• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Shadow Strikes!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailers From Hell:

Nice to see this fun underrated flick getting some much deserved love. :)

Last edited:

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Nice to see this fun underrated flick getting some much deserved love.  :)

@"bionicbob" , your Shadow Strikes is how I found FE.org! Thirsty for more of The Shadow, I searched and happily found your edit. I hope they'll make another film. And release any-and-all unused footage from the 1994 film, enabling us to really go to town on expanding the original.

Somewhat off-topic: I've always preferred The Shadow's background to Batman's. The avenging repented criminal versus the revenging victim of a heinous crime.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
And release any-and-all unused footage from the 1994 film, enabling us to really go to town on expanding the original.

Not certain if that will ever happen or even if there are any.   Shout Factory's Collector's Edition is the most definitive release thus far and even it is lacking in deleted scenes.  The only alternate scene that I know of appears in Taylor Dayne's music video Original Sin which shows the Shadow on the bridge with a CGI cape.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpWfd1BNkQ[/video]
...at the 4min20sec mark.

I still kick myself that I didn't lift that shot for the edit.   :p

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for sharing. I didn't know that clip.

It's never too late for an update! :angel:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
APRIL 2021 is the 90th ANIVERSARY of the publication of the first issue of THE SHADOW MAGAZINE!

To mark the occasion, I have re-uploaded my old The Shadow Strikes! fan edit to Vimeo. An imperfect edit but fun to make. One day, if/when Real Life allows, I would love to do a full colour Redux Edit sourced from the gorgeous Shout Factory Blu Ray.

But until then, if anyone is interested in watching my B-Movie version of 1994 flick, they can PM me.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank You to @Nightwing8587 for your review. Glad you enjoyed the 1930s serial style, it was fun to make.

If you liked this fan edit, then I highly recommend you check out @lapis molari THE SHADOW KNOWS. (y) :giggle:

Last edited:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANK YOU to @g.d.1985 for their very in-depth review!

If you would like to see another take on this movie, but in COLOUR, I highly recommend @lapis molari THE SHADOW KNOWS.
I particularly love how Lapis revealed The Shadow's origin in his version.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@BuffShipper THANK YOU so much for you posted review.

I agree, the original colour version is glorious looking. It is one of those movies I can easily watch with the sound off and just be in awe of the incredible old school production design. One unfortunate thing that left me frustrated when making The Shadow black & white was Professor Lane's colour blindness gag does not land very well. But overall, I really had fun making my STRIKES! fan edits. Maybe one day I will try my hand at a new one or do an HD Redux.....
Who knows.... ? 😁

BuffShipper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@BuffShipper THANK YOU so much for you posted review.

I agree, the original colour version is glorious looking. It is one of those movies I can easily watch with the sound off and just be in awe of the incredible old school production design. One unfortunate thing that left me frustrated when making The Shadow black & white was Professor Lane's colour blindness gag does not land very well. But overall, I really had fun making my STRIKES! fan edits. Maybe one day I will try my hand at a new one or do an HD Redux.....
Who knows.... ? 😁
You're so very welcome! 😊

Top Bottom