• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Silent Cartographer: Evolved for Halo Custom Edition

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I usually only post about fan edits or books, but people here might be interested in a Halo mod I released with some friends after a whole lot of work. In a way, it's a "fan edit" of the original Silent Cartographer level from Halo 1. Same general plot, but so many changes that it's very much its own thing by this point.

In addition to being lead environment artist on the project, I filmed and edited the trailer, which was a blast to work on:

From our website (tsce.info):
The Silent Cartographer: Evolved is a ground-up reimagining of the classic Halo level. Along with an almost entirely custom content base, including high-fidelity models, textures, animations, visual effects, and sound design, TSC:E features all-new environments, a finely-tuned gameplay sandbox, and a wide array of well-hidden secrets.

Upon its release in 2015, TSC:E became the highest-rated map ever on Halomaps, and was soon accompanied by a complete and fully-documented release of all source assets and scripts. These have served as a foundation for numerous further Custom Edition mods.

Six years later, core TSC:E developers Teh Lag, Ifafudafi, and Siliconmaster have returned with a new patch. Along with over 100 bugfixes and feature improvements, patch 1.4 offers an updated source release with stock Custom Edition- and Master Chief Collection-compatible versions of nearly every source asset. We've even used the source release's bonus assets to include two new maps: the "Precipice (H1 Spirit)" multiplayer map, and the "Truth & Reconciliation: Revisited" campaign map!

The mod requires Halo Custom Edition (updated to version 1.10) as well as the fan-made Open Sauce addon - all included in our installation pack. You'll need a Halo 1 PC CD key to get Custom Edition installed.

Learn more and check out download links at tsce.info!

No freakin way, was not expecting to see this here honestly. Have played through TSCE many times, absolutely wonderful trailer. Gave me that giddy feeling inside watching it. Can't believe theres still updates coming for it.

No freakin way, was not expecting to see this here honestly. Have played through TSCE many times, absolutely wonderful trailer. Gave me that giddy feeling inside watching it. Can't believe theres still updates coming for it.
Aw, thanks! It's wonderful to hear that people remember us and enjoyed our work. Hopefully the new version is a fun treat!

P.S. Make sure to check out the dropdown changelist at the top of our website - it's quite a lot of items!

Thanks! It's fantastic to hear that our work was remembered and loved. Hopefully, the updated version will be a lot of fun!

Back
Top Bottom