview. So I will definitely be keeping my Time Life DVDs solely for those extras.

All in all, this new Blu Ray set succeeds in the most important areas—picture and sound quality. Universal has made the show stronger, faster and better!

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
qsrjELCm.jpg

THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN on Blu Ray!!!

Found this beauty waiting for me upon my return from vacation. Randomly watched multiple episodes, and over all I am impressed though it is not perfect.

While this new set is released by Shout Factory, the actual HD upgrade was supplied by Universal. From what I can tell, Universal used the same prints from the Time Life standard definition collection that was released over a decade ago. So any inherent quality issues that existed in that set still exist here. For example, the episode Return of the Death Probe Part Two still has a scene that is mostly out of focus and of lower video quality than the rest of the episode.

With that said, this new release is a bionic leap forward in picture detail quality. SMDM was always a high grain show, especially when compared to it’s much cleaner spin-off Bionic Woman, and that esthetic is maintained with this release. If there is any DNR it is minimal. So if you expect your HD remaster to be crystal sharp and clean, this is not the show for you.

The colour timing is better on this set. The majority of the audio sounds solid to my uneducated ear, though there are some issues on the Bionic Woman crossover episodes. Shout Factory released a statement that attempts will be made to correct this on the BW Blu Ray release. We shall see….

The menus on the blu ray set are disappointing. They look cheap and uninspired. The Time Life menus are superior in every way. And as has already been reported, a large number of the incredible Time Life bonus features were not ported over to this new set, including the Lee Majors interview. So I will definitely be keeping my Time Life DVDs solely for those extras.

All in all, this new Blu Ray set succeeds in the most important areas—picture and sound quality. Universal has made the show stronger, faster and better!
So you’re saying there will be HD upgrades to your previous Cyborg edits lol?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So you’re saying there will be HD upgrades to your previous Cyborg edits lol?
Maybe. Probably.
I have made notes on redoing the first one. If that is a fun experience, I may do more. ;)

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While this new set is released by Shout Factory, the actual HD upgrade was supplied by Universal. From what I can tell, Universal used the same prints from the Time Life standard definition collection that was released over a decade ago.
So, are they finally the original broadcast episodes or the altered syndication cuts?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So...there will be HD upgrades to your Cyborg edits?

Time is my enemy.
The days of me having the free time to pump out a new fan edit every few weeks is long gone.
I want to do it. I hope to do it. I have notes for redoing the CYBORG.
But I have notes for many possible future fan edits.
It is mostly comes down to what project inspires me next. ;)
Speaking of .... I really need to go back to FINISH my Crisis on Earth X fan edit, still sitting half done on the old harddrive from a year ago... d'oh!

Last edited:
Top Bottom