• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Quick and Dirty Guide to Uploading to Usenet

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks guys for all your assistance :) It was a DVD9 file and although it is still saying that "warning" again, even after using QuickPar again and making sure I'm following Neg's advice. Anyways, all looks good to go so have started uploading Smallville Destiny Part 1. I'll let you know how I get on ;)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:-( Well, I just don't seem to have any luck when it comes to this Usenet lark. After following the guide as closely as I can, and camelpost finishing posting the RAR files, Par files, NFO and SFV, I then try to download the eidt in SABnzdb and it seems like to can't find the files at all.

The first time it came back with none of the files available and on second attempt, SABnzdb stated "Out of server's retention".

I believe I am cursed! lol.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oooo...oooo... hang on... after using binsearch to make sure the files were up, I have created a new NZB and now it appears to be fine.... downloading now, so let's keep our fingers crossed ;)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah according to Binsearch DVD1 looks like it uploaded fine.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Yeah according to Binsearch DVD1 looks like it uploaded fine.

Yep, you're spot on Neg... disc 1 downloaded fine, so am now uploading Part 2. Thanks again for all your help people.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, just tried to upload Part 2 of Smallville Destiny, and it appears fine "except", when searching on BinSearch one of the PAR2 files seems incomplete... says : "S_Destiny_part_2_NTSC_DL.vol272+18.PAR2" yEnc (1/146)" (incomplete 114/146).

Now, will this harm the download at all? I'm attempting to download at the moment, but am I right in assuming that this particular incomplete PAR2 file would deny a PAR2 repair attempt if somebody needed to do so at any stage?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the PAR2 file should still work properly but it'll just be short x number of blocks so it won't rebuild quite as much as it should.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LastSurvivor said:
Okay, just tried to upload Part 2 of Smallville Destiny, and it appears fine "except", when searching on BinSearch one of the PAR2 files seems incomplete... says : "S_Destiny_part_2_NTSC_DL.vol272+18.PAR2" yEnc (1/146)" (incomplete 114/146).

Now, will this harm the download at all? I'm attempting to download at the moment, but am I right in assuming that this particular incomplete PAR2 file would deny a PAR2 repair attempt if somebody needed to do so at any stage?

unlikely it will matter.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOm is right. Last Survivor, incomplete files never harm a download. (If the incompletes are rars, one can decode them to access the blocks.)

seciors

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
q2 said:
  1. now we want to give our upload a unique name so people know exactly what it is if browsing usenet. You should see something like:

(????) [$1/$2] - "$f" yenc

change only the ???? In the parentheses. Example:

(adywan star wars revisited 720p) [$1/$2] - “$f” yenc

I just wanted to chime in here and say this might not be a good idea. I lost posting privileges on newsdemon due to violating the terms of service. (I have a different thread asking for recommendations for a new news provider).

Neglify implied using "Star Wars" in the title of the post was the culprit.

I think you might want to modify your recommendation about naming and perhaps suggest that at least one might consider using a cryptic name for edits like Star Wars (and other popular franchises), that seem to really get actively sought out by the copyright police.

Also, since we are creating .NZB files, providing random people the ability to come across an edit via browsing may or may not be the best thing for us. They can completely circumvent our site by coming across an edit in that way, thus not being exposed to the important warnings about "owning the source."

At any rate, just wanted to give people a heads up that naming your edits in the newsgroups might be something you need to think about. I have no idea if using encryption and/or password protection would be something necessary as well. But the fact is, I did get banned from posting and all I posted were 3 fan edits, two of them Star Wars related, which had Star Wars in the name just as the example I quoted from the guide does. I don't know for sure what got me banned, but it was obviously due to posting fan edits which someone decided to be copyrighted material, regardless of what we consider to be fair use.

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The link to Camelsystem Powerpost leads to a page saying "this domain for sale". Anyone have a better download link or a different recommended upload program?

Top Bottom