• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Sensational Spider-Man (TASM 1&2 Hybrid) by samspider3

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now that The Amazing Spider-Man "franchise" has been officially cancelled, I was thinking on working on a Fan Edit (based on my first Amazing Spider-Man Fan Edit, of course) where I could combine some stuff from Amazing Spider-Man 2 and put them into the first one.

Personally, I would like to keep my first fan edit alone because i'm pretty much happy with it, but now that the franchise has been cancelled, i don't have problemos with continuity anymore.

The Proposed Changes for this Fan Edit are:

-First, I would like to conclude Peter's Parents story, since I have always thought it should have ended in the first one instead of finishing it in the sequel.

-To give the story of the parents a closure, i have the Idea of introducing Harry Osborn scenes from the second movie, where he talks with Peter and talks about the investigation of Richard Parker. Also, I don't want to use Harry's scenes just to go forward with the story, but to have genuine character development in his relationship with Peter.

-Harry's sickness is not the point of the story anymore as in the second movie. In fact, there is no sickness with Harry at all. This is because I don't want loose ends and no stuff for a "next" movie. The Story will be more self concluded.

-Peter actually breaks up with Gwen and he does not try to be with her at the end of the film.

-The last change I want to make is to replace the "final swing" with the confrontation with Rhino at the end of ASM2, so this way it will have better closure and it will make the audience believe this is the beginning of the Superhero we all know. 3 months will have past to justify the change of the suit. I think the idea is kind of awesome :).

If you have any suggestions, i can take them, because I actually don't want to make the movie that long, or even reach 2 hours and 20 minutes. I have always believed Spider-Man movies should not have a length superior to 2 hours and 10 minutes. Also, i'm searching for a name. Organic Eggs Edition 2.0, maybe.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool, I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

If you're going for a standalone approach, I recommend changing the title completely to, for example, "The Sensational Spider-Man"

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good News people: This project has been working very well IMHO. Too bad I can't do anything with the lenght but anyways, I think this fan edit will feel very complete. I'm going to tell you the list of Changes.

Remember: I'm using my Organic Eggs Edition and Sparkles Edition as base, so some things from the Original movie are not in this Fan Edit. If you have not seen my Fan Edit, you can read some of the changes I made on IFDB :).

-Harry comes back to New York after a long time. This scene takes place after Peter talks to Gwen for the first time. Then we go to the scene where Peter goes home and Uncle Ben talks about the water in the basement.

-During the investigation montage of OSCORP, Richard Parker and Curt Connors, Peter will search for a little bit about "Roosevelt" but without success.

-When Peter enters OSCORP, I used some footage of Chris Cooper as Osborn instead of the shadowy silhouete they used in the first movie.

-After talking to Dr. Connors about his parents and the Decay algorythm, Peter visits Harry. They seem very happy for seeing each other and Harry talks about what he has been doing. Then we go to the Scene where Peter plays basketball with Flash

-During the scene where Peter sees for the first time his inspiration for his Spider-Man mask, I inserted in reverb the voice of Dr. Connors. "Build your own cathedrals". This will help to reforce my Idea of Peter Becoming Spider-Man, not because he was searching Uncle Ben's Killer, but because he is trying to use his powers for something greater. Something better.

-After Connors injects himself with the serum, we go to the scene where Harry talks with sick Norman, who tells him his childhood had to be sacrificed for something greater. Then, he gives Harry his research files. This will lead to Harry seeing all the files all night. Remember: Harry has not the "retroviral hyperplasia" in this version. Then we go to the scene where Connors tries to get Dr. Ratha and then Peter eating with Gwen's family. I cut the scene where Peter talks with the doorman and the scene where Peter gets to Gwen's house by the window to save some time. It's not that important by this momment.

-After the confrontation at the bridge, Harry calls Peter telling him he needs to see him at OSCORP. Then we go to the scene where Captain Stacy is talking about arresting Spider-Man. Peter talks to Gwen about why he has to be Spider-Man and then we go to OSCORP, where Peter talks to Harry and he shows him the files. Because I used my ASM2 version, it will look like OSCORP was watching Peter's moves, even when he entered to the Spider room. After the Conversation, Peter leaves in silence, takes the elevator and goes to Dr. Connors floor to talk about the Lizard creature.

-I Cut the scene where Connors talks to his son. It's actually an important scene somehow because it shows Connors evolution as character, but it will seem like his son appeared like magic even when his character was not even mentioned. Also, we save time by doing this. After Peter finishes talking to Connors, he watches him secretly to know what's he doing.

-Peter talking to Captain Stacy about Dr. Connors scene was cut because it did not add anything, we don't see Stacy searching about Dr. Connors as it looks like at the end of the scene. We save some time by doing this.

-After Connors Scene in the sewers, Peter talks to Aunt May about his parents because May knows something and she never said anything to him. Then we jump to the scene where Peter confronts the Lizard in the school.

-After breaking up with Gwen, he gets angry and destroy his notes about his father's investigation, then he discovers the Roosevelt mystery and goes to the subway to see his father message.

-After Peter knows the truth of his father, we jump to a scene where they announce Norman Osborn died and Harry becomes the new OSCORP's CEO. We see a little bit of Harry as the head of the company talking to his lawyers and Menken. Harry never becomes a bad guy. After this, Peter hears Uncle Ben's voice mail.

-3 Months Later have passed after this. A new threat has come to town: Rhino. Spider-Man comes with his new suit now that he is well known now and the movie closes with him fighting Rhino, being this the beginning of implied future villains, risks and dangers.

-Middle Credit scene was cut. His father story was solved in the movie. We don't need this anymore.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very interesting, however I urge you to add at least some of the plane scene , probably to the beginning. It is shown there that Richard and Mary ran away from something (we learn later it's Oscorp) and they're uploadimg the proof video to the secret lab just in case something happens to them before they land and present the video to the officials I guess. And then something happens and the plane crashes. It's qan important scene so removing it will make people think "What is the video uploaded here for? Peter? Also why didn't they show it to the government or something?" All are answered in the plane scene and I think you should include it. It's your edit though so you are the one to decide.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Very interesting, however I urge you to add at least some of the plane scene , probably to the beginning. It is shown there that Richard and Mary ran away from something (we learn later it's Oscorp) and they're uploadimg the proof video to the secret lab just in case something happens to them before they land and present the video to the officials I guess. And then something happens and the plane crashes. It's qan important scene so removing it will make people think "What is the video uploaded here for? Peter? Also why didn't they show it to the government or something?" All are answered in the plane scene and I think you should include it. It's your edit though so you are the one to decide.

If I include this scene, I would cut some things to go a little bit faster. I don't really want to make the sequence that long. But for now, I believe this Fan Edit is workig excellent. Hopefully, I can get people's interest with this.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:

I used the plane scene now. It was cut a little bit to not make it that long, but it will feel now perfect. Basically it's all what i'm going to do with this Fan Edit. It has a length of 2 hours and 34 minutes with credits. Without them it's 2 hours and 26 minutes. Didn't want to make the movie that long, but anyways, I think it will look Awesome :D

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool, I loved organics eggs but I didn't bother with the second extended cut (for that very reason) this hybrid cut might be the direction it will take for me to watch some of ASM2 again.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, I have made some new changes to this project. First, there is a new opening Sequence. The movie will be called The Sensational Spider-Man (thanks to Masirimso for the Idea). The movie will open with the main James Horner Theme from the first movie, but with the scene where Richard Parker tries to erase all files and kill the Spiders. I have added new sound effects because I took off the original audio from the scene. After this, we will move to the scene where Peter is playing hide and seek.

Second, Peter's ringtone has been changed to the one they used in the second movie. I had some fun doing this. It will sound awesome. Third, I changed the web sound effect used in this movie and replaced it with those which were used in Sam Raimi's Trilogy. Personally, i like a lot more Sam Raimi's web sound effect. Also, it serves as an exercise for me to practice in the sound area.

Third, I wanted to use the altered (by me) footage from my ASM2 fan edit, where Harry shows Peter "recordings of Peter entering the Spider-Room" because this will imply Harry knows Peter is Spidey and this would take us to Harry asking Peter's blood to (one of my ideas that i discarded of course) save his father's life. This scene will be edited to look like Harry is a good friend and knows Peter wanted to know more about his father.

It will be so awesome. It may be a little bit long, but I'm sure it's gonna be sensational. It will be the Definitive Spider-Man Origin Story :D

Nimibro

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A bit of a crazy idea - you can use Chris Cooper as Norman all through the film, and reveal he is sick at the mid-point or even end of the film by showing that the Norman the audience sees is actually the Chameleon. There's plenty of great Osborn footage in Breach, Bourne Identity and Syriana, and perfect footage for Chameleon in Smokin' Aces with Lazlo Soot. Plus the Norman-head prop from ASM2 already looks like a latex mask.

I know it's completely bonkers but it could still be nifty. Plus it can make the "Sickness" reveal more of a suprise, seeing Norman Osborn in good health would take people out of their element + could shed some light on Oscorp's backdoor dealings. It could be incredibly uneccessary as well when i think about it. Maybe you can implement Chris Cooper soundbites as "memos" to Connors/Harry?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have an idea for a funnier easter egg. Instead of Peter's ringtone from the second movie, why don't you change it to James Brown's "People Get Up And Drive Your Funky Soul"? You know, the Peter strut song from Spider-Man 3? I think it would be a hilarious easter egg, and it would make more sense since the ringtone wouldn't exist in a world where Spider-Man doesn't exist yet (in the second movie everyone knows and loves Spidey so it would make sense there). This way it would make much more sense and it would be a hilarious Easter Egg to Spider-Man 3!

Idea from youtube.com/Venom2000000

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nimibro said:
A bit of a crazy idea - you can use Chris Cooper as Norman all through the film, and reveal he is sick at the mid-point or even end of the film by showing that the Norman the audience sees is actually the Chameleon. There's plenty of great Osborn footage in Breach, Bourne Identity and Syriana, and perfect footage for Chameleon in Smokin' Aces with Lazlo Soot. Plus the Norman-head prop from ASM2 already looks like a latex mask.

I know it's completely bonkers but it could still be nifty. Plus it can make the "Sickness" reveal more of a suprise, seeing Norman Osborn in good health would take people out of their element + could shed some light on Oscorp's backdoor dealings. It could be incredibly uneccessary as well when i think about it. Maybe you can implement Chris Cooper soundbites as "memos" to Connors/Harry?

It is actually an interesting idea. But i will have to reject it, sorry. Nothing personal at alll, it is just that my original idea is for this fan edit is to give the film a perfect closure, so I don't want to leave loose ends or clues for a"next film" because it won't have one. Ít will be like "the adventure continue" kind of ending :D.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
I have an idea for a funnier easter egg. Instead of Peter's ringtone from the second movie, why don't you change it to James Brown's "People Get Up And Drive Your Funky Soul"? You know, the Peter strut song from Spider-Man 3? I think it would be a hilarious easter egg, and it would make more sense since the ringtone wouldn't exist in a world where Spider-Man doesn't exist yet (in the second movie everyone knows and loves Spidey so it would make sense there). This way it would make much more sense and it would be a hilarious Easter Egg to Spider-Man 3!

Idea from youtube.com/Venom2000000

It is actually not a bad Idea. I can make some trials to see how it sounds like, but personally, I think i will let Spidey's theme :B.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a final touch to this Fan Edit, I have added a different middle credit scene. Spidey will be watching Gwen to be sure she's okay, but from distance, knowing he cannot be with her again. Then he leaves because of a Building fire and then movie finishes. It will look like that sad and kind of tragic part of being Spider-Man. And done, I think this Fan Edit is over :D

Nimibro

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That could be really neat, although, you could put another scene that connects the film somehow to the MCU for the fun of it - sort of an alternate MCU where this Spidey exists. Maybe use that After-Credits scene from Winter Soldier and replace The Twins with Electro? It would be pretty simple i think - "And the Survivors?" Strucker accesses panel of some sort (Dr. Kafka's maybe) "This is the age of miracles etc. etc." - Electro rises out of Tank.

Plus Strucker mentions "Other Facilities" - Could be a good place to use the Sinister Six Hallway from ASM2.

These are just for fun though, plus you said you want it to be sort of closed-off in it's own universe so maybe it doesn't fit all that well.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nimibro said:
That could be really neat, although, you could put another scene that connects the film somehow to the MCU for the fun of it - sort of an alternate MCU where this Spidey exists. Maybe use that After-Credits scene from Winter Soldier and replace The Twins with Electro? It would be pretty simple i think - "And the Survivors?" Strucker accesses panel of some sort (Dr. Kafka's maybe) "This is the age of miracles etc. etc." - Electro rises out of Tank.

Plus Strucker mentions "Other Facilities" - Could be a good place to use the Sinister Six Hallway from ASM2.

These are just for fun though, plus you said you want it to be sort of closed-off in it's own universe so maybe it doesn't fit all that well.

Well it actually could be a good idea, but probably more for a Video for youtube. Because yes, as I said, I want to make this more like an Stand Alone Spider-Man movie that exists in it's own universe. Sure, it could be fun if we mix it with the Avengers, but this means I would have to work on a "sequel", and I actually don't want to haha.

But hey, maybe I can do something about what you said on a video as i said before. Let me do some experiments :p

Nimibro

Reaction score
Trophy Points
samspider3 said:
Well it actually could be a good idea, but probably more for a Video for youtube. Because yes, as I said, I want to make this more like an Stand Alone Spider-Man movie that exists in it's own universe. Sure, it could be fun if we mix it with the Avengers, but this means I would have to work on a "sequel", and I actually don't want to haha.

But hey, maybe I can do something about what you said on a video as i said before. Let me do some experiments :p

Also true, something that irks me a lot is the dissapearance of J. Jonah Jameson. he probably can't be used within the narrative of the film, but maybe as an after-credits scene, Peter can come for a job interview at the Bugle? Andrew Garfield has a really good scene for that in The Social Network, he even says something like "i'm a team player" and comes all tailored and preppy. Plus it won't open up any ties for a sequel - it's just a silly cameo by a much-beloved character. Plus there's no effects work involved.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nimibro said:
Also true, something that irks me a lot is the dissapearance of J. Jonah Jameson. he probably can't be used within the narrative of the film, but maybe as an after-credits scene, Peter can come for a job interview at the Bugle? Andrew Garfield has a really good scene for that in The Social Network, he even says something like "i'm a team player" and comes all tailored and preppy. Plus it won't open up any ties for a sequel - it's just a silly cameo by a much-beloved character. Plus there's no effects work involved.

That is actually a wonderful idea :D . I like it a lot. Let me do some experiments, you gave me inspiration hahaha. Thanks!

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another little change i'm gonna make is the Crane scene. Personally I believe it's pretty epic, but at the same time is stupid. What are the chances a lot worker position their cranes exactly to make Spidey swing to OSCORP? I edited it a little bit in a way it looks like Spidey is going to swing because he is now ready, not because the workers inspired him to swing because they put the cranes visible. Anyways, it's gonna look fine, a little bit less stupid. At least, people won't be thinking on the workers positioning their cranes conveniently to make Spider-Man swing :v

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nimibro said:

The Cameo/Post credit scene is ready. Thanks for all your help :D

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks great! Also is it just me or did you make Spider-Man's eyes bigger to match the film?

Top Bottom