• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Rock - Thermalized by CBB

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
me don?t like green! maybe is it possible to invent them night vision googles in blue... then you could make a blue cover!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

update.
This one is about finished.
3D_the_rock_thermalized.jpg

Sadly nothing will fix the biggest problem that the Rock has.

Nic Cage is supposed to be a Chemical Weapons expert. How do we see his expertise used? He puts a chemical weapon in a guys mouth and punches him...... :eek:

Shame you can't somehow move the bomb-doll defusing scene to the ending . That would have made more sense.

Since the accident of my daughter I have stopped working on this fanedit, but now I am back on track...
and I have redecided. The one scene that really bugged me and made me worry, was that darn mourge rollercoaster ride. I so much wanted it gone, BUT this led to a major problem... since down there 5 mercenaries get killed the number of mercenaries on the Rock just did not add up anymore. So finally I have re-edited it again and cut this scene, so it is shorter, especially the ride scenes are very short, which is pretty much exactly what I want and how this scene can be enjoyed for me. Now it will take a bit longer until this is finally finished, but in a few days it should be just fine and completed.
I am glad I could use most of what I did before.

and still I am not done with changing it seems... finally I made another cut that I thought was impossible... and to me it works like magic.
Remember that scene, when the F-16 drops the thermite plasma bomb on the Rock and Goodspeed gets blown away about 300 feet to drop almost dead in the water and then be saved by Mason? Well... this is corrected now and I am so proud of this scene.
I took a few scenes from a previous chase, which were not necessary there and now Goodspeed gets up, jumps down and escapes the explosion himself by doing one big jump into the water, where he then is saved by Mason. It works this way and is by far more likely that he could survive this.
I am happy.
Also I found out how Ulead can handle REAL 5.1 and so I will give this a try although it is incredibly time consuming and for the sake of the image quality I will drop Spanish and Russian audio.
Still there will be English and Swedish subtitles. My tribute to the piratebay guys.

ok...here is a question on how you want this released:
would you prefer the full DVD as torrent or a 850mb xvid avi (which looks quite good)?

i always prefer full DVDs (menus, quality, compatibility) but understand that a lot of people like the divx/ac3 releases, too.

i'd always vote DVD5 first, DVD9 (if necessary) second and AVI third.

my vote for DVD5

thanks Boon, the Rock is one of my favourites!

I have finished my commentary for this fanedit. 12 minutes... hahaha, be embarrassed, be amused, be bored, it's only me. :)

i definitely think DVD on this one. cant wait to hear your extensive commentary :) any new updates on the artwork? seemed incomplete before

I posted a new one. You might have missed or just didn't like it. The one with the fence. Just check the previous posts.

oh, i see it now. it didnt load for me before. I like it a lot :) looks much more complete than your first attempt. cool-looking cover. When can we expect this edit to be released?

VERY soon.
:)
I am still putting together some extras and am designing menus. The rest is all done.

is there a xvid/h264 movie-only torrent for this somewhere?

of course not gekko. Feel free to make one.

This project is hereby finished.

I will post a complete info tomorrow.

RS release: friday
Torrent release: saturday

Definitely looking forward to nabbing this one!

Back
Top Bottom