• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Room (2023)

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
O hai, fanedit dot org! I have something for youuuu...

Nothing is sacred. The one and only "Citizen Kane of Bad Movies", Tommy Wiseau's magnum opus The Room, is being remade. I'm fed up with this wahrld!

Yup, for real. The remake is happening to raise funds for amfAR, the AIDS Research Foundation, and despite the original's memetic status, reportedly it's being played completely straight and earnest.

And who's playing Johnny, the role made (in)famous by Wiseau? Wait for it: Bob Odenkirk. Yes, Saul Goodman himself! That's quite the upgrade indeed. Greg Sestero, the original Mark, is also in it, but this time around he's playing Chris-R, the one-scene-wonder drug dealer.

To be honest, I don't know what to make of this. My best guess is that it'll be something akin to Bobson Dugnutt's remake of Back to the Future: The Reality Cut. As in, about every aspect of it will be objectively greatly improved, but since the charm of the original is exactly how unspeakably awful it is, won't it stop working, and if so, what is the point really? (Cinematically speaking that is; the charity effort is of course admirable).

Further info: https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/n...-starring-bob-odenkirk-gets-first-look-photos

Last edited:
When all's said and done, someone needs to make a "multiverse cut" of The Room, alternating between the original, the remake, and the reshot scenes from The Disaster Artist.

When all's said and done, someone needs to make a "multiverse cut" of The Room, alternating between the original, the remake, and the reshot scenes from The Disaster Artist.
Steven Soderbergh's Rooms!

EDIT: Actually... that has a lot of fanmix possibilities. Using James Franco for the behind the scenes stuff, then using Bob Odenkirk for the performance Wiseau thinks he's giving, and Wiseau himself for the performance he's actually giving.

Last edited:
Steven Soderbergh's Rooms!

EDIT: Actually... that has a lot of fanmix possibilities. Using James Franco for the behind the scenes stuff, then using Bob Odenkirk for the performance Wiseau thinks he's giving, and Wiseau himself for the performance he's actually giving.

To say nothing of the fact that Odenkirk has a small role in Disaster Artist, as Franco-Wiseau's acting coach. In his mind's eye, he could see himself taking form as his teacher. Work in the post-credit cameo by the real Wiseau and you have... something?

Further info on the cast: Bella Heathcote will be playing Lisa. Mark will be the remake's director Brando Crawford. Filmmaker Mike Flanagan (Midnight Mass) will be Peter (the lawyer character who disappears mid-movie without any logic), and Flanagan's wife actress Kate Siegel will also be in it, I've seen mentioned out there that as Claudette (Lisa's mom) but since she's only five years older than Heathcote my guess is that she'll be playing Michelle instead.

Another idea for the edit: Both Wiseau and Odenkirk were interviewed on Space Ghost Coast to Coast. It wouldn't be too difficult to swap the footage around, making the segments only slightly less coherent.

Back
Top Bottom