• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Resurgance of Adventure Games

Looking good! I'll pledge 30 or so later today.

Last night Tex made it over the line to the magic $450,000. Stretch goals haven't been announced yet should make some interesting viewing when they release their update later on today.

This just leaves The Two Guys from Andromeda's kickstarter as the only one of the old school revivals to not reach their target. If you have even a passing interest in P&C adventure gaming please for the love of Roger nip over there and donate some of your hard earned to get this project funded.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que

Now if only the Two Guys from Andromeda got their last bit. Only 4 days left!

$140,000 in three days is going to be tight, hence my plea to people to donate above.

Ahh well done my part gone and upped pledge to $150.

Yay! The 2 Guys just made their target with 20 hours to go!

nOmArch said:
Yay! The 2 Guys just made their target with 20 hours to go!

Whew! I was getting nervous there. I have to say out of all the classic designers these two I'm most hopeful for. I grew up with the Space Quest series, and I vividly remember rushing to the computer store after school to pick up the latest release for my Amiga. Oh the memories...

Awesome stuff, its funny we just had E3 and I'm psyched to see all these classic developers with their humble budgets more than I am for 98% of the stuff presented there.

Yes very pleased for the 2 guys, looks like next year could be the adventure renaissance we've been waiting for all these years.

I'm most excited about Project Fedora and Double Fine's adventure as they hold the fondest memories for me but god damn getting SpaceVenture, Larry Reloaded, Kings Quest AND Moebius as well is just the icing on the cake.

All that needs to happen now is for the awful Sam Suede to bomb massively so Steve Ince can do the decent thing and start working with Revolution on a new Broken Sword.

Oh and more Monkey Island please TT :)

nOmArch said:
I'm most excited about Project Fedora and Double Fine's adventure as they hold the fondest memories for me but god damn getting SpaceVenture, Larry Reloaded, Kings Quest AND Moebius as well is just the icing on the cake.

Whazzat now? King's Quest is getting a new lease on life too? How did I miss that!

Yeah TT are doing it, it was announced last year at the same time as Walking Dead/Jurassic Park.

Roberta Williams will not be involved; although that may change since the adventure climate finally seems to be thawing out, and they did get a certain M. J. Fox & Claudia Wells on board with BTTF. either way fingers crossed.

http://www.twitch.tv/andromedaguys/b/321377637

Two Guys wrap party for SpaceVenture, unintentional comedy gold as Scott and Mark obviously have no idea about social media plus they are blatantly getting hammered all the way through.

'I like ponies'

'Who wants to ride my horn?'

'Prove you're ladies!'

'Chris is a dick'

'Who cares about the French'

'stretch goals? stretch marks!'

'My moms locked in the other room and if she wakes up I'll hit her with a mallet.

'BOOOOOOOBS'

'I need a German!'

'How many people have nipple rings? Raise your hands!'

'I did nothing to your cats.'

With just under 12 hours to go Tex has made the 30% stretch goal of $585,000 which means we're gonna get lots more gameplay, better actors, professionally recorded soundtrack with real instruments/musicians and a musical number for Tex plus since Access Software made many golf sims back in the day they're gonna throw one in to play when you get bored of sleuthing and need to flex your 7 iron instead of your brain.

in other news Sam Suede, after nearly a month of campaigning, has made only $11,000 of $500,000. ROFLMAO :cool:

eminds me I still haven't played Soo blond or the runaway trilogy yet, and I bought them about 2 years ago but my PC wasn't quite powerful enough to run them at the time.

Well this sucks.

Apparently Jane Jensen has stated in an interview that Moebius and Mystery Game X (smart money is on a GK1 Remake) will both be primarily developed for Ipad with support for PC/Mac.

What this means is that iOS will be the development platform and as such the game engine will be considerably less complex, the controls will be optimised for touch operation and textures, samples and other assets will need to be highly optimised due to limited storage on tablets.

In other words the games are going to suck compared to what they could be if developed on the proper platform.

I have asked for clarification from the admins over at pinkerton road as I think this could cause a bit of a stir.

I changed the thread title since its more than Tex Murphy at this point. Hope that's okay with the OP.

As for development for iPad first I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. iPad uses Object-C, a variation of the C language. From what I uunderstandings easier to port from Object-C to C or C++, whatever the standard is on Windowss. And if their games adhere to the standard point-and-click adventure format it's perfect. Instead of a mouse you use your finger. Same principle. From a business sense it makes sense: your game is available on more platforms at less cost. And anything to jump start the adventure game is good in my book!

nOmArch said:
Blimey, somebody up there must of been listening! I have great pleasure in announcing that a new Broken Sword game has gone live on Kickstarter!! :cool:

Here's the link

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165500047/broken-sword-the-serpents-curse-adventure

Saw this yesterday and only just thought to come here to mention it :)
I've replayed 1&2 countless times, beat BS3 twice on the ps2 but never finished 4, I also played 2.5 twice (that's a fan-made interquel)

I pretty much handed over my $100 before I even watched the promo video on the page, watching that after just made me really glad I did.

Yeah they had me at a new broken sword game.

Can't say I really enjoyed 2.5, a great effort for a fan game but something just wasn't quite right.

Back
Top Bottom