• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Recipe Thread

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oven baked bbq pork steaks

I'll start off by saying pork steaks are best smoked. But that's a whole different process that's less accessible for most people so I'm sharing my oven baked recipe. Might do some smoker recipes at a later time.

Pork steaks. (Kindof a Midwest thing, if it's not a thing where you are it's a steak cut from a pork shoulder. It's actually super delicious, if you are in an area where you can't just get go to walmart and get a pork steak you could go to a butcher shop and ask for pork shoulder steaks) Pretty versatile cut of meat. You can smoke it or bake it with bbq flavoring, or even grill it hot like a beef steak, although being pork obviously you have to get it well done. But that's okay, it's a very juicy and forgiving piece of meat.

Anywoozles, this is for bbq pork steak in the oven. It's a long slow cook but it's worth it.

Season pork steaks either with seasoning salt and pepper or a BBQ rub and pepper, put on a foil lined pan and also cover in foil. Bake in the oven for 2 hours at just 300 degrees.

Take it out of the oven, and pour out all of the juice/grease/fat that will have cooked out into the pan. At this point the meat will be looking pretty terrible, but fear not because the texture and appearance will be coming together nicely in this last step.

Brush a medium amount of your favorite bbq sauce on both sides of the meat. Make sure to cover it all in a thin layer.

Bake for 1 more hour, uncovered, at 275. Trust me this last step will pull it all together. It'll have a very appealing texture and will be super tender and juicy and taste great.

Profit.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Reverse sear steaks.

Take your favorite cut—I prefer a Prime ribeye—pat dry and place in the refrigerator uncovered. After a few hours, rub with a salt and pepper mixture and put back in refrigerator uncovered.

Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Place steaks on a cooling rack over a baking sheet to elevate it from the surface. Bake until the internal temperature reaches about 15-20 degrees below your desired doneness. I use a remote thermometer to monitor the internal temperature.

Once your meat is at its target temperature, remove from oven and pat dry one more time. Then place on a smoking hot cast iron skillet and sear all sides. You want to get a browning good enough to get the Maillard effect. Serve immediately. No rest necessary. Enjoy the best steak you’ve ever had.
As the continued main poster in this thread, I'd like to officially not only recommend the reverse sear method but also point out that if you have a smoker available... Try doing the first step in there instead of the oven. It may not be so much better that it's worth the trouble of doing it that way every single time, but it's certainly worth doing it once in a while.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm very pleased with a mulled white wine I just knocked up. It's strong, sweet and the colour of gold. I'm on to my third glass already!

2x bottles of White Wine
3x blocks of Thai Palm Sugar (or whatever equivalent you have, to taste)
A good slosh of Brandy
The peel of a Lemon, and an Orange
6 Cardamom pods
6 Cloves
1 large stick of Cinnamon
A Handful of Sultanas

- Simmer very gently for about 1/2 an hour
- Sieve
- Drink

Last edited:

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score