• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Rock - Thermalized by CBB

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
DoctorM said:
I can never blank out of my mind Sean Connery saying "Losers whine about trying their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen."

Actually... that's one line I kinda liked! To me it seemed to fit Mason's character to a T and even reminded me of something Bond would say.

Speaking of 'Bond', I used to talk and joke with my friend that Mason was the first Bond and that's why Roger Moore took the reigns :wink: Yeah yeah, I know, it's just a movie... but is it me or did they play Mason up as a sorta Bondesque character that was caught and disavowed and left to rot? I know this is off topic a bit, but when I first saw this flick I thought Connery did such a good job in an action flick at his age that he could have done a Bond comeback and nobody would have complained at all!

This is a fanedit I definitely have on my list to get!

wbassett said:
Speaking of 'Bond', I used to talk and joke with my friend that Mason was the first Bond and that's why Roger Moore took the reigns :wink: Yeah yeah, I know, it's just a movie... but is it me or did they play Mason up as a sorta Bondesque character that was caught and disavowed and left to rot?
Something tells me you might be interested in a little something that Jorge has been working on lately. I'm looking forward to it myself. ;)

Michael Bay keeps catching me out. I watched The Rock - Thermalized by CBB having totally forgotten that Bay was the director.

Michael Bay with Renny Harlin and Ron Howard are my least favorite directors. Their souls are firmly sold to mediocrity yet they are probably the most prolific and gainfully employed directors in Hollywood.

Just look at what Michael Bay threatens to offer us in the future: The Unborn (2009) (post-production), Friday the 13th (2009) (post-production), Fiasco Heights (2009) (pre-production), The Birds (2009) (pre-production), A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) (pre-production).

The Review

The Rock: Thermalized

I would have liked to have seen less of Cage's plastic surgery enhanced girl friend. She comes across as an annoying brat. Her character suggests that the future marriage will not be a happy one as she selfishly disregards Cage's demand that she not visit San Francisco. She knows he works in a dangerous department of the F.B.I. so should heed his advice, if she had any common sense. Her voice is also cringe inducing. Connery's daughter also has the faux look of surgical alteration.

The constant yelling and "humorous" quips by Cage become tiresome. The first time he disassembles a chemical bomb he finds a lot of time to simply bitch at Connery rather the concentrate on the dangerous task in hand.

Also the highly trained soldiers or mutineers that have taken the rock are so highly trained that they never post a single guard at any of the missiles directed at San Francisco! When their General commands that they cease-fire, these professional soldiers continue firing relentlessly and with wild abandon!

The saving grace of this movie is Connery.

CBB has lost as much of the caricature gay barber but still the character exists. CBB has also removed the theme-park ride aspects of the chase in the tunnels. He has also made Cage's escape from the final missile explosion more plausible. That said our two heros have survived hundreds of rounds being fired at them from modern automatic weapons by simply hiding behind office furniture, so I think the plausibility of Cage surviving a missile fired from a jet is certain.

Many years have passed since the murder of President John F. Kennedy in Dallas. A world changing event that still has powerful implications today when we see what family is in power. I am not an American but I find it rather sick that the final gag of this tasteless movie is in regard to that tragic day. I suppose our Hollywood heroes will soon be making jokes about 9/11. Shame on you Michael Bay!

The DVD

As usual is very well presented. There are no hard audio or visual cuts but I did notice some strange audio during the final explosion. The picture quality is good and there are some nice extras.

interesting, so what does this poll have to do with a review of the fanedit?

I have removed the poll as it was about Bay and not the FanEdit.

thank you for this review, mollo. Since I am such a huge fan of the original it is of course hard for me, how anything of this movie cannot be liked by someone else, but I think this is always like this when it comes to true fans.
It is a pity my fanedit could not turn you into a fan of this movie too, then again I think it was not created for that, just to improve on the already great original. Someone who disliked Michael Bay's style would have edited it very differently than I did.

this is now available through BT on piratebay

This is a great edit and is one of the ones I prefer to the original.

this is now available through USENET (or newsgroups).
I will upload most of my fanedits there now, because there they are safe from deletion for at least 2 years. Download and upload are easy and super fast (but not free). Enjoy!

NZB should be on fanedit.info soon. Or you can search on binsearch or newzleech for "fanedit"

Either PM boon to notify him about it, or post a trade request in the respective forum.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I guess my question should have been "How do I get this from usenet?" Being new a little advice would go a long way.

Thanks John

Back
Top Bottom