• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Quick and Dirty Guide to Uploading to Usenet

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, tried that too. It's just that one part that is tripping everything up. Strange hey.

On a seperate note, your guide suggests creating the PAR2 and SFV files prior to uploading to usenet. I noticed there is the option in the Checksums and NZB tab in powerpost to create these within the program. Is this a worthwile option to save time? Or is there a reason to create them using the programs suggested in the guide prior to using powerpost?

Thanks again Q2 :)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My opinion. Create the PAR2s and SFV with the other programs before uploading.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I say use the specific programs as that is their core function. When it comes to usenet better safe than sorry.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All the remaining files have now uploaded. A search suggests that all files are now online, so fingers crossed! It's possible that powerpost was lying to me about those error files - I guess it's possible they had actually already uploaded in full, despite the error message telling me they didn't... Guess we'll see soon enough! Perhaps the PAR2 files will be required to patch it all together.

Regardless, thanks for your suggestions and for the guide Q2. It was very helpful for a tech novice like me :)

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
I say use the specific programs as that is their core function. When it comes to usenet better safe than sorry.

If Powerpost making the PAR2 and SFV can help automate this issue http://www.binaries4all.com/optimizing/, which consequently helps reduce the number of errors, that would be a powerful argument in favor of using Powerpost for all. I'm not saying this is the case though. Haven't had time to research any further.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have now requested posting access for the 2nd time with Newsdemon... We'll see if I get a response this time. Grrr.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Try the live helpdesk. I chatted with helpful Harry, who got it done on the spot.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
I have now requested posting access for the 2nd time with Newsdemon... We'll see if I get a response this time. Grrr.

Check your junk folder. Maybe something got stuck? When I requested post access I had it less than 6 hours later.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have just uploaded another BD successfully, and have found that a quick and easy way to check which files have been successfully/unsuccessfuly uploaded is to ignore what camelsystem powerpost tells you about which files are in error etc, and just search the edit on binsearch.info. I'm not sure why, but powerpost occasionally gives me error messages for files that were successfully uploaded, and the ok for files that weren't.

Sorry if you all knew this already, just thought it might be worth sharing. :)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It definitely is worth sharing. :)

But yeah... binsearch shouldn't be linked to.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
It definitely is worth sharing. :)

But yeah... binsearch shouldn't be linked to.

My bad. Thought that link might be ok, but no worries.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for sharing!

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello again usenet uploaders, I'm back for today's fun usenet challenge.

I created my par2 recovery files for my ROTLS AVCHD using multipar, but when I go to post them using powerpost, I get

Warning: par2 packet size 1152068 incompatible with lines/part

Creating the par2 recovery files using exactly the same settings resulted in a successful upload for other big files, the BD version of ROTLS included, but now this... and it's happening for the WTWTA BD recovery files too.

Anyone else faced this little problem and solved it?

seciors

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just wanted to let people know that there's a site that is much quicker than b-search for finding out if your posting made it. Plus I like how it gives you a "green" light indication when everything seems to be in order.

I hope I'm not going to get in trouble for this, but it's called:
n*z*b*c*l*u*b

google it without the stars.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
LOL.

nzb club.

OMG I said the name of a website!

We're not that far gone here. Here's what the Rules say regarding URLs:

URL’s: When discussing the availability of fanedits, DO NOT use full url’s. Generic names are acceptable (rapidshare, mediafire, info, etc...) but please limit mentioning these to an absolute minimum and whenever you have a question, please PM a Mod or an Admin.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just checked out NZB club. Far inferior to binsearch. With Binsearch you can open a group of files and select which files you want to add to the NZB. Very easily. Cursory glance at NZB club shows me you can't do that, or if you can, it's a pain in the ass.

seciors

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok, whatever, b*tch.

(hope you know I'm kidding neg)

Top Bottom