• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Shadow Strikes!

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally watched it. Really enjoyed it! I'll post a review soonishly.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANKS Vultural for the review.

I think the fluctuating black and white quality is in part due to the source material. Some scenes are clean and sharp, many others are grainy and dark. It makes it tricky to make the B&W consistent throughout the edit. Also, I did add scratches to many transition scenes, which I thought was a cool idea, but upon reflection and feedback, may have been a poor creative choice. As for the audio.... well, it's a Bionic Bob edit..... nuff said. :p LOL!

Look forward to your thoughts Ripplin! :)

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
. . . As for the audio.... well, it's a Bionic Bob edit..... nuff said. :p LOL!

I was watching it while my bride was reading. Now and then she would cast her eye and ask, "Is that Jonathan Winters?" or "Peter Boyle? Ian McKellan?" then "Is this one of your winners?"
I reminded her we saw it when it came out.
Still, every time an action scene hit (chase, explosion, fisticuffs) there would be reactionary throat clearing and book slapping shut in exasperation.
So headphones it was.
Troublemaker.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ That's so funny. :lol: I have had the identical situation with my bride many times. LOL!

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm watching a pinball documentary called "Special When Lit" and take a look at this screengrab I made...

uvd3.png

Didn't know there was one. Cool, huh?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a good doc.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep, it's making me pine for the arcades of yore.

Here's another shot:

ip2r.png

Not to get off-topic again (but I am anyway), but I do kinda wonder what the people in the doc think of video pinball. I have tons of them and love them. For me, it's the closest I can get to playing real pinball short of driving nearly two hours to Dave & Buster's. But they all have ready access to real tables, so it's probably meaningless to them. I would like to think that they at least applaud the efforts of getting some form of it out there.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ripplin said:
I'm watching a pinball documentary called "Special When Lit" and take a look at this screengrab I made...

uvd3.png

Didn't know there was one. Cool, huh?

Baldwin looks like he needs a shave.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So it is official, Shout Factory will be releasing a COLLECTORS EDITION of the The Shadow in January.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/node/218837

Though no details on what will make this release so Collectable. It would be so cool if they restored the bridge scene with the Shadow's cloak!

Also, in self-promotion/related news, I will announcing a new Black & White STRIKES! fan edit very shortly ITW....
Stay tuned! :D

skyled

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh boy I hope you're tackling The Phantom. Somebody was but it seems like they stopped. Although The Phantom is gorgeous so I do have mixed feelings about a B&W edit if that is the case...

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
. . . Also, in self-promotion/related news, I will announcing a new Black & White STRIKES! fan edit very shortly ITW....
Stay tuned! :D

Wait a minute.
Wasn't Strikes already in black & white?
Mine was, What is ... Huh?

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Wait a minute.
Wasn't Strikes already in black & white?
Mine was, What is ... Huh?

Not all B&W "STRIKES" edits need to be "THE SHADOW STRIKES!"

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A B&W Kingpin, eh?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think most of you guessed it....

5kme.jpg

COMING SOON! :)

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What a great franchise.
The Phantom Strikes!
The Hobbit Strikes!
The Zombie Next Door Strikes!
Bob Hope Strikes!

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
I think most of you guessed it....

5kme.jpg

COMING SOON! :)

Knew it! This is my favorite of the 90s pulp adaptations. I can't wait to see it through bionic eyes! :)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hell yeah baby! Great choice Bob... will look forward to this for sure :)

Top Bottom