• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Sensational Spider-Man (TASM 1&2 Hybrid) by samspider3

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nimibro said:
That sounds really good man! another thing that could work with the Ratha deleted scene is a line from Bourne Identity - "We will burn for this. The Both of us". The line with the bodies works as well, but the one from Bourne sounds like he's pertaining to someone.

Also if you're still working on the Jameson scene, maybe you can add one of those trademark "Parker!" Screams at the beginning?

I was trying to see where I could put "We will burn for this. The both of us". But I was not so sure where else I could put it. I believe the bodies lines works perfectly in that scene xD. Let me see what else I can do because that line from Bourne is actually pretty good.

And now that you mention it, yes, I was thinking on adding a "Parker!" at the beginning of this cameo :D . I will do it, it's obvious we think more or less similar haha.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good news, everybody: The Project has been officially completed. Now that the Fan Edit is being rendered right now, i will give you a little bit more complete list of the changes of this Fan Edit.

-Title changed to "The Sensational Spider-Man", using the logo at the end of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to make it look with more style.

-The movie opens with Richard Parker destroying the Spiders and the files. The music was changed with the original The Amazing Spider-Man opening theme and the sound effects replaced for this.

-After this, we go to the scene where Peter is playing hide and seek and discovers his father's office been destroyed. Richard and Mary leave Peter with Uncle Ben and Aunt May and take a plane.

-The fight in the plane scene was included but trimmed to not make it as long as it should be.

-After the plane scene, we go back to Peter. 10 years laters, he's in High School.

-After Peter meets Gwen for the first time, we go to a scene where Harry Osborn is coming back home after a long time.

-Peter searches a little bit for "Roosevelt", but without success before making his information quest about his father, Connors and OSCORP.

-No Rodrigo Guevara scene. Peter gets in the Interns tour by himself without problems.

-Footage of Chris Cooper Hologram as Norman Osborn used to replace the shot where we see the silhouete of a shadowy Norman from the first movie.

-After Dr. Ratha drops his files accidentally, Norman will say by radio he is dumb (because of his clumsiness)

-Peter gets Bitten by the Spider in the Spider room. He never gets a badge and he never gives it to Gwen.

-After Peter talks to Dr. Connors about the Cross Species experiment, we get a transition that leads us to Peter visiting Harry Osborn at his house. The scene was cut a little bit to not have continuity problems. I cut the part where Peter says Gwen works for Harry at OSCORP.

-The scene with Peter talking to Gwen (we could... or you know, we could...) was trimmed a little bit to not make it so cheesy. I think it will still look cute.

-Peter's ringtone has been replaced with the ringtone used in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

-Alternate Uncle Ben's Death: After Peter lets the thief run away, he hides and drinks his milk. He has 5 missed calls from Uncle Ben in his cell phone that he decided to ignore. Then, Uncle Ben gets shot and Peter goes to see what happened.

-Deleted Scene: Connors goes to Peter's house to give him his condolences. This scene is important for what I want to accomplish with Peter as character.

-Peter NEVER searches for Uncle Ben's Killer in this Fan Edit.

-Cut the shot where Peter lets hanged that thug in the building. I think it made seem Peter like a douchebag. Remember: This Peter Parker will be as close as we can get to the Peter Parker we all know.

-Peter hears in his head Uncle Ben's and Connors' Words: "If you could do good things for other people you have the moral obligation to do those things" and "Build your own cathedrals". This will serve as the character's motivation to become a super hero. To use his powers for good.

-Cut all the shots where Peter checks for thieves wrists because, as i said, he never searches for Uncle Ben's Killer. Now it will seem like he is beginning to become a Hero, attacking and stopping the bad guys.

-Replaced all web sound effects with Raimi's Trilogy web sound effects.

-Added the full POV sequence seen in the trailers, but chopped in the final movie.

-Peter does not say to Aunt May "please, please, please go to sleep". I think it's kind of douchey. I know he is a Teenager, but he doesn't have to be an ass with his Aunt :c . The Peter I know wouldn't do that.

-After Dr. Ratha Fires Connors, we hear Norman by radio saying to him he didn't think Ratha would handle the situation like that.

-After Connors tests the formula, we go to a scene where Harry talks to Norman. He is very sick. Harry doesn't have the retroviral hyperplasia in this version. He inherits Norman's files.

-Cut the Doorman scene that I used on Organic Eggs Edition and the scene where Peter goes to Gwen's apartment by her window.

-Cut the segment where Captain Stacy says Spidey is not a hero because he is seeking to fullfil a personal Vendetta. Again, Uncle Ben's killer is not the subject in this story.

-Cut the part where Peter says "I've been bitten". The scene was kind of trimmed to not make it so cheesy.

-Norman messes with Ratha by radio while he is on the traffic jam, on the Bridge.

-The Next morning, after the bridge scene, Harry calls Peter and he tells him he needs to see him at OSCORP.

-We get introduced the Daily Bugle as a News TV program. I used footage from the viral campaign to accomplish this.

-Peter doesn't show Gwen the Spider.

-After talking to Gwen on the Football field, Peter goes to OSCORP and Harry shows him Norman's files, we discover Peter has been watched all the time. Peter leaves Harry's office in silence and takes the elevator to go to see Dr. Connors.

-I discarded one deleted scene: Connors seeing his son. It's an interesting scene and it helps grow Connors' character, but his son was not introduced to us until this scene and it would be kind of weird.

-Peter watches for Connors to see what he is doing. He never goes to see Captain Stacy to talk about the Lizard.

-Replaced the Shot of "Reward for Lizard Photos" with "Reward for Spider-Man Photos" used in the first Spider-Man directed by Sam Raimi. We saw Daily Bugle and it was introduced. Now, it's a good time to use Peter's abilities as photographer.

-Cut the scene where Captain Stacy talks to Gwen about Cocoa and Gwen having Cramps.

-Gwen cleaning Peter's wounds has been trimmed a little bit.

-Deleted Scene: Dr. Ratha goes to Connors' Office to see what is he working on. We hear Norman saying by radio "We will burn for this...we will both of us burn". After Ratha realizes Connors' intentions, Norman says "have to do something, about that, won't we?"

-Deleted Scene: We see how Connors begins to enjoy his power as Lizard, believing he is faster, stronger and better than Peter. Important scene to form a better character.

-After this, we see Peter talking to Aunt May and she reveals what happened to Richard. It was cut a little bit to take out that stupid over the top dramatic scene where Aunt May goes nuts and gets the empty nest syndrome or something like that.

-After Aunt May and Peter end talking, we see Connors Transforming again to attack Peter. I used the scene from the original movie, but replaced the music and took out the inner voice because this version of Dr. Connors is not hearing voices in his head as Green Goblin, or Dr. Octopus or Venom. It would seem like they are repeating the same story again.

-Deleted Scene: Girls in the Bathroom talking about boyfriends and then the Lizard comes out of the toilet. Cut the part where Connors does that disgusting thing with his tongue with the girls. The Girls scream after this.

-Deleted Scene: Peter Finds Connors transformed into human. He asks for Help.

-Deleted Scene: We then go to Connors' lair, where he talks to Peter about his plans for the world. Important scene because it helps to build Connors' character and we see what happened to Dr. Ratha. It's also an alternate scene where Peter finds Connors' computer and he discovers his real plan (the deleted scene is so much better).

-Peter gets weak because of Dr. Ratha's serum and he escpaes Lizard's lair while talking to Gwen by phone to tell her to create an antidote.

-Cut a little bit the crane scene to not make it that stupid. The cranes happened to be just right there and nothing more. We don't see workers trying to put the cranes in line to "help Spider-Man". Spidey only gets help from the boy at the bridge's father, who uses his crane to help him not to fall after Spidey tries to swing.

-We see Connors being put behind bars after Peter goes to his house.

-Deleted Scene: We see Peter cooking with Aunt May. This scene is important because we see how Peter becomes more responsible. Then, Gwen arrives.

-After breaking up with Gwen, Peter discovers the mystery around Roosevelt and he goes to the subway station to see his Father's final video.

-Norman Osborn Dies and Harry inherits OSCORP. It's implied that things are gonna be better with him as the head of the company.

-During Uncle Ben's Final Speech to Peter, we see Peter and Aunt May visiting Uncle Ben's grave. I used footage from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 2. This way we will see how important and significant is Ben in Peter's life.

-Peter doesn't become Flash's friend.

-Peter respects Captain Stacy's wish of leaving Gwen out of Peter's life to not harm her.

-Film closes differently: 3 months later. A new villain has arrived (Rhino) and then Spidey goes to the rescue with his definitive suit. In the style of "the adventure continues" kind of ending. Oh and I modified Rhino's line. He says "I am Rhino" instead of "I am THE Rhino".

-Credits font changed to add the producers, composers and writers from both, first film and second film.

-Middle Credit Scene: Peter watches Gwen from a far building, but he decides to leave after he sees a building in fire. Implying he misses her, but he cannot be with her anymore, and it will be the "beginning" of the sad Spider-Man journey.

-After Credit Scene: J. Jonah Jameson cameo, starring J. K Simmons. Peter goes to a Job Interview and he shows Jonah his portfolio, but he is not impressed. Then, Peter shows him his Spider-Man Photos (taken from Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2). Jonah decides to pay him $200...until Betty Brant says him some good news, what makes him happier and pays Peter $300 bucks. Peter replies "I can live with that" and the scene ends. Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2 and Social Network footage was used for this scene. Thanks to Nimibro for his help and advices for this scene :D

yoshif8tures

Reaction score
Trophy Points
With great power comes great responsibility.

It's a shame that line doesn't appear in the new films, it's just so iconic.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yoshif8tures said:
With great power comes great responsibility.

It's a shame that line doesn't appear in the new films, it's just so iconic.

It's true, but that's why I wanted to make more emphasize on Uncle Ben's Words on this fan edit. In the original movie it doesn't seem like those were important words to Peter. It kind of misses in the process.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fan edit is available now on Mega :D. But it will be published on fanedit.org next week :)

coinilius

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really loving the sound of this edit - sounds like a great new way to watch Amazing Spider-Man and also have some sense of closure for this short-lived series.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Fan Edit will be released on the website next week, i hope. Thank you all for your help and suggestions :D

yoshif8tures

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched your edit and I must say that I didn't enjoy it. It just dragged on and seemed to be going nowhere. Lack of character development where I just didn't care about them really.
But this really isn't your fault since the source material isn't very good to begin with. The editing was good except for the audio of Osborn, it was jarring and I kept wondering where his voice was coming from and why no one responded to him.
If you want more feedback I can give it to you, in any case I'll post a review when it's up on the site.

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Didn't even know that this was coming out, seems like a really good idea, I will leave a review once I see it :)

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Smithers said:
Didn't even know that this was coming out, seems like a really good idea, I will leave a review once I see it :)

And I will wait for your review xD. Hope you like it. It's an ambitious project.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thealaexhunter said:
I am new here, how do I view the link for the Mega download

Since this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

BillyG

Reaction score
Trophy Points
samspider3 said:
The fan edit is available now on Mega

thealaexhunter said:
I am new here, how do I view the link for the Mega download

Please do note that just because someone states the download is available on Mega, that doesn't permit you to ask how to get it :)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
BillyG said:
Please do note that just because someone states the download is available on Mega, that doesn't permit you to ask how to get it :)

Please leave the moderating to the moderators. We have it covered, though I do thank you for the attempt and for actually reading the rules :)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And to correct what you said, people are permitted to ask for the edit, just not in the project thread. PM or Trade/Request forum.

BillyG

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
And to correct what you said, people are permitted to ask for the edit, just not in the project thread. PM or Trade/Request forum.

Sorry all, I'm definitely not trying to co-mod , I didn't think it could appear as such. I just wanted my fellow newbie a humorous heads up as this is walking a thin line, with the faneditor explicitly stating it's available on Mega (sic!) ... but of course its in the rulez to pm and not ask in the thread. Which I didn't, btw.

But I'll watch this one this evening after I took all the hassle to track down copies of both movies - with a trilogy cut short and leaving things onresolved, a fanedit is really the only way out and the movie producers should be thankful for it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BillyG said:
this is walking a thin line, with the faneditor explicitly stating it's available on Mega

The rules allow this. Please no more discussion on this topic.

Top Bottom