• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Quotes Thread

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Reason is the natural organ of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning." - C. S. Lewis.

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive." - C. S. Lewis.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
" I did not find another good quote but the important thing is to participate".

- TMBTM

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman."

— Arnold Schwarzeneggar

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself; I am large, I contain multitudes."

— Walt Whitman

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Damn you, Walt Whitman!"

~ Homer J. Simpson

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to 'order' than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: 'I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action'; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a 'more convenient season.' Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

— Martin Luther King, Jr.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"I will never say that progress is being made. If you stick a knife in my back nine inches and pull it out six inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made. And they haven't even begun to pull the knife out, much less try and heal the wound. They won't even admit the knife is there."

— Malcolm X

morgancooper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Who likes to communicate with quotes? I really enjoy using them in conversation.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If I could communicate exclusively through film quotes or Simpsons quotes, I would be in heaven. But everyone else would be in hell.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh no. It's just interesting how people communicate and how they pay attention to it. I did not expect such an answer.
My apologies. We've had an influx of bots lately. Thank you for being a fleshy feeling human :)

If I could communicate exclusively through film quotes or Simpsons quotes, I would be in heaven. But everyone else would be in hell.
This may be my work situation 😅

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

— Martin Luther King Jr.

MightyAttackTribble

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing." – Ron Swanson

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." – W.C. Fields

Top Bottom